Playoffs?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1631
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am

Playoffs?

Post by IrishViking » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
0 x

User avatar
TSonn
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Playoffs?

Post by TSonn » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 pm

If it it the same as the NBA, the loss column is actually more important than the win column.
0 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Playoffs?

Post by PacificNorseWest » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm

IrishViking wrote:Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.
0 x

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Nunin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote: The Redskins, as of right now, are winning their division. The Vikings, as it is today, are not. Division winners get the first 4 seeds.
cowboys
0 x

User avatar
cody_2664
Transition Player
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:01 pm
Location: sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Playoffs?

Post by cody_2664 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm

The redskins are not. Cowboys are leading the division.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
0 x
Is this OUR year?

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Playoffs?

Post by PacificNorseWest » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:01 am

Hmm...Ya'll have a point then. :lol:
0 x

NCViking
Backup
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Playoffs?

Post by NCViking » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:30 am

IrishViking wrote:Can someone explain to me how the Redskins are seeded higher than us with fewer wins? :confused: I always thought all tie breakers were a moot point unless the numbers in the win column were equal.
I mean now that they beat the packers, it's obvious why they are ahead of us. However, when you posted, they were 5-3-1 (.611 winning percentage) since the tie counts as a .5 (5.5/9 = .611), and we were 6-4 (.600 winning percentage).
0 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Playoffs?

Post by PacificNorseWest » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 am

That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.
0 x

User avatar
Purple Martin
Starter
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Location: The Trees

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Purple Martin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:02 am

PacificNorseWest wrote:That tie...I'm hoping it screws Seattle in the end too...if Minnesota can find another win streak and be in the convo for a first round bye, that is.
Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.
0 x
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Playoffs?

Post by PacificNorseWest » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 am

Purple Martin wrote: Good grief, you actually think another bye would be good for this team? No more byes. How did the last one help? Anyway we won't get one. Only good teams get byes and we're only a notch above average.

:lol: Damn...What a bleak outlook.


I guess I'll put my hopes on hold this Thanksgiving and wait around for that incredulous, morbid reality of a Vikings fan to set it.
0 x

User avatar
Laserman
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7316
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Laserman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 pm

who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5396
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Laserman wrote:who cares if we somehow get a wildcard? Do you really want to be embarrassed on National TV like that? Wait, Get a taste of that next Thursday when the Cowboys put a ROYAL EMBARASSING #### WHOOPING on us. I'm imagining 64 to 10
Once again. Take the negative whining you're spitting out and bring it to another board please. I feel like many would agree here. Just reread your post and listen to the sound of it. Yeah 64-10. Totally realistic :roll:
0 x
Image

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Nunin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:28 pm

as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5396
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Nunin wrote:as long as people aren't attacking one another, i don't care what they say. it's their expression and opinion....better for people to let it out and be done with it.
There is no "being done with it". It's every damn time we lose.
0 x
Image

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Playoffs?

Post by Nunin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 pm

sure be done with it til next time. it is what it is....and i'm only speaking for myself.
0 x

Locked