View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Taylor Heinicke 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Taylor Heinicke
It seems like everybody has forgotten about him since Bradford came board. Does anybody have any expectations that he will take over Hills spot? Or at least compete for it? I think the coaching staff likes him and I like what he did last year in the preseason.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm
Franchise Player

Post Re: Taylor Heineke
I think Teddy Bridgewater is going to take Hills Spot.

I dont know much about Heineke, except that he was only supposed to be out a few weeks and its been a few months. /shrug

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:40 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Taylor Heinicke
Norv Zimmer wrote:
It seems like everybody has forgotten about him since Bradford came board. Does anybody have any expectations that he will take over Hills spot? Or at least compete for it? I think the coaching staff likes him and I like what he did last year in the preseason.

I think it's just that there hasn't been much to say about him. He's still on the Non-Football Injury List so he hasn't even been practicing. I don't expect him to take over Hill's spot this season but it's possible he will move up into it next year, depending on what happens with Bridgewater.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:43 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Heinicke has been placed on the IR-Non-Football-Injury list with a foot injury but is eligible to return against the Bears on October 31st.
The question is what will we do with him?

Mike Harris would also be eligible to return on the 31st but we really haven't heard nothing about him either.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:09 pm
Fenrir

halfgiz wrote:
Heinicke has been placed on the IR-Non-Football-Injury list with a foot injury but is eligible to return against the Bears on October 31st.
The question is what will we do with him?

Mike Harris would also be eligible to return on the 31st but we really haven't heard nothing about him either.

My guess is Heinicke takes Stave's spot on the practice squad. Harris is harder to say but if he's healthy, I assume he goes back on the active roster and they move Beavers back down.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:45 pm
Career Elite Player

He's been in the back of my mind, for sure. I want him back, healthy and practicing because if God forbid, something happens to Bradford...Well....

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:14 pm
All Pro Elite Player

DP posted his return in another topic.
But figured we can get this up and running now that he will be back.

#Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke "excited" about being able to return to practice following foot injury. twincities.com/2016/10/17/vik…

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:09 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Well today is Heinicke's first day back Practicing. It will be interesting to hear how he looks in practice this week.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 am
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
Well today is Heinicke's first day back Practicing. It will be interesting to hear how he looks in practice this week.

I guess I'm not terribly concerned. He missed his chance to win the #2 job. No way the coaches turn to him over Hill if something happens to Bradford. He'll have another shot in camp next year...which might be pretty interesting if Teddy can participate (unlikely).

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

I guess I'm not terribly concerned. He missed his chance to win the #2 job. No way the coaches turn to him over Hill if something happens to Bradford. He'll have another shot in camp next year...which might be pretty interesting if Teddy can participate (unlikely).

Would you be shocked to see Bardford go down? Would you be shocked to see Hill go down if Bradford goes down? I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:24 pm
Starter

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

Would you be shocked to see Bardford go down? Would you be shocked to see Hill go down if Bradford goes down? I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.

I'd be no more or less shocked to see Bradford go down than any other player. I suspect that players on bad teams are more likely to be injured, and Bradford has always played on bad teams. He may not be an ironman like Favre but I do not worry that he's made of glass either.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:54 pm
Commissioner

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

How often do teams start a fourth QB? That said, I prefer Heinicke to Stave.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:21 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
I much prefer Heinecke to Stave if it comes down to our third QB.

If it matters, there are dozens of guys out there who are better options than them.
Other teams backups.
Free Agents.
Brett Favre.
etc.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Norv Turner says Taylor Heinicke looked good in his first workout and that "he's a lucky guy" to now also have Sam Bradford here to help him.

Norv Turner: "Every time Taylor (Heinicke) gets out and gets going he's impressive and the players really take to him.''

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:12 pm
Fenrir

So how does he get to practice? Wouldn't they have to make room for him on the roster or PS?

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:12 pm
All Pro Elite Player

S197 wrote:
So how does he get to practice? Wouldn't they have to make room for him on the roster or PS?

Apparently they have 21 days before they have to decide where to put him.

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm
All Pro Elite Player

#Vikings activate QB Taylor Heinicke, waive TE MyCole Pruitt. See story at twincities.com/2016/11/08/vik…
That's a surprise they cut Pruitt...I guess the Norv era is over.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:21 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Yawn...more mediocrity. Heinke, a new kicker off the streets(not), a discarded/retired OL pulled from the street and put on the field within days.....
All these moves are actions taken by a GM who has already screwed the pooch.
None of it will make ANY difference when you have no OL.
We lost to Chicago, a basement dweller using a third string QB and a team with nearly as many injuries as we have....then laid a egg on our home turf via poor play and poor coaching when it was critical to come out and perform.

Get used to it.....wither Spielman has a major change of mind and commits to spending BIG resources on an OL or we get a new GM.....till then, we will be bastion of mediocrity.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 am
Franchise Player

chicagopurple wrote:
We lost to Chicago, a basement dweller using a third string QB and a team with nearly as many injuries as we have....

Huh? I thought Cutler was the 1st string QB

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:24 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

chicagopurple wrote:
Yawn...more mediocrity. Heinke, a new kicker off the streets(not), a discarded/retired OL pulled from the street and put on the field within days.....
All these moves are actions taken by a GM who has already screwed the pooch.
None of it will make ANY difference when you have no OL.
We lost to Chicago, a basement dweller using a third string QB and a team with nearly as many injuries as we have....then laid a egg on our home turf via poor play and poor coaching when it was critical to come out and perform.

Get used to it.....wither Spielman has a major change of mind and commits to spending BIG resources on an OL or we get a new GM.....till then, we will be bastion of mediocrity.

Hey Debbie downer Chicagopurple, What you said here makes zero sense.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]