Upcoming game: Vikings vs. Bears

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Upcoming game: Vikings vs. Bears

Post by Mothman »

We've got an NFC North game coming up!

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson (who covers the Bears) posts about 6 Vikings players to watch in the upcoming game:

Can Bears finally break through in prime time against Vikings?
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Upcoming game: Vikings vs. Bears

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I think we rebound nicely.

27-7 Vikings
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

I watched the Eagles game at Chicago and I would would love to see Norv come out the same way. They had Wentz in the gun and he threw a bunch 98 for 8) of short, quick passes in the first series and took the ball right down the field vs Chicago.

To ME it would be the wrong philosophy to try to run it and end up in a lot of third and longs with this OL and with the offense still smarting from last week.

Come out fast, get up early and turn the dogs lose on Cutler.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Watch out for McPhee. That's all I'm saying.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

It worries me that any result here wouldn't surprise me. Being 5-1 against the worst team in the division (sorry Bears fans), i would of thought i'd of been more confident. But unfortunately our O-line's play last week is a real leveller.
If our O-line plays like that again, anyone (including the Bears) could beat us.
However, although i'm sure they won't be perfect, i think we will see an improvement. And enough to win.
The matchup's are interesting in places too. Rhodes Vs Jeffery especially. I love watching Rhodes Vs a top WR. As i've been touting him to whoever will listen as a top 3 CB. For me, there are only two i would say that are better right now. And he's young and getting better.
MNF and the Vikings worries me (Still cant get the Josh Freeman game out of my head), but i feel i'll be cheering at 5:30am our time, when the final whistle blows.
Vikings 24-10

BTW if the line holds up to a degree, i think this is the game where Bradford makes me a believer or not. He had a great start and rode the streak. Lets see how he goes now were back on planet earth. I'm still on the believe side of the fence, but i've still got splinters.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Interesting article.

The Vikings should come out smokin'! But will they?

I have faith in the defense.

OTOH, it's time for the OL to man up and show they aren't "soft." Either this unit can deliver or it can't.

The article talks about Diggs. I can understand that. But right now Patterson and Thielen are both bolstering the offense just as much as Diggs. That's not a bad thing because it means the Vikings now have three WRs who can make plays.

If Bradford returns to form (very important) and a determined OL shows up (even more important), the Vikings should show some badly needed offense. Of course, that's assuming Norv does his job and doesn't forget where the talent is on the team or call questionable plays in key moments.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Any Vikings fans here in Chicago? Anyone ever go to Redmond's Ale House to watch the games?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bears guard Kyle Long is listed doubtful to play Monday vs. the Vikings. Guard Josh Sitton is questionable.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

720pete wrote:Any Vikings fans here in Chicago? Anyone ever go to Redmond's Ale House to watch the games?
I live in Chicago but I haven't been to Redmond's to watch a Vikes game.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Cannot overlook this team even with their record, their injuries, and their lack of talent.

It is still Soldier Field - where we have only TWO victories at in ten years. It is against Jay Cutler - who always finds a way to do well against our defense at home. Finally, the Bears still have three very good pass rushers in Willie Young, Parnell McPhee, and Leonard Floyd. Our offensive tackles could easily struggle again.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Mark Craig addresses the idea that the Eagles provided a "blueprint" for beating the Vikings. He spoke with Norv Turner as well as Bears DC Vic Fangio and Bears head coach John Fox.

Can 1-6 Bears match Eagles' blueprint and beat Vikings?
Yep, Jim Schwartz, the defensive coordinator who spent a year and a half practicing against Bradford in Philadelphia, had all the answers. And he shared it with the rest of the class. Good night, Minnesota. Turn out the lights and drive home safely.

We ran this popular “blueprint” notion past a number of coaches and players the past week. It fell mostly incomplete or got stripped during the pitching process.

“No, I never have believed in that because every team is different,” offensive coordinator Norv Turner said. “You really have 16 one-game seasons in the NFL. You have one game. You handle it. Handle what that team does. Handle their personnel.
More at the link.