what a disaster

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: what a disaster

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I'm not getting into this again with you but Mike Harris is a pretty solid starter. I would say average to slightly above average. His PFF grade last year was 77.8 and was the 22nd best guard in the NFL last year according to PFF. That's above average. Whether you like PFF or not, he doesn't get driven back like Fusco does, doesn't give up nearly as much pressure and gets to the second level in the run game. Fuscos rating this year is 51 and was 61 last year. Harris is much better. Plain and simple, Mike Harris is a better RG than Fusco. He's a solid starter. The proof is in the pudding. I've said this for over a year now
I thought you said you weren't going to get into it! :)

Whether Harris was a solid starter or a backup level player last year is really a moot point now anyway. He can't play this year and he probably won't even be on the team next season so he's no longer a particularly relevant player in terms of discussing the o-line.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote: I thought you said you weren't going to get into it! :)

Whether Harris was a solid starter or a backup level player last year is really a moot point now anyway. He can't play this year and he probably won't even be on the team next season so he's no longer a particularly relevant player in terms of discussing the o-line.
Haha had to throw the stats out there. I mean the thing is, nobody seems to know what's wrong with him. If he's healthy next season I'm all for resigning him to a 1 year prove it deal.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Haha had to throw the stats out there. I mean the thing is, nobody seems to know what's wrong with him. If he's healthy next season I'm all for resigning him to a 1 year prove it deal.
I'd be fine with that and it would be nice to see him come back from whatever is ailing him.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

halfgiz wrote: TJ Clemmings has a PFF rating of 24.8. That would be the worst rating we have given a tackle in the past decade over a season.

Watching him play you can see why. He has no chance against the DE lined up across him. It was pathetic. He basically gets one slight push on the guy and then he is past him. Every single down. It is an embarrassment.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

mansquatch wrote:

Watching him play you can see why. He has no chance against the DE lined up across him. It was pathetic. He basically gets one slight push on the guy and then he is past him. Every single down. It is an embarrassment.

If T.J. struggled against the shear explosion and agility of an NFL defensive end it would be one thing. NFL DEs are some of the best athletes on the field. It would be understandable.

However, to not only struggle against the speed of the NFL defensive end, but to get MANHANDLED consistently by an NFL DE - as an offensive lineman? Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

T.J. needs to be benched indefinitely and cut after the season. He is in no way, shape, or form an NFL offensive lineman.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
If T.J. struggled against the shear explosion and agility of an NFL defensive end it would be one thing. NFL DEs are some of the best athletes on the field. It would be understandable.

However, to not only struggle against the speed of the NFL defensive end, but to get MANHANDLED consistently by an NFL DE - as an offensive lineman? Absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

T.J. needs to be benched indefinitely and cut after the season. He is in no way, shape, or form an NFL offensive lineman.

I agree, but the fact that the coaches think he's better than Sirles is scary. Someone refresh my memory: Are Kalil and Smith out for the entire season?
Holy balls we're in trouble. :steamed: