2nd Quarter Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What will the Vikings record be for the second quarter of the season?

0-4
No votes
1-3
No votes
2-2
11%
3-1
43%
4-0
46%

Total votes: 37

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

2nd Quarter Predictions

Post by akvikingsfan »

The first quarter of the season went much better than most of us predicted. Originally I had the Vikings going 3-1 with the loss being to the Panthers. With that said, lets get some predictions for the second quarter.

Schedule
vs Texans
Bye
@Eagles
@Bears
vs Lions

I see the Vikings possibly dropping the game to the Texans and then rebounding to win the next three. With the quarter record being 3-1 for a combined record of 7-1.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 2nd Quarter Predictions

Post by Crax »

I'm going to guess the Vikings will lose one. So far we've had 0 turnovers on offense. It's hard to keep that up. We'll have a bad game along the way I'm sure. I'll be thrilled with 7-1.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I hate predictions, because I know the chances of a perfect run are astronomical, but the way i see it, the losses will come vs traps. It happens. I can see a team like Jville or the bears getting us.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I predict the Vikings will play second quarters in ALL of those games! :tongue:
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I put 4-0. I don't see the Texans beating us at home, Brock is a pocket passer and it is going to be hard for him... their o line is nothing special and dealing with the crowd noise is going to be very hard for him. If manning and rodgers couldn't do it I don't think osweiler can.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I picked 2-2 because this is the Vikings. They may be "supposed" to go 4-0 during this quarter but they were also probably "supposed" to go 2-2 this first quarter. They aren't going 16-0, so there's going to be a few losses here and there.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I picked 4-0 because these are the NEW Vikings. New house, new attitude, new ability to finish games.

That being said, if any of those beat us, it'll probably be the stupid Bears. We always seem to poop the bed at Soldier. Hoping last year started a new trend.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I said 3-1, losing in Philly.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I picked 4-0 because these are the NEW Vikings. New house, new attitude, new ability to finish games.

That being said, if any of those beat us, it'll probably be the stupid Bears. We always seem to poop the bed at Soldier. Hoping last year started a new trend.
I am too but oddly enough, I fear that game more than the Eagles game!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: I am too but oddly enough, I fear that game more than the Eagles game!

Are you going to the game in Soldier Field this year, Jim?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's been such a crazy season I have no clue. I'm really hoping we can have an undefeated vs undefeated match against the Eagles though.

Random thought, the Vikings will play 5 straight games in purple. It could be 6, I know the Eagles wear white at home sometimes.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Obviously i expect 4-0 but I voted 3-1

I do believe we will win our division games but i wont be surprised if we lose to the Texans ot Eagles... but how many times can it be said that this team or that team will be a good test for our team.

Its going to be a fun quarter to watch! We are going to texans game, then the the vikes are going to put the eagles in there place. Then over the next couple weeks we will pick up wins over the other two teams in our division.
Formerly AADPFan
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

I'm going with 4-0 because I think the next four teams are less of a threat than the past four. I also believe Bradford and the offense will only get better. Zimm will keep the players heads on straight, the defense is focused on being the best, and the toughest challenge IMO will be Philly, but I think they'll get'er done!
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

With the way we are are playing right now it's hard to see us not going 4-0. But it's also tough to believe we can continue to play at this level every week, so I say we go 3-1. We could be on our way to home field advantage in the playoffs. A NFC Championship game would be a great way to break in the new stadium.
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

The easy thing for me to do is switch back to cynicism that Vikings fans are so accustomed to. There may be even fans who find comfort in wallowing in misery. But the Sun has to peek out through the clouds eventually. Someone commented above that they can't see 16-0. I'll go there. Someone has to also eventually tied The 72' Dolphins perfect season record. Why not the Vikings.