Year of the Purple Reign

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Year of the Purple Reign

Post by Norv Zimmer »

How bout the Viking Rapers and Pillagers! (Thats pretty much what they did in history, they were A-Holes)
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Norv Zimmer wrote:How bout the Viking Rapers and Pillagers! (Thats pretty much what they did in history, they were A-Holes)

Actually to go Viking was to seek out new trade routes during the non growing season in Norse lands.

All raiders were vikings most vikings were not raiders.

The raiders were general douchenozzles though, yes.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

IrishViking wrote:
Actually to go Viking was to seek out new trade routes during the non growing season in Norse lands.

All raiders were vikings most vikings were not raiders.

The raiders were general douchenozzles though, yes.
Ah yes, and just like in olden times, the Raiders are still generally douchenozzles :D
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The purple douchenozzles!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

For you Game of Thrones fans: how about "The Wardens of the North"?
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

I'm a Minnesotan and Prince does nothing for me. I've really tried to like him. He was talented and creative but lacked anything of interest to me. He seemed to want to be edgy but he sounded like very middle-of-the-road pop to me. I don't see him in the same league as Dylan.

Naturally I abhor Purple Reign for a monikor for that reason, but there's are even better reasons for disliking it. "Reign" suggests a period of time reigned over by someone or something. It does not suggest the thing doing the reigning, namely the defense. Its poor use of English. And it really doesn't sound very menacing. It's hard to escape the association with "rain", and while Purple Rain would be proper English I don't know anyone who is afraid of rain.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Texas Vike wrote:For you Game of Thrones fans: how about "The Wardens of the North"?
I like it!

Mike Zimmer.......KING OF THE NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!