View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7 
Transition Player

Post Re: Viking @ Eagles Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 7
Bradford was with the Eagles last year it looks like the Eagles knew him very and i mean very well.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:18 pm
Hall of Famer

SP1966 wrote:
Look at those (low)hilights, there is a fracking party in Bradford's face on every last one of them.

Yeah, it was embarrassingly bad offensive line play. To be fair, the Eagles have a very good defense and can clearly rush the passer, but the number of times Sam's arm was getting hit on drop backs was unbelievable to be honest. The offensive linemen and backs were consistently beaten by rushers, and, as you note, it wasn't just to the outside, but up the middle as well. That is why not ony could the Vikings not pass the ball today, they also couldn't run it.

Not sure how Zimmer addresses this, but if the only way this team wins is to have the defense play lights-out every week while winning the turnover battle, it is going to be a long season.

Like I said before, I think this team still has a great chance to win the division and probably will, but that offensive line weakness is going to make it a short run in the playoffs.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:19 pm
Hall of Famer

FullWood wrote:
Bradford was with the Eagles last year it looks like the Eagles knew him very and i mean very well.

We had Wentz bottled up, too... and the Eagles didn't rush any better than the Vikings. The difference-maker ended up being special teams today. Both offenses were very weak.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:25 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
Like I said before, I think this team still has a great chance to win the division and probably will, but that offensive line weakness is going to make it a short run in the playoffs.

A competent OC/GM would fix that within 10 weeks. Do we have that? :confused:
If it is a short run in the playoffs, both positions should be looked at.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote:
Quote:

Where do you find decent Offensive Linemen at this point in the season?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:27 pm
Defensive Tackle

Who knew blocking was so important to offensive football? :evil:

Now that the bubble has burst, it will be interesting to see what direction this season goes for the Vikes. This was the eighth game of the Zimmer era in which the Vikes failed to score more than 10 points.

They get an extra day to prepare for a struggling Bears team, although they had an extra week to prepare for the Eagles...

Hopefully, the Vikes will bounce back with a win on Halloween. The Lions and Packers both won this week so the divisional race just got tighter.

That was an ugly football game.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:28 pm
Franchise Player

FullWood wrote:

It wouldn't matter if they'd never even heard of Bradford before, as often as their D got up close and personal they'd have known him better than his wife by the end of the game.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:30 pm
All Pro Elite Player

SP1966 wrote:
Angels Wings wrote:
team just looks awful today. As i've felt many times so far this season, the running game has got to get going if this teams wants to contend. I don't know if it means picking up one via free agency/ waivers, but a decent 3 down back is needed(and the pickings are slim), but it needs to be addressed nonetheless.

It would also be nice if the O-Line would block.

Without the second point none of the first makes #### for difference. The falls 100% on the lack of an O-line, nothing a different QB, RB, and WRs could do about it.

It was a team effort. But the offense was the biggest culprit...offense falls on Norv's shoulders.
We're 0-1 in the 2nd season. Should be some butt chewing this week.

We have no cap space.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Defensive Tackle

soflavike wrote:
Demi wrote:
Quote:

Where do you find decent Offensive Linemen at this point in the season?

It won't be easy and the Vikes have virtually no cap room remaining. I'm not sure there's much Turner or Spielman can do at this point. the proverbial bed has been made.

The OL needed to be addressed much more effectively in the offseason and over the last few years. That didn't happen and now it's a liability they have to try to work around week after week.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:32 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

halfgiz wrote:
SP1966 wrote:
Angels Wings wrote:
team just looks awful today. As i've felt many times so far this season, the running game has got to get going if this teams wants to contend. I don't know if it means picking up one via free agency/ waivers, but a decent 3 down back is needed(and the pickings are slim), but it needs to be addressed nonetheless.

It would also be nice if the O-Line would block.

Without the second point none of the first makes #### for difference. The falls 100% on the lack of an O-line, nothing a different QB, RB, and WRs could do about it.

It was a team effort. But the offense was the biggest culprit...offense falls on Norv's shoulders.
We're 0-1 in the 2nd season. Should be some butt chewing this week.

We have no cap space.

490,000 or so.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:34 pm
Defensive Tackle

halfgiz wrote:

It falls on Zimmer's first. He's the head coach.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:35 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
Who knew blocking was so important to offensive football? :evil:

Now that the bubble has burst, it will be interesting to see what direction this season goes for the Vikes. This was the eighth game of the Zimmer era in which the Vikes failed to score more than 10 points.

They get an extra day to prepare for a struggling Bears team, although they had an extra week to prepare for the Eagles...

Hopefully, the Vikes will bounce back with a win on Halloween. The Lions and Packers both won this week so the divisional race just got tighter.

That was an ugly football game.

I can't believe this came after a bye. Like I said, the offense lost this game more than Philly won it. Kudos to them for a good game, but if they get FGs out of those drives where they got nothing, it is a different ball game.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I can't believe this came after a bye.

I'm not that surprised. :( This was a matchup that potentially spelled trouble for them. The Eagles have a well-coached defense and the personnel to do just what they did today against the Vikes OL. We saw last year in the season opener that time to prepare doesn't necessarily put this team at an advantage.

Quote:
Like I said, the offense lost this game more than Philly won it.

Don't kid yourself. Philly won it. Their defense made the Vikes offense look bad.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:57 pm
Backup

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
Sam Bradford 24/41 224 1 1
Carson Wentz 16/28 138 1 2

I saw somewhere that Sam's QB rating was 79 for the game, while Wentz's was about 59. I think Wentz's would have been 19 behind the Minnesota line, lol. Long week now till Monday night game. Let's hope SOMETHING gels for the o-line. I'm sure these guys feel terrible.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Our offense was terrible. The o line was atrocious and once again I think the PLAYCALLING was garbage.

No Treadwell through 7 weeks, officially a bust IMO.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 pm
Hall of Famer

What a clown fiesta. Way too cautious in the playcalling but there was a pressure, hit of the arm or ball, crushing hit or sack on Bradford almost all the time. What do you do with the o-line? or when mckinnon is gone and you are on the road with third and fourth string running backs?

Just a shocking disappointment. This was on the level of the 49ers last year. The bright side is we went 12-4 last year. Lets just hope that the game will get whatever that pitiful game was out of their system in order to play a divisional game.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:05 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I'm not that surprised. :( This was a matchup that potentially spelled trouble for them. The Eagles have a well-coached defense and the personnel to do just what they did today against the Vikes OL. We saw last year in the season opener that time to prepare doesn't necessarily put this team at an advantage.

Quote:

Don't kid yourself. Philly won it. Their defense made the Vikes offense look bad.

If anything, I think the bye pumped the brakes on our momentum.

Today was simply one of those days. When Sendejo didn't get in and we failed to put it in from the 2, I was concerned. Things went downhill from there fast! I literally fell asleep at the end, but heard that Bradford got hit hard and looked woozy. Is he OK?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:05 pm
Defensive Tackle

Texas Vike wrote:
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Quote:

If anything, I think the bye pumped the brakes on our momentum.

Today was simply one of those days. When Sendejo didn't get in and we failed to put it in from the 2, I was concerned. Things went downhill from there fast! I literally fell asleep at the end, but heard that Bradford got hit hard and looked woozy. Is he OK?

I haven't heard but he seemed okay. He came down hard on his knee and was limping for a minute or so but he never came out of the game. Hopefully, he's fine.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
41m
Mike Zimmer says he is going to put his finger on the Vikings problems this week.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:18 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
41m
Mike Zimmer says he is going to put his finger on the Vikings problems this week.

Uh oh lol

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Well that was a relief. Now we can get back to Viking football.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

SP1966 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

you know nothing about football.

I know enough to see there is nothing to step up into, unless you want him to step up into a sack.

Exactly. Fiesta, you're not wrong that Bradford isn't great at moving around in the pocket to adjust to pressure, but that was obviously not the main problem today. The OL simply stunk and let pass rushers come from everywhere. We don't need all of the rude language about who knows more about football.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Mike Zimmer calls loss 'embarrassing' and Vikings offensive line 'soft' bit.ly/2eviAQ5

“It was embarrassing in at least two of the phases,” the head coach said, “and I’m very disappointed in the performance that we gave today. We turned the ball over offensively, we didn’t block people, we dropped balls, we got the quarterback hit, we [need] two inches and we can’t convert on third down or fourth down, we got three shots in the red zone in the first half, we throw an interception, we gave up a 98-yard kickoff return, we fumbled a punt. If you’re going to do those things, you have no chance to win.”

The biggest irritant to Zimmer was a Vikings offensive line that he said got “whipped” by the Eagles, who had six sacks and a dozen quarterback hits.

“We didn’t block anybody,” he said. “We were soft. We got overpowered.”

Zimmer said the Vikings have to fix their offensive line from within.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:42 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:

Zimmer said the Vikings have to fix their offensive line from within.

It's true, but they really have no choice. I was surpised Easton was out today, should have put him in rather than Long.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

Quote:
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson
Alex Boone challenges #Vikings teammates. "This (loss to Eagles) better light a fire under some people or you’re not in the right building."

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:10 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
Quote:
Alex Boone challenges #Vikings teammates. "This (loss to Eagles) better light a fire under some people or you’re not in the right building."

Does that include himself?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Quote:

Does that include himself?

His other comments suggest it does.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:18 pm
Hall of Famer

I had to miss the game, saw bits and pieces and heard a lot of it. Sounded like a good one to miss.
Rick sure put together a good Oline. Even the most least knowledgeable Vikings fan KNEW we needed a much better Oline right now.

We played so bad on the O and D side, im just going to pretend it didnt happen, and that we beat Chicago next week, before it a becomes a nightmare like our seasons usually end up as.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:24 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
[

Is there a link to his comments?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Mothman wrote:
[

Is there a link to his comments?

I just saw what Chris Tomasson quoted on Twitter at https://twitter.com/christomasson

They might have video of Boone's remarks on vikings.com. I haven't looked yet ...

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next