Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How many touches and targets will Cordarrelle Patterson get on offense in week 4?

5%
18%
32%
14%
4+
32%

Total votes: 22

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson watch WEEK 4

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mansquatch wrote:He had several positive plays. He was instrumental in the punt return fumble as he got there first to pressure the returner. He is looking like one of those guys that where it seems like every time he is around the football something good happens.
Sherels too. He reminds me of Steve Tasker for the Bills in the 90s. An absolute stud on special teams.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:I am pretty sure they did that on two plays at least. But the first one, pressure forced a dump off and the second one he tossed it to a wide open intermediate (Rudy?). But on both those plays I thought Patterson was doing a straightline deep
If so, that's encouraging. I'll look for those plays on the coaches film this week.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote: If so, that's encouraging. I'll look for those plays on the coaches film this week.
I could be wrong. Honestly unless I see the hair CJ , Diggs, and Patterson all look similar in the 1 second sprint across my screen haha
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jim, you must have been happy up there in Chicagoland, eating your filet mignon and drinking (I'm guessing) a stout. FINALLY! Patterson was more involved, and it seemed to be a clear commitment to him from the very beginning of the game. After his first catch, I thought it was interesting how he gestured to Diggs (I think) that he was jacked up, but needed to stay calm and just get ready for the next play. To me, it may have given us a glimpse of stuff he's working on: the mental-emotional side of being a pro.

The other thing I liked related to CP84 is that they had him run the ball; they faked it to him on a jet sweep; they threw a bubble screen to him; later, they faked a screen to him and reversed field to Diggs. In general, it seemed like he was being used both as a decoy and a more immediate threat and it was clear that Norv was consciously incorporating him into his offensive game plan more. I imagined that Jim was smiling ear to ear (but with a dissatisfaction or two on his mind too... long balls, for example).
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

IrishViking wrote:
I am pretty sure they did that on two plays at least. But the first one, pressure forced a dump off and the second one he tossed it to a wide open intermediate (Rudy?). But on both those plays I thought Patterson was doing a straightline deep
Well, it sure looked to me as if Patterson was going deep on those plays. I'll have to look at it again.

On one of the plays Patterson was wide open and would have provided a big gain, maybe a TD, if he had gotten the ball.

Too bad the slant thrown to Patterson was tipped by a Giants defender. If the pass had more steam on it, that could have been a big play as well.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I think Scoggins scours our site to get ideas for his stories--taking the pulse of fans, his readers, to try to generate 'hits'.

Anyways, I figured this a good place for his article from today's strib:

http://www.startribune.com/cordarralle- ... 395767551/
The forgotten man returned Monday night. He was no longer invisible, no longer consumed with being Flash.

Just Cordarralle Patterson, suddenly a man of many hats.

Patterson reappeared on offense in a 24-10 victory over the New York Giants by using his unique talent to carve out a hybrid role.

Patterson figured prominently in the game plan and turned the game in his team’s favor with a bang-bang sequence that highlighted his value.

In the first quarter alone, he played gunner on the punt cover team, lined up outside at wide receiver, inside as the slot receiver and motioned to the backfield as a running back.
More at link.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I think Scoggins scours our site to get ideas for his stories--taking the pulse of fans, his readers, to try to generate 'hits'.

Anyways, I figured this a good place for his article from today's strib:

http://www.startribune.com/cordarralle- ... 395767551/
More at link.
Thanks. the PP has an article about him today too:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/03/vi ... -in-years/
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Jim, you must have been happy up there in Chicagoland, eating your filet mignon and drinking (I'm guessing) a stout.

I stuck with apple cider last night. :)
FINALLY! Patterson was more involved, and it seemed to be a clear commitment to him from the very beginning of the game. After his first catch, I thought it was interesting how he gestured to Diggs (I think) that he was jacked up, but needed to stay calm and just get ready for the next play. To me, it may have given us a glimpse of stuff he's working on: the mental-emotional side of being a pro.

The other thing I liked related to CP84 is that they had him run the ball; they faked it to him on a jet sweep; they threw a bubble screen to him; later, they faked a screen to him and reversed field to Diggs. In general, it seemed like he was being used both as a decoy and a more immediate threat and it was clear that Norv was consciously incorporating him into his offensive game plan more. I imagined that Jim was smiling ear to ear (but with a dissatisfaction or two on his mind too... long balls, for example).
I was thrilled to see him more involved and making a positive impact in several different ways. His stat line doesn't reveal how much he contributed, from drawing 2 PI calls to forcing that muffed punt throughs sheer hustle. I think he can do much more and I hope he'll get the opportunity.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

There's a nice article about CP at Vikings.com too, with some good quotes from his teammates and Mike Zimmer:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/P ... 713b58f2fb
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Mothman wrote:There's a nice article about CP at Vikings.com too, with some good quotes from his teammates and Mike Zimmer:

Also, click on the video of Zimmer's press conference at the link above and check out his reaction to some chanting in the background. It starts just after the two-minute mark.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:There's a nice article about CP at Vikings.com too, with some good quotes from his teammates and Mike Zimmer:

Its good to see that everyone has great things to say about him. Its striking me more and more that he might just be a versatile jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none type player. Maybe he wasn't doing enough in the eyes of Zimmer to get up the depth chart at position X but they are finally realizing that his in game ability in a variety of spots just makes him too useful to stay away.

Great things happen when he is near the ball; muffed punts, 70 yard punts, PI calls, 3rd down conversions, 3 missed tackles and a big gain. It would be crazy cool to see him go onto the field for a kick off, stay on as a WR, move to RB, back to WR, TE, then if we punt stay on and Gun; truly and every down player.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Enjoyed that. Worth watching the video of Rhodes embedded in the article too. He's a well spoken young man; confident, but humble too. He's turning into my favorite player.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:
Enjoyed that. Worth watching the video of Rhodes embedded in the article too. He's a well spoken young man; confident, but humble too. He's turning into my favorite player.

I like him a lot. He's humble off the field, ferocious on it!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
I like him a lot. He's humble off the field, ferocious on it!

Earlier I read a post game interview of OBJ. Juxtaposed to this interview of Rhodes, it illustrates something Zim talked about in his presser: we've got a lot of high character guys.

When asked about the skirmish and tensions between him and OBJ, Rhodes' answers reveal maturity, self-awareness, recognition of the talent level of his rival, but ultimately confidence in his own abilities. OBJ, OTH, whines about unfair refs, thinks the whole world is against him, and sounds like an entitled little punk.

Quite possibly my favorite thing about Zimmer is the culture he has created (with Rick). He doesn't put up with that primma donna BS. He demands selfless play from his guys; they are focused on cooperation and the team's goals.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Patterson seems to have paid his dues and demonstrated some things the coaching staff wanted to see.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins