View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 am



Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Next two weeks will define the season 
Author Message
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 183
Post Next two weeks will define the season
Despite all the setbacks this team still controls it's own destiny. The Arizona game is a must win because they are one of the teams competing for the wildcard spot and they MUST stop this losing streak. The following week versus the Lions will be for first place in the division most likely. It's time to see whether this team can right the ship. :smilevike:

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:51 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 975
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Agree.....lets see what this team is made of. My personal opinion is somewhere between before and after the bye week. The defense has certainly been perplexing. For 5 games they looked like world beaters but last 4 games they looked average or a bit better. Missed tackles, poor coverage, bad play calling....just don't know what the hell happened.


Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:04 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2228
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Detroit is the real must-win. I see what you're saying about the WC, but if they can win out in the division and get another win somewhere else, the division should be a lock.There's too many other teams and variables involved with hedging for a WC. The division is their best hope, I believe.


Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:33 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Crazy that the Packers, Lions, and Vikings all control their own destiny at this point in the season.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:49 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........


Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:18 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 am
Posts: 79
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Every week will be extremely important from here on out as long as the division race stays close. All 3 division contenders have somewhat tough schedules the rest of the way. The head to head games are most likely going to decide the division, and it is likely only one NFC North team will be in the playoffs. I think the Lions are best set up to win the division based on current record and upcoming schedule.


Vikes remaining schedule - Cardinals, @Lions, Cowboys, @Jaguars, Colts, @Packers, Bears

Lions remaining schedule - Jaguars, Vikings, @Saints, Bears, @Giants, @Cowboys, Packers

Packers remaining schedule - @Redskins, @Eagles, Texans, Seahawks, @Bears, Vikings, @Lions

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk


Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........


Idk why you are so quick to give up, struggling teams getting hot at the right time and winning the SB isnt an unprecedented scenario.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:09 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm
Posts: 816
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Jordysghost wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:
The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........


Idk why you are so quick to give up, struggling teams getting hot at the right time and winning the SB isnt an unprecedented scenario.


That's what he does jordy :)


Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2228
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Norv Zimmer wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:
The writing is on the wall, my friends.......any purely lucky trip to the post season, however unlikely, will quickly end in the first round when we get put down like an old sick dog. The only reason we are even thinking post-season is because our division is suddenly a joke. After 40 plus years of post season failure, doing that one more time means nothing. Either Ownership kicks #### and demands excellence or we just continue to spin our wheels in our shiny new stadium........


Idk why you are so quick to give up, struggling teams getting hot at the right time and winning the SB isnt an unprecedented scenario.


That's what he does jordy :)


Truth.


Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:30 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.


Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:19 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.



I can think of 3 fanbases in the last 7 years that said exactly the same thing and went on to win the SB.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:21 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
Posts: 183
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.


Sadly I agree with you. This line was imo average at best before the plethora of injuries. I can't see them holding up well enough to block playoff caliber pass rushing defenses. The run blocking has been awful no matter who has played on the line. I'd still like to see them win the division though :ripple:

_________________
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.


Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:46 am
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2799
Location: Missouri
Post Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was badand now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.
Should we tell him, guys?

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:43 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
DK Sweets wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:
If you have watched the games this year, you cannot have ANY delusions that this sad collection on the Offense is going to "catch fire" and defeat the really good teams in the post season. I mean, lets get real. Its a sub par collection all across the OL, the kicker was bad and now will be replaced by an unemployed guy off the street, etc......The Pats or Cowboys would be giggling with joy to face us in a Super Bowl.

Should we tell him, guys?


:lol:

That's the kind of mistake we all tend to make when typing angry. :)


Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:09 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?


Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?


Walsh has played nothing short of awful since the end of last year.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6333
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
chicagopurple wrote:
yeah yeah....I get it

Can anyone explain to me how replacing Walsh, due to his missed extra points with an unemployed kicker who has just gone 10 of 15 on extra points is an "upgrade"?

Because he wasn't 10-of-15 on extra points.

He was 10-of-15 on FIELD GOALS in 2015. He was 33-of-34 on extra points. He's only missed 3 extra points in his entire career, so you need to check your source.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:10 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Vikings: Seven games left and fresh out of scapegoats


Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:45 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 10040
Location: Burbank, California
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Mothman wrote:
This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Vikings: Seven games left and fresh out of scapegoats


Can't say I disagree with the article. The following is glum but I think true:

Quote:
The Vikings’ offensive line, for instance, is so thin and ineffective that it’s almost unreasonable to believe they will win again this season. What self-respecting NFL coach, given a week to prepare, can’t exploit a terrible offensive line? Even the Bears figured it out.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:47 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
losperros wrote:
Mothman wrote:
This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Vikings: Seven games left and fresh out of scapegoats


Can't say I disagree with the article. The following is glum but I think true:

Quote:
The Vikings’ offensive line, for instance, is so thin and ineffective that it’s almost unreasonable to believe they will win again this season. What self-respecting NFL coach, given a week to prepare, can’t exploit a terrible offensive line? Even the Bears figured it out.


I think so too, although I do expect them to win again this season. I just think that line is going to make it a real struggle every week.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:01 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 975
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Mothman wrote:

I think so too, although I do expect them to win again this season. I just think that line is going to make it a real struggle every week.


I think we will too but will be a result of + turnovers or STs TD something of that nature.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Mothman wrote:
This thread seems like a decent place to drop a link to this Pioneer Press article:

Vikings: Seven games left and fresh out of scapegoats



Good article, I like the analogy of Walsh's errant FG in the Seahawks game as a spouse who has been unfaithful. As Steinbeck once quipped (after his buddy Joseph Campbell slept with his wife) trust takes a lifetime to construct and one moment to lose forever. We no longer could trust Blair! And I don't think he even trusted himself.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:58 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 10040
Location: Burbank, California
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
autobon7 wrote:
Mothman wrote:

I think so too, although I do expect them to win again this season. I just think that line is going to make it a real struggle every week.


I think we will too but will be a result of + turnovers or STs TD something of that nature.


Yeah, I agree. Maybe a defensive TD as well. But it will be because other units besides the offense managed to score.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:33 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1539
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/


Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:51 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:32 pm
Posts: 130
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
halfgiz wrote:
Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/


Great artical


Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:33 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
halfgiz wrote:
Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/


i definitely noticed the offense is moving the ball much better in general. they are struggling on 3rd down and redzone lately


Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:37 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 73
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Nunin wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/


i definitely noticed the offense is moving the ball much better in general. they are struggling on 3rd down and redzone lately


It is a good article. They definitely look better. They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially. If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.


Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:19 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 10040
Location: Burbank, California
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Alaskan wrote:
They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially.


I couldn't agree more about Patterson. I'd also like to see Thielen involved in the same way. I think the jury is still out on Treadwell at this point.

Alaskan wrote:
If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.


I've been wondering how much having Peterson back at RB would really help the Vikings. If he isn't one hundred percent, then AP might not be much better than what the Vikings are using at RB now and opposing defenses will figure it out. That's especially true if the OL doesn't improve at all. They can make any RB look bad.


Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:05 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
losperros wrote:
I've been wondering how much having Peterson back at RB would really help the Vikings. If he isn't one hundred percent, then AP might not be much better than what the Vikings are using at RB now and opposing defenses will figure it out. That's especially true if the OL doesn't improve at all. They can make any RB look bad.


If he's healthy enough, his presence might at least help their play action passing game. He's a threat defenses definitely have to take seriously.


Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:41 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Next two weeks will define the season
Alaskan wrote:
Nunin wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
Statistics Show Big Change for Vikings Under Pat Shurmur

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2016/ ... t-shurmur/


i definitely noticed the offense is moving the ball much better in general. they are struggling on 3rd down and redzone lately


It is a good article. They definitely look better. They are using Patterson a bit better, but I would really like to see he and Treadwell get much more involved on 3rd down and in the red zone especially. If AP returns, even with the horrible O line, just because of the attention he draws from defenses....I see there red zone production improving dramatically. They are just far to 1 dimensional right now.


Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:32 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 9man, Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.