Andy Benoit: Vikings Have a Big Problem

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Andy Benoit: Vikings Have a Big Problem

Post by Mothman »

PsyDanny wrote:Bring the horror show TO the Bears.
That would make a for a happy Halloween.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

halfgiz wrote:
Anybody care to explain to me what's going on with the receivers?

Turner, that's whats going on
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I know i'm beating a dead horse but he's done this crap before. Gates and Tomlinson have both called him out on his nonsense. Rivers to a lesser extent.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Boon wrote:I know i'm beating a dead horse but he's done this crap before. Gates and Tomlinson have both called him out on his nonsense. Rivers to a lesser extent.
From what I can find, the only thing Tomlinson said was that if Marty Schottenheimer was fired after a 14-2 season, then Turner should be fired if he didn't make the playoffs for the third straight year (they didn't, and he was). In the NFL Network video (I believe) you're referencing, LT's biggest criticism was of A.J. Smith, the Chargers GM at the time. Are there other instances of LT calling out Norv?

I can't find anything Antonio Gates has said critical of Norv. Can you reference something specifically?

Look, I'm not a Norv apologist. Truth is, I don't know what to think. For somebody like Sam Bradford to come in here and play as well as he did in his first four games -- for the offense to do a complete 180 from where they were with AP on the field -- for the quick-passing game to have success (at least in Sam's first four starts) Norv deserves a lot of credit for that. But when you look at the overall picture after 2+ seasons -- an offense that continues to rank in the bottom of the league -- it's pretty tough to say Norv has been successful. You would think after this much time that the needle would AT LEAST be pointing up. It's not.

Yes, we've had a ton of injuries. Most of the O-line, Peterson, Teddy, Diggs, McKinnon -- it's been brutal. But just as a fan, I'm sorta tired of always sorting through the excuses. We have perhaps the best defense in the NFL. We have great special teams. In my opinion, the only thing that needs to happen for the Vikings to win almost any game they play, is for the offense to just show up. At some point, that side of the ball has to get better, or a change is needed.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

nothing will happen on offense until you have an OL.....there is nothing more you can critique. giving a qb or RB 1 second before the defense is in your backfield is simply NOT going to win any games. No QB, No RB, no OC can do anything with the OL that showed up last week.