Cardinals @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Cardinals @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 1

Post by halfgiz »

soflavike wrote:Game Balls:

Patterson
Rhodes
Locke
How big was that 72 yard punt :D
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

halfgiz wrote: How big was that 72 yard punt :D
Huuuuuuuuge.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

how did the o-line look today i wasn't able to watch the game? the box score sure does look confusing with all of those points and 1 passing and 1 rushing td. judging by the numbers our offense played bad again.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Double
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Jeez...I told myself the next must-win wasn't until the Thanksgiving affair in Detroit, but you wouldn't have known it if you watched the game with me...I was very much intune with that game...I wanted it as a fan soooo bad. Feels great that they won, but if they lost, my goodness would I be sad?...definitely.

We need a therapeutic thread of some sorts...I can only imagine those that witnessed the 4 SB losses on top of the 3 NFCCG losses that I've witnessed.

I'd ask someone how it feels to be elated after being a lifelong fan, but sadly, no one here or Vikings fans anywhere truly know. :(
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Jeez...I told myself the next must-win wasn't until the Thanksgiving affair in Detroit, but you wouldn't have known it if you watched the game with me...I was very much intune with that game...I wanted it as a fan soooo bad. Feels great that they won, but if they lost, my goodness would I be sad?...definitely.

We need a therapeutic thread of some sorts...I can only imagine those that witnessed the 4 SB losses on top of the 3 NFCCG losses that I've witnessed.

I'd ask someone how it feels to be elated after being a lifelong fan, but sadly, no one here or Vikings fans anywhere truly know. :(
Probably wouldn't be that saddening. We were in a 4 game losing streak we were mentlally accepting the loss already expecially against a tough Cardinals team. But since we won, the joy is even sweeter.
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

There WERE some bad*** things that helped this win... so take a moment to enjoy the turn around.

Lions next...

SKOL '16
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

mosscarter wrote:how did the o-line look today i wasn't able to watch the game? the box score sure does look confusing with all of those points and 1 passing and 1 rushing td. judging by the numbers our offense played bad again.
They looked okay in the first half, the second half some key blocks were missed that caused crucial sacks and fumbles that almost turned the game around.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Dmizzle0 wrote: Probably wouldn't be that saddening. We were in a 4 game losing streak we were mentlally accepting the loss already expecially against a tough Cardinals team. But since we won, the joy is even sweeter.
You're 100% right.

I even posted something to that effect before the game, but of course, the fandom got ahold of me again amidst the drama of that game.

Dammit. :lol:
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: You're 100% right.

I even posted something to that effect before the game, but of course, the fandom got ahold of me again amidst the drama of that game. Dammit.
We play some tough teams in the coming weeks especially the Cowboys. That game I will be emotionally locked in because I dont like the Cowboys and most of my friends are Cowboys fans
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

If the Vikings truly do turn this around -- as in make this season special as most of us succumbed to after the first 5 games -- I refuse to let Cordarrelle's performance and effort slip by the wayside durimg that slide...Hell, even if the season still tanks, that guy has stood out in so many ways, I can't let it NOT be known.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Yep...Let's enjoy our Thanksgiving first, but yes, Dallas is a tough #### team and how sweet would it be to knock them off on the following Thursday.

I think they might lose on Turkey day though, so give 'em two straight L's...let Romo get his job back (big Romo fan, but can't knock what Dak is doing).
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

How were the refs today? I was following the game on gamecast so I couldn't watch it but it seemed like we had to challenge for multiple TDs for us and AZ got bailed out on a bunch of 3rd and 4th downs.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

TSonn wrote:How were the refs today? I was following the game on gamecast so I couldn't watch it but it seemed like we had to challenge for multiple TDs for us and AZ got bailed out on a bunch of 3rd and 4th downs.
Let's just say the refs I saw the other day at a local pee-wee football game did a better job.

Although some went our way, it's a sad state of penalty calling.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Raptorman wrote: Let's just say the refs I saw the other day at a local pee-wee football game did a better job.

Although some went our way, it's a sad state of penalty calling.
Haha excellent. Well I'm glad we pulled it out the W then!