Question about the new stadium

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Question about the new stadium

Post by RFIP »

I know it's brand new and no one has been inside during a snow even as of yet by I keep hearing about how the sun shines in and gives it a feel of being outdoors. My question is this, what will the optics be in a snow storm?

I have visions of a crazy snow-shadowy scene making it impossible to see which I'm sure is NOT the case but just wondered.

Thoughts?
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Question about the new stadium

Post by Boon »

Stadium has lights, they wont be left in the dark lol
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Boon wrote:Stadium has lights, they wont be left in the dark lol
No that's not what I meant. I meant will there be crazy shadows of falling snow flakes on the field as one has in their house when it snows and you have the window blind up?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

RFIP wrote: No that's not what I meant. I meant will there be crazy shadows of falling snow flakes on the field as one has in their house when it snows and you have the window blind up?
I'm interested to see how the lighting issues work out as well, especially as it relates to television broadcasts during the day.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I would be shocked if they don't clean the roof before games in the winter. For the reason you just pointed out and also to uncover the US BANK label that a fortune was paid for.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

RFIP wrote: No that's not what I meant. I meant will there be crazy shadows of falling snow flakes on the field as one has in their house when it snows and you have the window blind up?
I think (but not positive) the panels are heated so the snow just melts. I know that they're not glass it's more of a plastic material. The beams already cast some shadows during the day so it's not shadowless sunlight anyhow.