Norvanilla

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Norvanilla

Post by purplehaze »

Sucks. That is all.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Norvanilla

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Terrible. Norv and Sparano should be ashamed of themselves. What a garbage game, nobody blocked the whole game. Defense couldn't defend the running backs both in the run game and screens killed us. Can't put much on the defense when they are on the field all game due to the offense not being able to pick up a damn first down.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Sparano should be fired. That's the worst excuse for an NFL offensive line I've ever seen.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

soflavike wrote:Sparano should be fired. That's the worst excuse for an NFL offensive line I've ever seen.
Jeff Davidson is smiling...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The thing that really burnt me was, even down 20-3 against a bad football team, there was no sense of urgency from Turner as the Vikings essentially waived the white flag by continuing to huddle and eating up clock. :steamed:
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

halfgiz wrote:The thing that really burnt me was, even down 20-3 against a bad football team, there was no sense of urgency from Turner as the Vikings essentially waived the white flag by continuing to huddle and eating up clock. :steamed:
This......times 1000......I was fuming. Absolutely no excuse...zero......for such a pathetic display. Even the week before (against Philly) the announcers were commenting about why they were throwing for 3 yard passes when we were behind late in the game. Very irritating.......Norv needs to go and a shift in the offensive philosophy needs to happen asap.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Terrible. Norv and Sparano should be ashamed of themselves.
soflavike wrote:Sparano should be fired.
halfgiz wrote:The thing that really burnt me was, even down 20-3 against a bad football team, there was no sense of urgency from Turner as the Vikings essentially waived the white flag by continuing to huddle and eating up clock. :steamed:

I'm seeing lots of anger toward Sparano and Turner but the problem doesn't start with them. It starts with Zimmer and Spielman. Jeff Davidson's contract wasn't renewed because, as Zimmer tersely explained, he "didn't want to" renew it and Sparano's line has looked like a downgrade from the start. It's Spielman who has allowed the OL to fall into a shambles and as the head coach and a primary decision maker, Zimmer's complicit in the offensive problems.

Under Zimmer, the Vikings have exchanged one set of issues for another. The Vikings have gone from stinking on defense to stinking on offense. Once again, they have a very unbalanced team, which has basically been the team's story for most of the past 30 years.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

you folks are delusional....
No Coach can take a non-NFL quality player and teach him a few tricks to make him talented. NOrv/Zim/Soprano have been handed a big mound of marshmallows and were told to make a OL out of it. It just isn't going to happen. Belichek could do crap with the obscene excuse for an OL we have. The QB is getting 1 second of drop back time before the entire Defense is in the back field. the OL is so bad they cant even run a straight ahead run play blocking scheme. Do you really think that Norv just needs to create more trick plays, then we will do better? These guys would trip over themselves trying anything creative. The coaches didn't ask for these abominable players, Spielman created this impossible situation. Its is pure fantasy to think the answer here is a coaching change. Wake up.....
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings offense: Last 20 possessions, stretching over 3 games: 1 touchdown.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

When can AP come back? This offense really needs him, anyone who says differently IMO is flat wrong.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

AP carried the ball for 31 times for 50 yards before he got hurt. 1.6 average. Not sure he would be much help. Norvanilla keeps running up the middle its all he's got.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

purplehaze wrote:AP carried the ball for 31 times for 50 yards before he got hurt. 1.6 average. Not sure he would be much help. Norvanilla keeps running up the middle its all he's got.
At least they gain 2-3 yards running up the gut. Most of the other plays are incompletes, strip sacks, sacks, and "fancy runs" for losses.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: At least they gain 2-3 yards running up the gut. Most of the other plays are incompletes, strip sacks, sacks, and "fancy runs" for losses.

Oooh... fancy runs!

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

OH, in case you forget, AP is mentally incapable of pass blocking ....so, he would be coming out on every pass play and thereby advertising every passing down we have.....when he IS in the entire D knows its a run and will decimate our Girl Scouts on the OL......
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

chicagopurple wrote:OH, in case you forget, AP is mentally incapable of pass blocking ....so, he would be coming out on every pass play and thereby advertising every passing down we have.....when he IS in the entire D knows its a run and will decimate our Girl Scouts on the OL......
:roll: