Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
TSonn
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by TSonn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:26 pm

So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

How should I destroy the jersey?
0 x

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3542
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by fiestavike » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm

TSonn wrote:So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

How should I destroy the jersey?
An NFL QB cannot consistently win if he CANNOT make a play when the play breaks down. Bradford has the mobility of Manning and the Pocket presence of Ponder. He's utterly worthless when things break down. These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.

There's a reason the rest of the NFL moved on from considering Bradford a franchise QB, and that's because he isn't one and never will be.
0 x

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by Jordysghost » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

fiestavike wrote: An NFL QB cannot consistently win if he CANNOT make a play when the play breaks down. Bradford has the mobility of Manning and the Pocket presence of Ponder. He's utterly worthless when things break down. These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.

There's a reason the rest of the NFL moved on from considering Bradford a franchise QB, and that's because he isn't one and never will be.
Bridgewater has literally never produced like Bradford is, nor come even close.
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1298
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:06 pm
Location: New Hope, MN
Contact:

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by akvikingsfan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:37 pm

TSonn wrote:So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

How should I destroy the jersey?
My favorite method of destruction is fire. I say burn it and upload a video for all of us to enjoy.
0 x

User avatar
TSonn
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1802
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by TSonn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Just to be clear - I'm not blaming the losing streak on Bradford at all. In fact, I think he's a bright spot for us.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11367
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by S197 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Use it as a blindfold
0 x

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by mosscarter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:50 pm

games teddy would be winning? that is the funniest thing i've read all year. one major difference is this: back when peterson was suspended we actually were able to muster a decent running attack. this season we have none.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5371
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:52 pm

fiestavike wrote:These are games Teddy would be winning for the Vikings.
I disagree. Teddy was the king of holding onto the ball too long so I'm not sure how you think this statement could be true
0 x
Image

User avatar
w_huisman
Transition Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by w_huisman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:10 am

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I'm not sure there's anymore to the sentiment for Teddy than that.

Maybe with a little "the grass is always greener..." sprinkled on top.
0 x

User avatar
Grashopa
Franchise Player
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by Grashopa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:51 am

I am having a similar issue, the morning of the first loss i found that my Peterson jersey had a rip in it... we have been losing ever since, I haven't replaced or repaired the jersey yet (have just been wearing vikings T-shirts on game day)... not sure what to do.
0 x
Formerly AADPFan

YikesVikes
Franchise Player
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by YikesVikes » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 pm

I hate when people say Teddy held the ball too long. Could it possible be because no one could get open? Sometimes you can't just throw it away on 3rd down because you need that drive. It's not like our Oline was giving him adequate production either. Also, I wager his mobility gave us more positive plays than negative ones. Give Teddy a break. We would have one some of these games with Teddy.
0 x

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by Jordysghost » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:51 pm

YikesVikes wrote:I hate when people say Teddy held the ball too long. Could it possible be because no one could get open? Sometimes you can't just throw it away on 3rd down because you need that drive. It's not like our Oline was giving him adequate production either. Also, I wager his mobility gave us more positive plays than negative ones. Give Teddy a break. We would have one some of these games with Teddy.
If Bradford didnt get it done, i highly doubt Teddy would have.
0 x
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2452
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by PacificNorseWest » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:01 pm

TSonn wrote:So I bought a Bradford jersey from China minutes before the GB game mostly as a joke. Well, the jersey was in route during our entire winning streak and I finally received my Bradford jersey in the mail during the bye week. I absolutely blame this skid on my jersey and have texts to prove it where I tell my buddy that I was convinced we would go on a losing streak once I got finally got it. Since it was from China it didn't cost much money and I'm ready for a sacrifice.

How should I destroy the jersey?
Send it back to China and let them know your order was supposed to be Matt Stafford not Sam Bradford. Send the bad juju to Detroit. If you burn it, then it might be the cause of an injury to Sam.
0 x

User avatar
UKno1VIKING
Veteran
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 pm
Location: Bradford, UK

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by UKno1VIKING » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:42 am

I too have a feeling my shirt swap is causing our downfall.
i started the season wearing my Patterson jersey. Then for some reason after the bye, i went to my Moss shirt.
funnily enough, Patterson has been better since i took his shirt off as well. :steamed:
0 x

User avatar
Grashopa
Franchise Player
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Bradford Jersey Sacrifice

Post by Grashopa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Grashopa wrote:I am having a similar issue, the morning of the first loss i found that my Peterson jersey had a rip in it... we have been losing ever since, I haven't replaced or repaired the jersey yet (have just been wearing vikings T-shirts on game day)... not sure what to do.

Is it proper to quote myself?

Yesterday the wiff and I got invited to the Dallas game, I cannot afford a new Jersey and I don't have time to get a counterfeit, So this week i am putting the ripped Peterson Jersey back on, whether its cursed or not, have to start charging it up for the Dallas game!
0 x
Formerly AADPFan

Post Reply