Cardinals @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Cardinals @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 1

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Glad you enjoyed...We're all miserable together anyway...:lol:

I can't wait until Thanksgiving. I won't let it dictate my mood...or will I?! I'm on the West Coast, so I have to gear up to watch the game at 9am and will know our fate before 1pm, meaning I could be grumpy. At least I can offer up a prayer to our Vikings, though what should I thank them for? :lol: Nah, it's been awhile since they played on Turkey day and the fact that it's to be the frontrunner in the NFCN makes they gravy on top worth it. I'll probably post before then, but if I don't see you, have a great Thanksgiving, Nunin..I enjoy the banter.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think Shurmur is still getting a feel for the offense. And we are improving so far with him calling plays.
Hopefully we as a team was in a slump, and we can start peaking at the right time. Clemmings is a liability I would like to see what Hill has to offer. I think a healthy AD would be a plus down the stretch.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

halfgiz wrote:I think Shurmur is still getting a feel for the offense. And we are improving so far with him calling plays.
Hopefully we as a team was in a slump, and we can start peaking at the right time. Clemmings is a liability I would like to see what Hill has to offer. I think a healthy AD would be a plus down the stretch.
Yes praying to stay a float and then get a revved up Peterson for the final push.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

That was my first Vikings game. What a game to go to!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Missed PAT tracker: 12 (NFL record)
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Thaumaturgist wrote:That was my first Vikings game. What a game to go to!

Glad you enjoyed. I'm looking forward to going to the new stadium.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

packers season is toast
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote:packers season is toast
:thumbsup:

We got a two-fer yesterday! :v):
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Thaumaturgist wrote:That was my first Vikings game. What a game to go to!

Glad to hear your first game was a great experience (victory). Pretty special too that you got to see the big returns. Although I have been to 5 Vikings games they were all in Stl as I am local on the Illinois side. All that changes for me as there is no more St Louis Rams :wallbang:

But hey.....got to see the last 3 victories including the AP 212 yard game, Brett Favre and the Allen TD, and CP taking it to the house.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

S197 wrote:I thought Peterson blasting Bradford on that wildcat was a smart call and a terrible penalty. Reminds me of when Kaepernick was really successful with the read option until people started hitting him like a runner. Vikings may have to rethink the wildcat or tell Bradford to hit the deck if it looks like the corner is coming for him :lol:
I also thought it was a smart play by Peterson. Some here were saying it was the right call since Bradford was retreating and out of the play. But that is exactly the same way Bradford acted the previous time they ran that play and he ended up getting the ball and throwing it downfield. Peterson just prevented Bradford from being able to do it again. If you line up as a wide receiver you should expect to get hit as it is legal to chuck a wide receiver within 5 yards. He just gave him a 2 handed shove, it wasn't like he lowered his helmet or anything. Overall I thought the refs made more than the normal number of bad/missed calls today - on both sides. Something has to be done about the current level of officiating.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purple Reign wrote: I also thought it was a smart play by Peterson. Some here were saying it was the right call since Bradford was retreating and out of the play. But that is exactly the same way Bradford acted the previous time they ran that play and he ended up getting the ball and throwing it downfield. Peterson just prevented Bradford from being able to do it again. If you line up as a wide receiver you should expect to get hit as it is legal to chuck a wide receiver within 5 yards. He just gave him a 2 handed shove, it wasn't like he lowered his helmet or anything. Overall I thought the refs made more than the normal number of bad/missed calls today - on both sides. Something has to be done about the current level of officiating.

I completely agree. If that call had gone against us, I'd have been pretty upset. Bradford could just lay down and avoid contact, as manly as that would be :lol: .

There was a similar situation in the SNF game between the Pack and Skins. Rodgers slid head first twice; on both occasions he tried to get up and continue to advance the ball since he went untouched, but the refs whistled it dead because he came to a stop. Collinsworth commented that given Rodger's intelligence, he fully expected him to take advantage of the situation the next chance he got, i.e. slide, but get up before coming to a stop and thus catch the Skins unaware for a huge gain. I think it's fine to protect the QBs, but if they start exploiting the rules in this way, I'm all for them getting what's due.

Russell Wilson caught a TD pass yesterday too. If teams want to put QBs in these roles, they need to be ready for them to get hit.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Texas Vike wrote:
Evidently it was more than just looking like it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hest-pains
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Reign wrote: Evidently it was more than just looking like it.

Scary stuff. I hope he'll be okay going forward.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Purple Reign wrote: Evidently it was more than just looking like it.

yeah...i was worried about Arians.

i totally agree that it was a great play by Peterson to take Bradford out of the play and that is was a bad call and that the BS way the QBs are protected is messing up the game to some degree when QBs take advantage of those rules.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:There was a similar situation in the SNF game between the Pack and Skins. Rodgers slid head first twice; on both occasions he tried to get up and continue to advance the ball since he went untouched, but the refs whistled it dead because he came to a stop. Collinsworth commented that given Rodger's intelligence, he fully expected him to take advantage of the situation the next chance he got, i.e. slide, but get up before coming to a stop and thus catch the Skins unaware for a huge gain. I think it's fine to protect the QBs, but if they start exploiting the rules in this way, I'm all for them getting what's due.

I am too. The whole idea behind the slide is that the player is giving himself up, surrendering and thus ending the play. Once a QB slides, he should no longer be allowed to advance the ball.
Russell Wilson caught a TD pass yesterday too. If teams want to put QBs in these roles, they need to be ready for them to get hit.
Exactly!