Hoss of the Week: Everson Griffen

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Hoss of the Week: Everson Griffen

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Hoss of the Week: Everson Griffen

Post by Texas Vike »

I enjoyed that quite a lot.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

This defense is legit
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:This defense is legit
It is indeed, although when I read this at the beginning of the article...
I don't know many people who would argue against the notion that the Denver Broncos had the best defense in the NFL last season. Even after losing some key pieces to free agency, their dominant start to this season has been nothing to sneeze at, either. But there is a team whose defense is currently nipping at their heels for that top spot, and that would be the Minnesota Vikings.
... I couldn't help think about how fans of the Seahawks and Eagles would feel about that statement.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: It is indeed, although when I read this at the beginning of the article...
... I couldn't help think about how fans of the Seahawks and Eagles would feel about that statement.
Ohhh! Ohh! I know!

Wait. I don't care. Screw them. And screw Aaron Rodgers. Just because.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Ohhh! Ohh! I know!

Well, excuuuuse me for noticing there are other good defenses in the league right now.

But hey... Everson Griffin! Sacks! He's a "hoss". How about that Vikes defense? Go team!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote:Well, excuuuuse me for noticing there are other good defenses in the league right now.

But hey... Everson Griffin! Sacks! he's a "hoss". How about that Vikes defense? Go team!
Now you're getting it! :rock:

There are other good defenses, just not better ones ;)

:ripple:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I could see the seahawk fans feeling that way just because they seem to hate the #### out of us. But Philly fans are self deprecating enough that i wouldnt see them getting upset. The Giants boards I have been lurking on are basically in agreement, if Eli survives it's a moral victory.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: Now you're getting it! :rock:

There are other good defenses, just not better ones ;)

:ripple:
Don't worry, I'm seeing my doctor today about getting a prescription-strength dose of purple Kool-Aid. :)
IrishViking wrote:I could see the seahawk fans feeling that way just because they seem to hate the #### out of us. But Philly fans are self deprecating enough that i wouldnt see them getting upset. The Giants boards I have been lurking on are basically in agreement, if Eli survives it's a moral victory.
My mind just went there because if that article was about one of those defenses nipping at Denver's heels and the Vikes weren't mentioned, I can imagine the outrage that would create about how much the Vikes were being disrespected.

I should have just kept the thought to myself.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

We hate disrespect and yet we love disrespect. We are like Rodney Dangerfield. If we suddenly got respect we'd have no bit. We can't have that. We might need Joe Buck to call a few games (I hate that I just said that) to incite more fan anger.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I don't understand whatsoever the desire some fans have for more recognition and esteem from the media. I couldn't care less.

The only funny thing about it, is that more media acclaim equals higher acclaim from the fanbase...but that's just because most fans don't know anything more than the media tells them.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

dead_poet wrote:
Ohhh! Ohh! I know!

Quote of the freakin day......right here :point:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I didn't realize that isn't a horsecollar if the QB is in the pocket. I know they expanded the rule so that grasping the name area of the jersey is a horsecollar so I remember watching that play and thinking Everson got away with one.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

S197 wrote:I didn't realize that isn't a horsecollar if the QB is in the pocket. I know they expanded the rule so that grasping the name area of the jersey is a horsecollar so I remember watching that play and thinking Everson got away with one.
That rule is interesting, didn't realize that specific part either. I didn't really think it was a penalty due to it not being on the inside. I'd have to watch it again to see if his hand was on the inside of the jersey. I was terrified that Hunter was going to get called hitting (by) the head on the safety though. I think Brees or some of the other small guys would have got the flag
Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle.
No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground.
This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.
Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.