View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jake Long 
Veteran

Post Jake Long
I read where the Vikings are bringing him in this week and I hope they sign him. Move TJ to the bench because he's no LT and Sirles is the better RT frankly.

Give me Long and Sirles as my tackles starting in Philly and this team is that much better!

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:02 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: Jake Long
RFIP wrote:
I read where the Vikings are bringing him in this week and I hope they sign him. Move TJ to the bench because he's no LT and Sirles is the better RT frankly.

Give me Long and Sirles as my tackles starting in Philly and this team is that much better!

It almost sounds like they are going to bring in more than Long.

Quote:
Jake Long among O-linemen who Vikings will consider during bye as injuries mount. Long has history w/ Tony Sparano, Vikes O-line coach.

Curious to see how Longs knees check out.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:23 pm
Veteran

halfgiz wrote:
RFIP wrote:

It almost sounds like they are going to bring in more than Long.

Quote:
Jake Long among O-linemen who Vikings will consider during bye as injuries mount. Long has history w/ Tony Sparano, Vikes O-line coach.

Curious to see how Longs knees check out.

Someone brought him in a couple weeks ago and almost signed him, I can't recall who that was, Atlanta maybe?

I hate when stuff like this leaks out because the Vikes are DESPERATE for help and now another team can beat them to the punch.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:05 pm
All Pro Elite Player

If he was that good,then why is Long still sitting around unsigned? It will be interesting to see who Rick comes up with.
We really need some depth on the line.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:45 am
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
If he was that good,then why is Long still sitting around unsigned? It will be interesting to see who Rick comes up with.

Last word on Long was he was released from the Ravens in July due to a problematic physical. He's an older version of Kalil with his broken lower body. Even so, that might be a degree or two up from the worst starting LT in the league so whatever. Sure.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:02 am
Commissioner

I'm still upset Rick didn't sign Okung. Ugh.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:04 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
I'm still upset Rick didn't sign Okung. Ugh.

Too expensive to me,although i wouldn't have complained too much if they had. Who are FAs this next offseason?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

Given the injuries to OL this isn't surprising. To the guy who said we are desperate, I think that writing was on the wall when both Tackles got hurt. You can't really hide the fact that both guards have now been knocked out of games and both OT are not playing due to injuries.

Have to give Sparano credit, the group has rebounded in the face of some significant competition. Who would have expected after the performances in week 1 and week 2 that the group would up improved performances against the likes of CAR and HOU?

It's ugly, but we've managed to not just tread water, but also make some improvement along the way. Will it be enough? That is the question... Good news is after Philly our schedule softens up some.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 am
Career Elite Player

Jake Long can't stay on a roster and it's for a reason. Vikings are desperate, so it's worth a shot, but they relentlessly keep looking for a band-aid and it's real concern going forward. I can just see them getting into the playoffs and having to play Seattle...That defense will kill these guys and it could be what sends the Vikings home, short of expectations.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Well they played SEA last year in the playoffs with a bad OL situation and survived last year... Through 5 games I think the 2016 OL is doing a better job of pass protecting than the 2015 group did. Last year the right side was non-existent.

SEA is not what it was 2-3 seasons ago. I'd fear DEN more although they got worked over hard yesterday. Heck the Texans group we faced yesterday was a legitimate playoff defense... This offense deserves some credit for that. It isn't super showy or anything, but they executed and got it done.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:31 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

mansquatch wrote:
Well they played SEA last year in the playoffs with a bad OL situation and survived last year... Through 5 games I think the 2016 OL is doing a better job of pass protecting than the 2015 group did. Last year the right side was non-existent.

SEA is not what it was 2-3 seasons ago. I'd fear DEN more although they got worked over hard yesterday. Heck the Texans group we faced yesterday was a legitimate playoff defense... This offense deserves some credit for that. It isn't super showy or anything, but they executed and got it done.

I'd hate to face HOU with both Clowney and Watt. That's a formidable DL. Mercilus was excellent yesterday too.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:37 am
Career Elite Player

I wonder if there is any chance they can coax Big Phil out of retirement

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:00 pm
Veteran

Would anyone be upset if we gave up a 3rd for Joe Thomas?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:56 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

YikesVikes wrote:

It would take more than that because the browns hold all the cards. They don't care if they win or lose right now.

I am thinking a 2nd and a 5th for him.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:29 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Norv Zimmer wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

It would take more than that because the browns hold all the cards. They don't care if they win or lose right now.

And with their first pick of the 2017 draft the Vikings select Joe smhoe in the 5th round

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm
Defensive Tackle

IrishViking wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

And with their first pick of the 2017 draft the Vikings select Joe smhoe in the 5th round

:lol:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:00 pm
Practice Squad

Does anyone know if Jonathan Cooper made it through waivers after Pats cut him last week?

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:10 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I guess long came and worked out today.
Quote:
Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 1h1 hour ago

Free agent OT Jake Long worked out for the Vikings this morning, Mike Zimmer said.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:17 pm
All Pro Elite Player

PurpleTears wrote:
Does anyone know if Jonathan Cooper made it through waivers after Pats cut him last week?

I heard that the Browns claimed Cooper.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

IrishViking wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

Exactly.

What's more: Joe Schmoe from Mossy Log State University, in Düsseldorf, Germany. :banana:

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 pm
All Pro Elite Player

YikesVikes wrote:

They probably want a 3rd for that Cooper guy they just picked up off of waivers. :D

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:02 pm
Veteran

dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

Last word on Long was he was released from the Ravens in July due to a problematic physical. He's an older version of Kalil with his broken lower body. Even so, that might be a degree or two up from the worst starting LT in the league so whatever. Sure.

If he can still breath he's better than TJ who is not now nor ever will be an NFL LT.

Long has the pedigree and has ALWAYS played LT. He'd be an improvement.

Added plus, he's also been Sam's LT for a while in STL.

I make this move as long as his physical checks out.

Now if they could swing a Joe Thomas trade I'd be all in on that...

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:36 pm
Veteran

YikesVikes wrote:

I'd throw in Teddy.

TB + 3rd in a heart beat.

Guess you can't trade injured players though..

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:37 pm
All Pro Elite Player

RFIP wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

I'd throw in Teddy.

TB + 3rd in a heart beat.

Guess you can't trade injured players though..

:shock: Jesus, talk about tempting Karma. You do that literally the first play Joe is in on he would give up a career ending sack on Bradford.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:17 pm
Rookie

Norv Zimmer wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:

Treadwell + 4th if needed but ideally a 5th for Thomas + Browns 3rd (really late 2nd).

Thomas LT, Long RT, Clemmings and Sirles as depth. With Fusco banged up too, could be needed.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:35 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

The only sure thing about this whole deal, is i'm sure glad some of you aren't general managers

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:50 am
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings expected to sign former No. 1 overall pick, OT, Jake Long today, per source. A Michigan man makes his way to Minnesota.

Jake Long now becomes second former No. 1 overall pick Vikings have acquired as an injury replacement this season. es.pn/2dFV1mz

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:55 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Vikings expected to sign former No. 1 overall pick, OT, Jake Long today, per source. A Michigan man makes his way to Minnesota.

Jake Long now becomes second former No. 1 overall pick Vikings have acquired as an injury replacement this season. es.pn/2dFV1mz

This is not what I meant when I said that the Vikings like to stockpile No 1. Picks. :rofl:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 am
Profile YIM
All Pro Elite Player

Thaumaturgist wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

This is not what I meant when I said that the Vikings like to stockpile No 1. Picks. :rofl:

Why is everyone complaining? Matt Kalil, Jake Long two number one picks starting at Oline for us. We need to focus on other parts of our team.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:58 am
Commissioner

Passed his physical, which is a good thing. Hopefully he can play and stay healthy. And start at LT. And be a damn upgrade and not just more IR fodder. Please put him at LT and make Clemmings backup swing.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next