QB Sneak

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: QB Sneak

Post by Texas Vike »

soflavike wrote:Maybe line up Cordarrelle Patterson under center for a QB sneak... Bradford has chicken legs.

1. I think Patterson is still being underutilized by our coaching staff, and that is especially true in the red zone (or "Bright Red Zone," within five yards, where we struggle royally). Yesterday they threw a bubble screen to Rudy when they were at the 2. That's a ball that needs to go to Patterson, IMO. Alternatively, I'd be good with that ball going to Thielen or even Treadwell. He's supposedly a beast in YAC; let's see it!

2. Another alternative play to running into our inept line is the sweep we ran some weeks ago with Thielen.

3. On the game winning TD we rolled Sam out and he hit a wide open Rudy in the flat. Great play that used some deception. We'd been running up the gut all day, so JAX thought we would continue that. Also, there was 2:21 or so on the clock. A run play would have let us get down to the 2 minute warning, which appeared to be our primary goal on that drive previous to this more aggressive play. One of the only smart play calls in the red zone all day, IMO.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: QB Sneak

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

QB sneak is more about lower body str. Get low fast and just keep pushing. But as soon as anyone is back there other then QB, the D will know something is up. And we arent masters of the sneak. Dead last over the past 10 years i bet.