A golden Turkey for Thanksgiving....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

A golden Turkey for Thanksgiving....

Post by jackal »

lets look at the middle of our season ....Next 5 weeks(or so) 6 games

AT Eagles ... I think we win this game with a better defense and better coached team.

At Bears we beat them last year at their house with a Walsh FG for the first time. I honestly
like Hoyer and think he is much better than his record in NFL shows. In 2010 with Cleveland
the home opener he torched us bad. We can beat them but the team has to play very good ball
on all fronts.

Lions have not won a lot of games but can put up a lot of offense and will we need to beat on
Stafford to win IMO...

At Redskins... their defense is still not good but the also can put up 400 yards at times.
Defense should win us this game. Hopefully our run game is going by this game.

Cardinals are one the best teams in Football and should be our toughest games of the year.
I went to Arizona game last year and believe this might be the win that could get us to the Superbowl.
If we can be 10-0 or 9-1 at this point I think we could have an excellent shot at home field
through out the playoffs and win the division.

Detroit will fight us tough but we have pretty much owned them in recent years. This game
is a win and all but shuts down the Lions year. 11-0 10-1 if GB does not play better they should
be almost out of the race by December, even for a wild card.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: A golden Turkey for Thanksgiving....

Post by IrishViking »

jackal wrote:lets look at the middle of our season ....Next 5 weeks(or so) 6 games

AT Eagles ... I think we win this game with a better defense and better coached team.

At Bears we beat them last year at their house with a Walsh FG for the first time. I honestly
like Hoyer and think he is much better than his record in NFL shows. In 2010 with Cleveland
the home opener he torched us bad. We can beat them but the team has to play very good ball
on all fronts.

Lions have not won a lot of games but can put up a lot of offense and will we need to beat on
Stafford to win IMO...

At Redskins... their defense is still not good but the also can put up 400 yards at times.

Cardinals are one the best teams in Football and should be our toughest games of the year.
I went to Arizona game last year and believe this might be the win that could get us to the Superbowl.
If we can be 10-0 or 9-1 at this point I think we could have an excellent shot at home field

Detroit will fight us tough but we have pretty much owned them in recent years. This game
is a win and all but shuts down the Lions year. 11-0 10-1 if GB does not play better they should

I think this will be a fun stretch with our defense. Several higher octane offenses that struggle to defend. Strength against strength and ill take our defense in everyone of them
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

I'm more concerned about the teams with a physical RB. Cards, Bears mainly. David Johnson is the best back in the league and Jordan Howard is an up and comer. The defense's deficiency for stopping the run concerns me the most. Especially with big backs.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CbusVikesFan wrote:I'm more concerned about the teams with a physical RB. Cards, Bears mainly. David Johnson is the best back in the league and Jordan Howard is an up and comer. The defense's deficiency for stopping the run concerns me the most. Especially with big backs.
Deficiency for stopping the run?

We have the third-ranked run defense in the entire NFL.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

jackal wrote:lets look at the middle of our season ....Next 5 weeks(or so) 6 games

on all fronts.

Stafford to win IMO...

Defense is on a stretch of 9-10 games holding teas to 18 points or less. If that keeps up no one will beat this team, PERIOD.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Deficiency for stopping the run?

We have the third-ranked run defense in the entire NFL.
Yes, you are correct. Obviously I was reading the wrong stat line. Apologies.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Mmmm...turkey. This thread fills me with all kinds of warm. :pour: