US Bank Stadium experience 'amazing'

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Moose
Waterboy

US Bank Stadium experience 'amazing'

Post by Moose »

The stadium is simply amazing. Nicest stadium I have ever been to that includes cowboys, cardinals, seahawks, colts, dolphins, giants(old and new), bengals, bears, packers, lions.

I attended the game Monday Night and arrived around 2pm. That wasn't early enough. The tailgating appeared to start earlier. However I wanted to see all the new amenities in and around USBank.

Me and abotu 30k others. The ship, the plaza, the bridge, standing 100 ft in front of the stadium for an hour were the highights from the outside.

When you enter the gates you walk thru the glass doors and its surreal. That moment there is a highlight in itself. When inside it takes up to 1 hr 30 mins to see everything. the museum/concessions/the pictures/ and all the little things that will make up the experience now attending a viking game. Whether it was the broadcast center up in the 3rd level or just seeing the architecture of the new design walking up the stairs to your section in the 2nd and 3rd levels. Just awesome!!!!

The neat thing I saw was placing concessions away from the middle of the sidelines and puting them more in the corners to save moving space.

The big screens are a great size. The sound system is perfect. The ceiling is cool at night.

All in all a wonderful venue that is perfect for us having an up and coming team that might be the best program in the NFL for a long, long time and having the best stadium.

Vikings did this right!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: US Bank Stadium experience 'amazing'

Post by dead_poet »

Awesome to hear! I'll be there for the Lipns game in less than a month. I'm pretty excited (even more after reading your account). Thanks for sharing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Yeah my uncle and cousin moved out of state to the east coast and im in oklahoma but we decided we have to make a little family trip to MN for the Cardinals game... needless to say we're super excited about it.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

mondry wrote:Yeah my uncle and cousin moved out of state to the east coast and im in oklahoma but we decided we have to make a little family trip to MN for the Cardinals game... needless to say we're super excited about it.
Sweet! My wife got me us tickets for our anniversary to that game. It'll be my first one ever. I'm We're super excited too!
Last edited by Thaumaturgist on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I am hoping to snag some utter nose bleed seats for a later season game if the Vikings have it locked up early.
Moose
Waterboy

Post by Moose »

300 level tip - there are 2 levels. row 1 is not row 1 its more like row 8. the 1st row is row A then there is another level by taking stairs upwards which is also level 300.

row 1's are in a way obstructed as there is glass you will be looking thru. if that doesn't bother you then you have no other problems.

last few rows in the upper 300's are extremely far from the field. I personally wouldn't sit there as you are really, really far. metrodome views were much, much better.

the first 5-6 rows in the 300's are not that bad.

The 200's are pretty good.

The 100's are really good in between the '20s. Now in the endzone you do not want to sit in the last few rows. the rows are really steep and you get really far from the field. From ro 1 to row 12-14 not bad at all. you are extremely close to the endzone and will have strong views to midfield.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Going to the game this Sunday against the Texans. will be my first time seeing the stadium 100% complete. cant wait to check it out!
Formerly AADPFan
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mondry wrote:Yeah my uncle and cousin moved out of state to the east coast and im in oklahoma but we decided we have to make a little family trip to MN for the Cardinals game... needless to say we're super excited about it.
I'm going to the Cardinals game with my wife, as well. Gonna stay downtown at the Hotel Minneapolis and walk the 8 blocks to and from the game.

Absolutely can't wait. I would have been excited just to go, but with the way the Vikings are playing, it's pretty much top rung of the Psych Ladder.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

Friends that have sat in our 300 level seats have said even though a bit far, the view was still good. I had 347, row 18 and 304, row 8. Next year, definitely going to try for lettered row tickets.

My personal are row 6 in the end zone against the Vikings tunnel. It's the actual row 3 of section due to the club underneath.
Love them. Will be there Sunday. Will be our last regular season game this year. Hope to make it up for a home playoff game.