Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 5

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How many touches and targets will Cordarrelle Patterson get on offense in week 5?

No votes
5%
5%
No votes
10%
24%
6+
57%

Total votes: 21

losperros
Commissioner

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 5

Post by losperros »

Texas Vike wrote:Nailed it! At least regarding the TD.

We'll see about # of touches, but it's looking like 4 receptions and one run.

So glad to see him back in the fold. Just when we need him.
And it was a great catch! Patterson is looking good and should now be used in more medium to deep passes.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Flash was the man today. He was playing with a purpose. You could see it from his first few touches.

With CP contributing, the emergence of Adam Thielen, and (hopefully) Diggs returning, the Vikings have some serious weaponry on offense.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was pretty ticked of at Patterson but I think its safe to say he has finally gotten it from a team standpoint...

From a Talent standpoint... We have a good group Thielen is starting to look a lot like a real potent #2 combo guy...

Patterson has some much versatility and Talent. Diggs is Diggs and can make plays...Kendricks is looking like an all pro
against the pass this year.

Bradford reminds me a lot of Aikman ... Just a awesome pin point throwing ability...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:I was pretty ticked of at Patterson but I think its safe to say he has finally gotten it from a team standpoint...

From a Talent standpoint... We have a good group Thielen is starting to look a lot like a real potent #2 combo guy...

Patterson has some much versatility and Talent. Diggs is Diggs and can make plays...Kendricks is looking like an all pro
against the pass this year.

Bradford reminds me a lot of Aikman ... Just a awesome pin point throwing ability...
Thielen's emergence is eerily similar to Victor Cruz. From barely making the roster, to special teams ace, to starting NFL WR, to boneafide #2/3. Perseverance, hard work and coaching. It's quite the story that really hasn't been covered much outside the state. Good for him.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Thielen's emergence is eerily similar to Victor Cruz. From barely making the roster, to special teams ace, to starting NFL WR, to boneafide #2/3. Perseverance, hard work and coaching. It's quite the story that really hasn't been covered much outside the state. Good for him.
Even more amazing -- he got discovered through an open tryout. Figure the odds.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Even more amazing -- he got discovered through an open tryout. Figure the odds.
Whatever the case, Thielen should be the #2 WR from now on. As I said in another thread, Patterson should be the #3 WR. Diggs, Thielen and Patterson is a strong 3WR set and they are the best wide receivers on the team.

I sure am happy with Bradford. There really doesn't seem to be any kind of pass he can't throw. As the season progresses, I look forward to the passing game getting better and better.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I'm loving the CP return to the forefront this season. You can just see how much his attitude has improved. Great stuff.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Did anyone notice on his TD catch...I've watched the play 10 times because it looked odd...sure enough, the DB with his left hand grabs the pink towel off of CP's BACK and just as the ball arrives he throws it from between CP's hands right up in his vision. No matter, the kid made the catch anyways!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

RFIP wrote:Did anyone notice on his TD catch...I've watched the play 10 times because it looked odd...sure enough, the DB with his left hand grabs the pink towel off of CP's BACK and just as the ball arrives he throws it from between CP's hands right up in his vision. No matter, the kid made the catch anyways!

Wow... that's a new defensive move! I'll have to watch that play again. Thanks for pointing this out.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

RFIP wrote:Did anyone notice on his TD catch...I've watched the play 10 times because it looked odd...sure enough, the DB with his left hand grabs the pink towel off of CP's BACK and just as the ball arrives he throws it from between CP's hands right up in his vision. No matter, the kid made the catch anyways!
There was something odd about that play that initially fooled me into thinking it was not a catch. Probably just that, as it was at least the object flying away in the other direction. It wasn't until a moment later that I was CP hold the ball up and saw the towel on the ground.

Nice catch under distraction, CP!!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Yeah during the game I saw that flag hit the ground and thought he had dropped the ball. I was confused when they said Touchdown!
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The play where it took the 3rd Texan to get Patterson down on the sideline illustrates an awesome dimension of CPs game. He is a big man. That was a great play.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:The play where it took the 3rd Texan to get Patterson down on the sideline illustrates an awesome dimension of CPs game. He is a big man. That was a great play.
I agree. I think plays like that show some of the benefits he may be getting from working with "hell's trainer". He's strong.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: I agree. I think plays like that show some of the benefits he may be getting from working with "hell's trainer". He's strong.

He's crazy strong and he seems to be yearning contact like AD used to do. He looks like he's furious and wants to pound a DB. I don't remember seeing that side of him before, but it's fun to watch.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Texas Vike wrote:
He's crazy strong and he seems to be yearning contact like AD used to do. He looks like he's furious and wants to pound a DB. I don't remember seeing that side of him before, but it's fun to watch.
Patterson seems to be a load for defenders to bring down. He's great at fighting for extra yardage. His strength and conditioning makes it easier to see why he's a good gunner, especially when Patterson has to make a tackle.

I wonder if the "hell's trainer" coach has created a monster? :D