Vikings look like Super Bowl contenders in a lot of ways ...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings look like Super Bowl contenders in a lot of ways

Post by mansquatch »

Can we get Jim some Bi-Focals please? Maybe we'll do a forum fundraiser. On the arms of the glasses will be written:

"Mike Zimmer is the greatest coach ever... EVER!"
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:Can we get Jim some Bi-Focals please?

I actually wear them already. :lol: I do need a new pair though so if you're feeling generous...
Maybe we'll do a forum fundraiser. On the arms of the glasses will be written:

"Mike Zimmer is the greatest coach ever... EVER!"

For a free pair of glasses, I can wear that!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Actually Bradford has been the second most pressured QB in the league so far.........not a good start.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

chicagopurple wrote:Actually Bradford has been the second most pressured QB in the league so far.........not a good start.

We are 11th in the league in Sacks, and 21st in hurries. So unless this is based on the always unbaised "eye check" or a hyper advance/specific stat its not true. They look rough but they are middle of the pack. :confused:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:
We are 11th in the league in Sacks, and 21st in hurries. So unless this is based on the always unbaised "eye check" or a hyper advance/specific stat its not true. They look rough but they are middle of the pack. :confused:

Maybe if everybody would actually post where they're getting their numbers from you could resolve the differences? :)

For what it's worth, according to NFL.com, the Vikings have allowed 18 QB hits (which is 21st in the league) .

Something to consider: Bradford has only played in 2 games so the team stats for the season also include a game with Hill. Perhaps Bradford has been pressured enough in his 2 games that, percentage-wise, he's the second most-pressured QB in the league thus far?
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:
Maybe if everybody would actually post where they're getting their numbers from you could resolve the differences? :)

For what it's worth, according to NFL.com, the Vikings have allowed 18 QB hits (which is 21st in the league) .

Something to consider: Bradford has only played in 2 games so the team stats for the season also include a game with Hill. Perhaps Bradford has been pressured enough in his 2 games that, percentage-wise, he's the second most-pressured QB in the league thus far?
Okay, that I could buy, using just Bradford. But doing so would then indicate an acceptance of the fact that Bradford himself has an impact on the Oline performance and more time would allow them to...

Wait for it..

GEL!!!!

HAHA we got him now guys!!

:lol:

I just pulled mine off of the nfl website. while I am not saying we are excelling I just find it hard to believe Bradford is experiencing the type of pressure say Newton, Dalton, or Tannehill are having each been sacked over 10 times so far.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I've already made my view on Bradford's contribution to the pressure clear, so I'm not going to elaborate further on that. I just want to say that I think Mike Harris has been a big loss. Its not because he is exceptional, but he's been the best RT the team has had in 3 years now, and his versatility could have been valuable as the season rolls on. He and Berger teamed up to have some of the more effective moments in run blocking last year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I want to say USA Today put him at number 2, but it was based on pressures/sacks per number of snaps taken.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I actually wrote to the Vikings and got a hopeful response from Wobby about the OL.

I did this before the draft and hoped they would focus on the OL in the first few rounds. They choose
a wide out that sits on the bench. I understand why Zimmer has first round picks sit for a while.
I think there is a vast difference between a secondary player and a wide out. I assuming at this point
we have another Patterson drafted who does not want or care enough to learn his role. Time will
tell, but that is only reason I see for not having Treadwell; at least come in for red zone plays IMO.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

jackal wrote:I actually wrote to the Vikings and got a hopeful response from Wobby about the OL.

I did this before the draft and hoped they would focus on the OL in the first few rounds. They choose
a wide out that sits on the bench. I understand why Zimmer has first round picks sit for a while.
I think there is a vast difference between a secondary player and a wide out. I assuming at this point
we have another Patterson drafted who does not want or care enough to learn his role. Time will
tell, but that is only reason I see for not having Treadwell; at least come in for red zone plays IMO.
Wobby only has positive responses.

I would have prefered the Vikings traded up for an OT, but by the time they picked there was no OT worth serious consideration.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote:I've already made my view on Bradford's contribution to the pressure clear, so I'm not going to elaborate further on that. I just want to say that I think Mike Harris has been a big loss. Its not because he is exceptional, but he's been the best RT the team has had in 3 years now, and his versatility could have been valuable as the season rolls on. He and Berger teamed up to have some of the more effective moments in run blocking last year.
Is Harris on IR?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Is Harris on IR?
I think he's on the Non-Football Injury List
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Is Harris on IR?
Harris will be eligible to return to the team October 31.