View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 What's Wrong with Mike Harris? 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post What's Wrong with Mike Harris?
Harris started on the offensive line last year... The Vikings could use a decent offensive lineman. So what happened? The net is yielding nothing. Why does it seem to be such a secret?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:48 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: What's Wrong with Mike Harris?
Lars wrote:
Harris started on the offensive line last year... The Vikings could use a decent offensive lineman. So what happened? The net is yielding nothing. Why does it seem to be such a secret?

HIPPA?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:52 pm
Defensive Tackle

Lars wrote:

Whatever it is, he obviously wants to keep it personal. I just hope it's not career-threatening.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:55 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

He played 16 games last year... and helped Peterson lead the NFL in rushing. I wish him well... and can't help but wish he was available. I am sure Harris wishes he was too. C'est la vie.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:26 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

fiestavike wrote:
Lars wrote:

HIPPA?

It's "HIPAA".

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

As others have noted its probably HIPAA related.

SO LETS SPECULATE!

low risk form of cancer he needs to do mild chemo for? expected to be fine after year of treatment?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:12 am
Defensive Tackle

IrishViking wrote:
As others have noted its probably HIPAA related.

SO LETS SPECULATE!

low risk form of cancer he needs to do mild chemo for? expected to be fine after year of treatment?

It could simply be a concussion (concussion symptoms can last months or even as long as a year). IIRC, Harris initially referred to the issue as a "little" head injury. Whatever it is, it's enough to keep him off the field. Let's just hope he gets over it and it's not too serious.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:44 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Quote:
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas has declared himself questionable for Sunday's game with a unique ailment.

Maybe Harris forgot to trim his nose hair?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

I've wondered if it something addiction related, but that is pure conjecture on my part. At this point, there is no point in beating the bush. When/if he comes back, he comes back. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:57 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

mansquatch wrote:
I've wondered if it something addiction related, but that is pure conjecture on my part. At this point, there is no point in beating the bush. When/if he comes back, he comes back. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

If so, the organization is handling this in a super classy way. No way to know what the deal is, but its really interesting he re-signed with the Vikings only to immediately have this medical issue. More conjecture, but it feels like both he and the team knew something was up before he ended up signing in MN instead of with the NYG, which again, indicates whatever the issue is, the team is handling this in a really classy manner.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:27 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

fiestavike wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

If so, the organization is handling this in a super classy way. No way to know what the deal is, but its really interesting he re-signed with the Vikings only to immediately have this medical issue. More conjecture, but it feels like both he and the team knew something was up before he ended up signing in MN instead of with the NYG, which again, indicates whatever the issue is, the team is handling this in a really classy manner.

It's a mystery... which of course makes curious people curious. I'm guessing it is cancer or something similar -- given that he can play "as soon as the doctors clear him to play"... which is what he said in July. The team would certainly support him through something like that.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]