View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Thoughts on the crapfest 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: Thoughts on the crapfest
VikingPaul73 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings lose next week.

Dude we're playing the bears who currently have Matt Barkley at QB. If we manage to lose that game, this franchise should fold

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:17 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

What are the chances that Hue Jackson gets fired in Cleveland and we hire him as an OC?? I would be all for that

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 pm
Hall of Famer

The good:
We are still 5-1 and a game ahead of Green Bay
The defense is still a damned good defense.
Asiata and Patterson played with heart and guts
Bradford walked off the field after the game without help.

The bad:
The whole stinkin' offensive line can't run block or pass protect. Horrible.
Bradford could not get comfortable (not his fault) and missed some throws
Sendejo got hurt... just when he was making me a believer.
We have no deep passing threat (no time in the pocket and no deep threat receiver).

The Ugly
Can't gain 1/2 yard on two consecutive running plays, with the game on the line
The refs non-call of the PI on Diggs (although they made up for it later, but still)
The ref interfering with Bradford snap calling a goal-line play to allow for Philly to make substitutions????
Long letting a lineman go by to his right, and a blitzing CB to his left, without touching either one. (led to forced fumble)
The normally sure-handed Sherels muffing a punt, with the game on the line.
Blair Walsh tackling worse than he kicks short field goals.
Charles Johnson's only contribution was getting owned on the Philly kickoff return for a TD

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:18 pm
Hall of Famer

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
VikingPaul73 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings lose next week.

Dude we're playing the bears who currently have Matt Barkley at QB. If we manage to lose that game, this franchise should fold

I hear Cutler's thumb is feeling better, but your point would still stand.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:20 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Can we trade AD for Joe Thomas straight up and make it work with our cap situation? Seems like the only way our OLine sees any improvement this season would be a move for someone like Joe Thomas.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:21 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

TSonn wrote:
Can we trade AD for Joe Thomas straight up and make it work with our cap situation? Seems like the only way our OLine sees any improvement this season would be a move for someone like Joe Thomas.

Well a banged up AP doesnt do much in a trade.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:26 pm
All Pro Elite Player

TSonn wrote:

Even an injured AD would be the most exciting thing that franchise has seen since 1964.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

TSonn wrote:

I'd give up a 2nd or Wright for him. Idk what his trade value is, but we don't have much time to fix this.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

TSonn wrote:
TSonn wrote:

Even an injured AD would be the most exciting thing that franchise has seen since 1964.

:lol:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:32 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
TSonn wrote:

I'd give up a 2nd or Wright for him. Idk what his trade value is, but we don't have much time to fix this.

I don't think they would give him up for Wright. Maybe a 2nd but thats tough not having a first or second round pick

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:33 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
TSonn wrote:

there is no cap left for Thomas.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I have a gut feeling that someone other than turner will be running the offense come monday

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:29 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the game day thread but I think the defense should go back to trying to pick up and run with fumbles. Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him. Not blaming the defense at all but that should have been a TD but the coaches clearly got on the D for unsuccessfully trying to run with fumbles from the GB game.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:03 pm
Commissioner

soflavike wrote:

The bad:
We have no deep passing threat (no time in the pocket and no deep threat receiver).

I agree with no time in the pocket but I think the Vikings have WRs that can get deep in Patterson, Thielen, Diggs and Wright. That's especially true for Patterson. I'm surprised the Vikings don't at least go medium deep to him.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 pm
All Pro Elite Player

This is what a team looks like with NO OL.....

It cannot work if the QB and RB have NO blocking. The game doesnt work that way.

WTF was Long doing in there with 1 days practice? Is our line truly so decrepit that HE was the best option?
Bradford will soon be on the DL.

IT was all very predictable that when we meet teams with a stout defensive line, we will get slapped around.....that wont change til the OL changes.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:19 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

there will be no offensive line change-at least not this year that is the point. we are stuck with we have, which is a bag of total dog sh*t. good luck on sam remaining healthy this line is beyond a joke. walsh will miss another 20 or 30 at most yd kick anyway with the game on the line. same as last year, one and done in the playoffs.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:50 pm
Starter

TSonn wrote:
Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the game day thread but I think the defense should go back to trying to pick up and run with fumbles. Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him. Not blaming the defense at all but that should have been a TD but the coaches clearly got on the D for unsuccessfully trying to run with fumbles from the GB game.

"Barr jumped on the ball and laid there for what seemed like 5 seconds before anyone touched him." Yup, I was thoroughly disappointed with that.

OL - There's been to many problems for too long. I personally can't see this getting fixed. At least not in the way they've tried.. We need a trade. And soon.

I figured a loss would happen at some point, and I figured it would bum me out but I'd take it in stride. But this? Losing like this? this really dampened things. Next week we should be able to take Chi, but we need to do so with great resolve - with the fierceness we've come to know. We need next week to bring SKOL back to the hights it was loving in, far above the pits it was dumped in today.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:09 am
Career Elite Player

Demi wrote:
Quote:
1. The offense missed the scrambling and play making ability of Bridgewater today.

Bridgewater would have been killed today. Unblocked rushers, blown blocks...
If we had Bridgewater from day 1, we'd likely have more than 1 loss.l
The QB position definitely wasn't the problem...

I don't see it that way. I think Bridgewater has the ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Yes, the Vikings may have had a worse record with him, but it's also possible they may be 6-0. You have to remember with Peterson out, BW would be playing out of shotgun. I agree, the QB wasn't the problem today but a more agile QB would have helped.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:57 am
All Pro Elite Player

I'm hoping that offensive blowup is out of our system.
Yesterday was a little bit of everybody on the offensive side of the ball having a part of the blowup.
Passes dropped, bad throws, turnovers, defensive rushers untouched and the offensive line was horrendous.
I'm glad Bradford is alive, I know he is not going to be able to take that kind of pounding.

One worry I do have is McKinnon hasn't really been completely healthy all season.
Do we start using Hillman more and let McKinnon get healthy, or do we start feeding the other teams some CJ Ham.

I'm interested to see how Kearse done yesterday. I heard Zimmer say he missed a few tackles, but it's good seeing him getting some playing time when Sendejo went down.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of patches/ fixes Zimmer comes up with.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:38 am
Starting Wide Receiver

I'm really concerned about Sendejo. He is really turning into a good player, it would really be bad if he got hurt. Is Kearse his backup? What about Harris?

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

808vikingsfan wrote:
Demi wrote:
Quote:
1. The offense missed the scrambling and play making ability of Bridgewater today.

Bridgewater would have been killed today. Unblocked rushers, blown blocks...
If we had Bridgewater from day 1, we'd likely have more than 1 loss.l
The QB position definitely wasn't the problem...

I don't see it that way. I think Bridgewater has the ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Yes, the Vikings may have had a worse record with him, but it's also possible they may be 6-0. You have to remember with Peterson out, BW would be playing out of shotgun. I agree, the QB wasn't the problem today but a more agile QB would have helped.

Maybe... but Bridgewater tended to hold the ball too long so the results may have been the same or worse. Despite his mobility and a low percentage of dropbacks (compared to the rest of the league), he took 83 sacks in his first 28 games.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:40 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

The best play of the game for the Vikings was the punt coverage play by CP84. Dude has really became a stud on the punt coverage game.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:48 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I'm really concerned about Sendejo. He is really turning into a good player, it would really be bad if he got hurt. Is Kearse his backup? What about Harris?

Yes, Kearse went in after Sendejo exited. I am excited to see Kearse play, sucks to lose Sendejo though...

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 am
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:

Kearse came in for him on Sunday. Sendejo has a sprained ankle. He'll have an MRI on it today:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/23/vi ... -have-mri/

Mckinnon hurt his ankle too. I'm not sure to what extent...

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 am
Veteran

Norv Zimmer wrote:
The best play of the game for the Vikings was the punt coverage play by CP84. Dude has really became a stud on the punt coverage game.

He's becoming a stud in every phase he's played in this season. He really looks like he's putting in the effort, and so far it shows.
Is it a contract year by any chance? :whistle:

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:59 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Boon wrote:
Lol zims presser. Think hes starting to get frustrated with turner from how he reacted to certain questions.

Maybe we will see Pat Shurmur sooner than we think.

I would welcome that change 100%

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

I listened to the game on the radio and my take away was they were playing flat. OL obviously isn't good enough to play flat. Even on defense they made more uncharacteristic mistakes than normal. Bradford was obviously rattled. I think the icing on the cake that shows how contagious such a tanking in a game can be is that Scherels muffed that punt. I can't recall him ever doing something like that in a game before. In many ways this game reminded me of the opener against SF last year where they played terrible. The Eagles are a better team than the 49ers, but we had early chances to take the lead and just didn't get it done. Overall the Defense

I was really surprised they put Long out there. Says a lot about their confidence in Clemmings and/or Sirles. He hasn't played a down all season and has maybe been in they system for a week. What a disaster. Not a shock he had guys run by him on both sides, not nearly the time in the system to understand the protections.

The OL issues aren't anything new. I think there is a 0% chance that Turner doesn't get it. The problem is the guys we have are not getting better. Zimmer's presser was all about that. "They have to find it in themselves to get better." They've got 8 days to get out the hole and make some strides, lets see if they do it.

Overall my take on this game was they didn't show up to work yesterday and they paid for it. Hopefully it is a wake up call.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:21 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:

I'm wondering where Harris is too.......I thought he looked kinda promising when he got a couple chances last year

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

UKno1VIKING wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:

He's becoming a stud in every phase he's played in this season. He really looks like he's putting in the effort, and so far it shows.
Is it a contract year by any chance? :whistle:

Yes it is, before the year started they decided not to pick up his option.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2671 ... taley-more

I can't see the Vikings giving up a 1st rounder for either Thomas or Staley. Would be interesting to have Staley next to boone though.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next