How will Vikings blow it this year (Poll)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How will the Vikings blow it this year?

1. Walsh shanks an 18 yard field goal
33%
2. 13 men in the huddle
5%
3. "The Cliff" - As time expires, Vikings running in for the go ahead and winning score, with no one within 30 yards, player trips at the 1 and fumbles out of the back of EZ
14%
4. Running out clock with a 3 point lead, AP fumbles handoff, opposing team runs it in for a game winning TD as time expires
33%
5. McKinnon drops TD pass at goal line (darrin nelson)
No votes
6. Other (please specify specifics)
14%

Total votes: 21

PurpleTears
Practice Squad

Re: How will Vikings blow it this year (Poll)

Post by PurpleTears »

Not going to happen...Hill will be playing LT by then!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Figured out the coup de Grace for us.

Packers beat us at home in the Playoffs this year.

Win the superbowl

Defend their Superbowl title next year in our stadium

There you go. No specifics but that's the level of let down we are prepping for.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Just flashed: Vikings-Falcons NFCC game. Blair Walsh last-second field goal to win.

Nails it.

How good would that feel.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:Just flashed: Vikings-Falcons NFCC game. Blair Walsh last-second field goal to win.

Nails it.

I like this version best. :beerock:
Denardus
Backup

Post by Denardus »

dead_poet wrote:Just flashed: Vikings-Falcons NFCC game. Blair Walsh last-second field goal to win.

Nails it.

THIS, I need this. I was living in Atlanta at the time, it was rough.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Texas Vike wrote:I cringed at this thread and avoided it initially, but ... what the heck.

So far, something feels different about this season. Zimmer has this team in a different mental space, it seems to me. Even so, this franchise has a special history that we all know all too well. If anything, it'd likely be our shoddy OL that is our undoing this season. Hopefully they can figure it out though.
TV - I'm with you. I'll be honest: Even in 2009, I never had "confidence" in the team. It was still and "up and down" team, so there was still a little "dread" when they were playing, and things would not go well. With this team, it more like: "it's only the first quarter - let's see how they're going to pull this one out." :smilevike: This team reminds me more of a "negative image" of the 98 team (defense rather than offense dominating).
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Nails it.

Beating Denver in the SB after would be a dream come true. Talk about redemption for a franchise. I always thought the Vikings matched up well against the Broncos that year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014