View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4026
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
http://vikingsjournal.com/_/minnesota-v ... boys-r1467

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Waterboy

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:15 am
Posts: 7
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Hahaha :) I feel like a star! My post was in there :

"I don't foresee an easy game. They have a great home field, and despite getting drunk on 5-0 earlier in the year, most of their fans are pretty cool (I bet many of them were cheering for us in the 2014 GB v Dallas playoffs where our D ran out of gas). You could say some of our fans are drunk on this 10 win streak too!

Anyway, their defense IS solid, but hasn't been extremely good against the run. That works for Dallas, though you know they will be keyed up to stop it. Open up with a lot of very quick plays, outside runs, screens that let blitzers past a lane, etc. Then start opening the playbook a bit more when their initial burst is weakened.

On defense, account for Bradford's skills. He honestly IS a pretty decent QB when healthy. He's far better than some of the QBs we've faced this year, and better than Eli, better than every Browns QB, and so on. Not as good as BenBurger, Dalton, etc. Our defense is banged up and lacks rotation players, so if we can continue to chop them up for steady 5 yard, 7 yard, 12 yard plays on offense on agonizingly slow drives with both Zeke and Morris (DMC?) on offense, that will really help them out. We owe Marinelli after the punishment they went through against the Redskins.

It should be really interesting to say the least. I did say they were overrated by week 4 or 5 after reviewing their games, but also never said they were bad either. Just that they were operating on borrowed time with such a suspect offensive line. They're still dangerous at many skill positions."

And that's my 1 and a half cents.

Pay no mind to the more drunk fans, every team gets those when things are going well. Overconfidence and braggadocio aren't a good look at all.

Hope the game is good! Cheers!

:thumbsup:


Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:32 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Arkaign wrote:
Overconfidence and braggadocio aren't a good look at all.

:


You have been super cordial and measured, so don't take this personally, but in my 14 years of living in TX, I've found that overconfidence and braggadocio are just the norm among Texans. :lol: It sure makes it fun to beat them though! :whistle:

And to be clear, my Texas friends admit to this, though they prefer to call it "bravado," giving it a positive twist (and thereby inflating their egos even more).


Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Texas Vike wrote:
Arkaign wrote:
Overconfidence and braggadocio aren't a good look at all.

:


You have been super cordial and measured, so don't take this personally, but in my 14 years of living in TX, I've found that overconfidence and braggadocio are just the norm among Texans. :lol: It sure makes it fun to beat them though! :whistle:

And to be clear, my Texas friends admit to this, though they prefer to call it "bravado," giving it a positive twist (and thereby inflating their egos even more).


I prefer braggadocio and bravado over schadenfreude. :whistle:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
condescending packer fan trolling the board on a gameday....again


Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Nunin wrote:
condescending packer fan trolling the board on a gameday....again


Bite your tongue, sir!

Good luck tonight. I think you have a chance.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:46 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Jordysghost wrote:
Nunin wrote:
condescending packer fan trolling the board on a gameday....again


Bite your tongue, sir!

Good luck tonight. I think you have a chance.

lol
yeah...we'll see what happens.
i just hope it's a watchable game and not a debacle.
been a rough stretch.


Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Nunin wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Nunin wrote:
condescending packer fan trolling the board on a gameday....again


Bite your tongue, sir!

Good luck tonight. I think you have a chance.

lol
yeah...we'll see what happens.
i just hope it's a watchable game and not a debacle.
been a rough stretch.



Important game for the Vikings playoff hopes, if they lose, they will need the Lions to lose 3 of their next 5, before they can take back control of their destiny.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:16 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
"Playoff hopes.." lolol....we are nothing but a warm up game for any real contender IF we are "lucky" enough to get into the playoffs due to our division being a joke this year. Sadly, the BEST thing that could happen to us is to lose out the year, translate that into a bunch of mid-range draft picks....and use them ALL on OL.


Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:49 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
Jordysghost wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Arkaign wrote:
Overconfidence and braggadocio aren't a good look at all.

:


You have been super cordial and measured, so don't take this personally, but in my 14 years of living in TX, I've found that overconfidence and braggadocio are just the norm among Texans. :lol: It sure makes it fun to beat them though! :whistle:

And to be clear, my Texas friends admit to this, though they prefer to call it "bravado," giving it a positive twist (and thereby inflating their egos even more).


I prefer braggadocio and bravado over schadenfreude. :whistle:


Give me a Texan ANY day over a Sconny! :lol:


Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:55 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:01 pm
Posts: 1377
Location: Tangle Lakes, Alaska
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
We had a saying here in Alaska during the Alyeska Pipeline-building years when the state was overrun by welders from Texas and Oklahoma; "Happiness is a Texan going home with an Okie under each arm". By the way all you Texans out there, did you know that if you divided Alaska in two, it would make Texas the 3rd largest state in the Union? (Fourth at Low Tide.)

_________________
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.


Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Dallas Cowboys
chicagopurple wrote:
"Playoff hopes.." lolol....we are nothing but a warm up game for any real contender IF we are "lucky" enough to get into the playoffs due to our division being a joke this year. Sadly, the BEST thing that could happen to us is to lose out the year, translate that into a bunch of mid-range draft picks....and use them ALL on OL.


Do you realize how many 10- 6 9- 7 'Joke teams' have made it to the playoffs and gone on a run.

The Giants won a SB with the 3wnd ranked D.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.