View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:44 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Playoffs? 
Author Message
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1616
Post Playoffs?
Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.


Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:50 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Posts: 1696
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Re: Playoffs?
If it it the same as the NBA, the loss column is actually more important than the win column.


Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoffs?
IrishViking wrote:
Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.


The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.


Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Playoffs?
PacificNorseWest wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.


The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.

cowboys


Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:01 pm
Posts: 305
Location: sacramento, CA
Post Re: Playoffs?
The redskins are not. Cowboys are leading the division.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

_________________
Is this OUR year?


Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm
Profile YIM
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoffs?
Hmm...Ya'll have a point then. :lol:


Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:01 am
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 pm
Posts: 25
Post Re: Playoffs?
IrishViking wrote:
Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.


I mean now that they beat the packers, it's obvious why they are ahead of us. However, when you posted, they were 5-3-1 (.611 winning percentage) since the tie counts as a .5 (5.5/9 = .611), and we were 6-4 (.600 winning percentage).


Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:30 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoffs?
That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.


Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Posts: 156
Location: The Trees
Post Re: Playoffs?
PacificNorseWest wrote:
That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.


Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.

_________________
Mothman wrote:
... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.


Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:02 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Playoffs?
Purple Martin wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.


Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.



:lol: Damn...What a bleak outlook.


I guess I'll put my hopes on hold this Thanksgiving and wait around for that incredulous, morbid reality of a Vikings fan to set it.


Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7194
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Playoffs?
who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10


Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4395
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Playoffs?
Laserman wrote:
who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10


Once again. Take the negative whining you're spitting out and bring it to another board please. I feel like many would agree here. Just reread your post and listen to the sound of it. Yeah 64-10. Totally realistic :roll:

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Playoffs?
as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.


Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4395
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Playoffs?
Nunin wrote:
as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.


There is no "being done with it". It's every damn time we lose.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:41 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Playoffs?
sure be done with it til next time. it is what it is....and i'm only speaking for myself.


Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Playoffs?
This is why we can't have nice things.


Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.