View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 QB Sneak 
Starter

Post QB Sneak
Is it me, or does it seem like the Vikings do not have a QB sneak play in their playbooks.
3rd and Inches, most teams line up and run a QB sneak to pick up the yards. Brady is one of the best at picking up 2 and 3 yards. During the last game, the announcers pointed out that the alleys for the sneak were there. Instead we turn around and get stuff, time and time again. I don't think Sam's injury history is a reason for this either. It just makes no sense to me that we don't take this easy play.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:56 am
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: QB Sneak
He is not a running QB and we cant afford the injury.... well he will ikely be killed soon anyways given our non-existent OL....

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm
Starter

chicagopurple wrote:
He is not a running QB and we cant afford the injury.... well he will ikely be killed soon anyways given our non-existent OL....

Brady is a running QB?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxx_u67eUSA

BRADY THE GREAT RUNNING QB

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:47 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

But to have a successful QB sneak your line has to get some push..... OURS CAN'T!

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Starter

Norv Zimmer wrote:
But to have a successful QB sneak your line has to get some push..... OURS CAN'T!

We have proven not to be successful at handing it off. How about we try the damn sneak.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

It really pissed me off yesterday when we were succesful with short passes. Then comes 3rd and 1 at midfield and they run asiata up the middle for a loss.

WHY GO AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING???????? :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:03 pm
Starter

Norv Zimmer wrote:
It really pissed me off yesterday when we were succesful with short passes. Then comes 3rd and 1 at midfield and they run asiata up the middle for a loss.

WHY GO AWAY FROM WHAT IS WORKING???????? :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

How many games have we lost this season because of this? I count at least 2

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:24 pm
Fenrir

YikesVikes wrote:
Is it me, or does it seem like the Vikings do not have a QB sneak play in their playbooks.
3rd and Inches, most teams line up and run a QB sneak to pick up the yards. Brady is one of the best at picking up 2 and 3 yards. During the last game, the announcers pointed out that the alleys for the sneak were there. Instead we turn around and get stuff, time and time again. I don't think Sam's injury history is a reason for this either. It just makes no sense to me that we don't take this easy play.

The funny thing is if you watch the play after he points out the "bubble" that gap gets absolutely wrecked by the DT.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:26 pm
Starter

S197 wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

The funny thing is if you watch the play after he points out the "bubble" that gap gets absolutely wrecked by the DT.

The great thing about the QB sneak is you don't have to sustain the block. Simply get a helmet on your guy and fall. The QB does the rest. It took us 3 tries from the 1 yard line to score. Handing off doesn't work. Do something else.
:soap

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:33 pm
Career Elite Player

Norv Zimmer wrote:

Bingo.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 pm
Starter

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:

Bingo.

So ask them to push and sustain it.
:appl:

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:18 pm
Career Elite Player

YikesVikes wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:

Bingo.

So ask them to push and sustain it.
:appl:

Asking is one thing, the return, another. Those guys up front just suck.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:49 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I really don't think of Asiata being a power back. And Hillman & Mckinion aren't either.
We need a big pounding back that is going to move the pile. Then hopefully we will get our 3rd and inches.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:44 pm
All Pro Elite Player

NO back can succeed without an OL, sorry but the team is doomed to failure until Spielman does his damn job and drafts 4-5 passable NFL Offensive Lineman....Nothing will be good till then.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:17 pm
Hall of Famer

The whole play calling still really was sub par. You go away from whats working, before the other team team stops it?

Bradford is the slowest, most immobile QB I have ever seen. Its why he is a turnover machine. He can throw a nice ball, has just enough arm strgth, but he can move and throw. He looks like he is 50 years old when he tries. Otherwise he's pretty good. Needs to rethink a few passes but hes good enough to win games, a lot of game if we had an Oline and he was mobile.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
The whole play calling still really was sub par. You go away from whats working, before the other team team stops it?

Bradford is the slowest, most immobile QB I have ever seen. Its why he is a turnover machine. He can throw a nice ball, has just enough arm strgth, but he can move and throw. He looks like he is 50 years old when he tries. Otherwise he's pretty good. Needs to rethink a few passes but hes good enough to win games, a lot of game if we had an Oline and he was mobile.

How is he a turnover machine?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:25 pm
Veteran

Norv Zimmer wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

How is he a turnover machine?

Turnover machine?! Wow, tough crowd.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:38 am
Fenrir

Maybe they can try a sneak with McKinnon. Line him up in the wildcat then run under center and snap it. He's not a power back but he's going to be better than Bradford and has experience taking snaps under center.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 pm
Career Elite Player

I still don't see why they don't line up Patterson in the backfield for short yardage. He's scrappy as heck and always fights for the tough yards. Not to mention that at the goal line he can jump over the pile, if need be. Asiata ain't doing that.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:12 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Why can't we get any push? Is it problems with Berger or Fusco?

Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:44 pm
Career Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:

John Lynch doesn't think they get low enough.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

chicagopurple wrote:

He doesnt need to be a running QB to do a sneak. Plenty on non-running QBs do them all the time

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:47 pm
Backup

S197 wrote:
Maybe they can try a sneak with McKinnon. Line him up in the wildcat then run under center and snap it. He's not a power back but he's going to be better than Bradford and has experience taking snaps under center.

THIS! It gives an extra blocker, and minimizes ball handling. C'mon man!!!!!

Put CP back there, and a heavy body.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleKoolaid wrote:

Yeah turnover machine doesnt make much sense

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:04 am
Starter

5thWave wrote:
S197 wrote:

THIS! It gives an extra blocker, and minimizes ball handling. C'mon man!!!!!

Put CP back there, and a heavy body.

The issue would still persist. It is not making the initial block but sustaining them. That's the biggest issue. By the time CP or JK gets to the line, he will be blown up. The QB sneak works great because it is an instant play; snap and you are directly moving forward.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:06 am
All Pro Elite Player

all these desperate wishes are just absurd...none of your suggested plays above will mean anything without blocking. Its all just futility.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 am
Commissioner

PacificNorseWest wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

John Lynch doesn't think they get low enough.

There could be something to that. I see technique issues on the offensive line, including their irritating inability to get off the snap quickly.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:33 am
Defensive Tackle

losperros wrote:
There could be something to that. I see technique issues on the offensive line, including their irritating inability to get off the snap quickly.

Sparano's OL has been a disaster. I don't know how much of that is on him but even taking their talent deficiencies into consideration, the line appears to have taken a serious step backward since the firing of Davidson.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am
Site Admin

Mothman wrote:
losperros wrote:

Sparano's OL has been a disaster. I don't know how much of that is on him but even taking their talent deficiencies into consideration, the line appears to have taken a serious step backward since the firing of Davidson.

You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. I think it's unquestionable that Davidson had more talent to work with than Sparano does. Specifically with the injuries he's had to deal with.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next