what a disaster

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

what a disaster

Post by mosscarter »

this is the worst offensive line performance i've every seen, followed by the second worst which was last week. if they don't do something as far as a trade goes, so long to this season. nobody can possibly perform behind this line. this offense is a pee-wee level offense and are downright sickening to watch. the problem is; we'll have to give up a ton in order to get a lineman, so it appears to me we are stuck in a lose lose situation. long and clemmings shouldn't even be in the nfl period--let alone both starting.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: what a diseaster

Post by FullWood »

It's all about chemistry and a little bit of talent. I don't think a trade will help. Then again it could help. Time will tell.
AlldayPotter
Backup

Re: what a disaster

Post by AlldayPotter »

Trade ain't gonna help us, it's our entire offensive line , 1 guy isn't gonna help. It's coaching that will help. Plus Boone is out and god knows how bad it is.....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

How can a trade not help???? And what chemistry?? This line has no chemistry. You're going to tell me that if we get Thomas or Staley or some kid off a high school team it won't be better than what we have??? This team is doomed if we don't make some kind of move for a tackle. Literally doomed. Clemmings is embarrassing. There is literally NOBODY on this roster than can help either tackle spot. So somebody please come up with a better solution. Ill tell you right now there isn't one.

We have nobody leaving on defense next year. We need line and a RB. I can live with what we have if there if blocking up front. Even though Asiata has no right being on an NFL roster. What kind of lineman are you gonna get to the mid to late second round that can come in and start at RT or LT. Not a whole lot. Trade our second and a player and get a damn offensive tackle. I'd be pounding my fist on the table if I was Zim because this team is going nowhere with these tackles
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

AlldayPotter wrote:Trade ain't gonna help us, it's our entire offensive line , 1 guy isn't gonna help. It's coaching that will help. Plus Boone is out and god knows how bad it is.....
And it has nothing to do with coaching. Sporano is one of the better OL coaches in the league but when all you have is two OTs that are backups and are horrendous, you need to do something. Do you think Jake Long and Clemmings can go the rest of the year if we had a "good OL coach". Albert Einstein couldn't coach these guys.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's unbelievable. We are truly in trouble. We start 5-0, and I really feel we're in danger of not making the playoffs, despite leading the division. Does anybody honestly believe we could beat Green Bay right now?

This was an even worse performance than last week. At least last week, we were playing against a good team. The Bears are not a good team. Their offensive line is just as banged up as ours, but somehow they managed to keep Cutler upright. Their secondary stinks, but we couldn't expose them because our O-line couldn't stop four geezers on walkers from the old folks' home.

And the defense? What the heck just happened? One sack. No turnovers. Letting a rookie running back go wild on them -- 150 yards rushing.

The title of this thread is appropriate. "What a disaster."
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

The NFL is a game of matchups and right now any team that has a defensive line has a matchup advantage against us.
TriceStyle
Backup

Post by TriceStyle »

Unfortunately the tackles are such a liability I don't even know what getting Joe would do as the RT spot is even WORSE than the LT spot. I saw Clemmings get destroyed basically every play.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

mosscarter wrote:this is the worst offensive line performance i've every seen, followed by the second worst which was last week. if they don't do something as far as a trade goes, so long to this season. nobody can possibly perform behind this line. this offense is a pee-wee level offense and are downright sickening to watch. the problem is; we'll have to give up a ton in order to get a lineman, so it appears to me we are stuck in a lose lose situation. long and clemmings shouldn't even be in the nfl period--let alone both starting.
Who you going to blame everything on now that Teddy is no no long playing?
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i think bradford has proved he can make throws teddy could never make. he made one on 4th down near the end of the game. it doesn't matter who is the quarterback. this line is worse than the line we fielded the last two years. we have a receiver that we drafted in the first round sitting the bench, an offensive game plan i could draw up in my basement prior to the game, and you are talking about bridgewater? the team won 5 convincing games without him. don't worry though, if you have it your way we'll have bridgewater dinking and dunking this time next year like a professional. give bradford a real offensive line and he would throw for 25/30 td's.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: And it has nothing to do with coaching. Sporano is one of the better OL coaches in the league but when all you have is two OTs that are backups and are horrendous, you need to do something. Do you think Jake Long and Clemmings can go the rest of the year if we had a "good OL coach". Albert Einstein couldn't coach these guys.
It has everything to do with coaching. Anyone can coach HOF talent to victory. Its the coaches job to get results with what they have, and they couldn't be doing worse with what they have. Norv Turner has had 3 years to improve the offense and he has only made it worse, then worse again, then a completely inept disaster. Zimmer needs to wake up and get his pinnk slips, because this is on him too.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Purple Martin wrote: It has everything to do with coaching. Anyone can coach HOF talent to victory. Its the coaches job to get results with what they have, and they couldn't be doing worse with what they have. Norv Turner has had 3 years to improve the offense and he has only made it worse, then worse again, then a completely inept disaster. Zimmer needs to wake up and get his pinnk slips, because this is on him too.
I'm talking from Sporano's point of view. It's not his fault the line is this bad. I'm beyond frustrated with Zimmer and Turner right now believe me. And I'm about to be beyond frustrated with Spielman after we dont make any kind of trade when 4pm ET hits.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

The time to address this OL was over the past.........oh 5-7 offseasons not in a panic move to mortgage even more of our future in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage this season.

One trade isn't fixing anything, it needs a total overhaul

Season over, folks. Suck it up and start working on a coherent plan to at least begin to address this total debacle of an OL in the offseason

Normally this time of year I can at least start looking forward to the Vikings draft position if they are....say...5-11. Oh well.....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingPaul73 wrote:The time to address this OL was over the past.........oh 5-7 offseasons not in a panic move to mortgage even more of our future in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage this season.

It sure looks that way and they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Season over, folks. Suck it up and start working on a coherent plan to at least begin to address this total debacle of an OL in the offseason

Normally this time of year I can at least start looking forward to the Vikings draft position if they are....say...5-11. Oh well.....
Start scouting the second round! ;)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote:The time to address this OL was over the past.........oh 5-7 offseasons not in a panic move to mortgage even more of our future in a Hail Mary attempt to salvage this season.

Completely disagree. You dont "mortgage the future" by making a trade for Staley or Thomas. Our defense has so much depth that half of our backups could be starting on other teams and we lose next to nobody going into next year. Outside of Greenway which might be a good thing. The offense is clearly the problem. Mainly OL and RB. Both Thomas and Staley have around 3 years left on their contract. So how would that not help??? They are two of the best LTs in the game. Give up a 2nd and Wright or whoever else. Come next year that gives us at least one solid tackle and we can focus on finding a RT.

BOTH of the bums that are injured (Kalil and Smith) hit free agency next year. So what's your plan pal?? Do you think you're going to land a pro bowl LT in the 2nd round?? And the same in the 3rd?? The free agent tackle class isn't ever very strong. We have NO FIRST so we are out of the running from getting a top LT. No matter how good or bad this season finishes. We were at the point last year where we were drafting for depth pretty much with Treadwell and Alexander. It's not like the 2012 Vikings that had 8,000 holes. We have next to no holes on defense. Most OT's that are drafted from the 2nd round on need time to develop.

SO SOMEBODY THAT THINKS A TRADE FOR THOMAS OR STALEY DOES NOTHING FOR THIS TEAM, PLEASE......PLEASE, COME AT ME WITH A BETTER PLAN.
-Chazz Palminteri