Taylor Heinicke

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Taylor Heinicke

Post by Norv Zimmer »

It seems like everybody has forgotten about him since Bradford came board. Does anybody have any expectations that he will take over Hills spot? Or at least compete for it? I think the coaching staff likes him and I like what he did last year in the preseason.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Re: Taylor Heineke

Post by Grashopa »

I think Teddy Bridgewater is going to take Hills Spot.

I dont know much about Heineke, except that he was only supposed to be out a few weeks and its been a few months. /shrug
Formerly AADPFan
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Taylor Heinicke

Post by Mothman »

Norv Zimmer wrote:It seems like everybody has forgotten about him since Bradford came board. Does anybody have any expectations that he will take over Hills spot? Or at least compete for it? I think the coaching staff likes him and I like what he did last year in the preseason.
I think it's just that there hasn't been much to say about him. He's still on the Non-Football Injury List so he hasn't even been practicing. I don't expect him to take over Hill's spot this season but it's possible he will move up into it next year, depending on what happens with Bridgewater.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Heinicke has been placed on the IR-Non-Football-Injury list with a foot injury but is eligible to return against the Bears on October 31st.
The question is what will we do with him?

Mike Harris would also be eligible to return on the 31st but we really haven't heard nothing about him either.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:Heinicke has been placed on the IR-Non-Football-Injury list with a foot injury but is eligible to return against the Bears on October 31st.
The question is what will we do with him?

Mike Harris would also be eligible to return on the 31st but we really haven't heard nothing about him either.
My guess is Heinicke takes Stave's spot on the practice squad. Harris is harder to say but if he's healthy, I assume he goes back on the active roster and they move Beavers back down.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He's been in the back of my mind, for sure. I want him back, healthy and practicing because if God forbid, something happens to Bradford...Well....
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

DP posted his return in another topic.
But figured we can get this up and running now that he will be back.

#Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke "excited" about being able to return to practice following foot injury. twincities.com/2016/10/17/vik…
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Well today is Heinicke's first day back Practicing. It will be interesting to hear how he looks in practice this week.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Well today is Heinicke's first day back Practicing. It will be interesting to hear how he looks in practice this week.
I guess I'm not terribly concerned. He missed his chance to win the #2 job. No way the coaches turn to him over Hill if something happens to Bradford. He'll have another shot in camp next year...which might be pretty interesting if Teddy can participate (unlikely).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: I guess I'm not terribly concerned. He missed his chance to win the #2 job. No way the coaches turn to him over Hill if something happens to Bradford. He'll have another shot in camp next year...which might be pretty interesting if Teddy can participate (unlikely).
Would you be shocked to see Bardford go down? Would you be shocked to see Hill go down if Bradford goes down? I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

fiestavike wrote: Would you be shocked to see Bardford go down? Would you be shocked to see Hill go down if Bradford goes down? I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.
I'd be no more or less shocked to see Bradford go down than any other player. I suspect that players on bad teams are more likely to be injured, and Bradford has always played on bad teams. He may not be an ironman like Favre but I do not worry that he's made of glass either.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: Would you be shocked to see Bardford go down? Would you be shocked to see Hill go down if Bradford goes down? I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.
How often do teams start a fourth QB? That said, I prefer Heinicke to Stave.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.
If it matters, there are dozens of guys out there who are better options than them.
Other teams backups.
Free Agents.
Brett Favre.
etc.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Norv Turner says Taylor Heinicke looked good in his first workout and that "he's a lucky guy" to now also have Sam Bradford here to help him.

Norv Turner: "Every time Taylor (Heinicke) gets out and gets going he's impressive and the players really take to him.''
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

So how does he get to practice? Wouldn't they have to make room for him on the roster or PS?