Upcoming game: Vikings @Panthers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingHoard
Backup

Re: Upcoming game: Vikings @Panthers

Post by VikingHoard »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote:Unfortunately, given the events in Charlotte, we don't stand a chance on Sunday. I'm a die hard Vikes fan, but even I can see the writing on the wall. Carolina will use this game as a way to bring the community together much the way New Orleans did after Katrina. Only way we have a chance is if the game is moved to a neutral site.

What I should be doing is getting on a flight to Vegas to put three stacks of high society on Carolina -7. Carolina by double digits.
If only something bad could happen here so the Vikes can have the advantage of bringing the community together in the game! :(
This signature predicted the great 2014 - 2025 Vikings dynasty!
ncpantherfan
Waterboy

Post by ncpantherfan »

dont know why everyone is so confident in spying :confused: every time we did it it was a positive play for the Packers, slant, shovel passs and then we werent doing it when Rodgers slipped out of the pocket on a couple of occasions. It literally did nothing to help us.

Didn't really help us much, but with a qb like Vick who could only run, it helped to know which way.
Cam doesn't get the credit for being a good passer because he's thrown into the running catagory. Hope he shows how good he is, Sun.
ncpantherfan
Waterboy

Post by ncpantherfan »

Unfortunately, given the events in Charlotte, we don't stand a chance on Sunday. I'm a die hard Vikes fan, but even I can see the writing on the wall. Carolina will use this game as a way to bring the community together much the way New Orleans did after Katrina. Only way we have a chance is if the game is moved to a neutral site.

Sorry, I know I'm a visitor and this isn't garbage talk, but that is ridiculous. Sounds like you're setting yourselves tp to have an excuse. These are pros that want to win and the anti cop protests have nothing to do with it. I guess you're saying that Minn. doesn't have anything to play for.
To use an example, after 9-11, the yankees had everything to play for and Aizona beat them in the WS, because they had the better team. The better team will win Sun. Again, sorry to get upset but that excuse is bogus.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

S197 wrote: My bad must have been thinking of the game before that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The game we lost on a stupid penalty was vs new Orleans when teddy had to come in for cassel. The play where munnerlyn souplexed brees on third and long
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

One thing that worries me, if any time Cam gets touched, there going to be penalty call. Al a lot of people stil upset ober that last game.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Panthers are still a top team from what I have seen this year there offense is better and defense is not as good...

I would say the Vikings will have to play a great game to have a chance... not impossible ... not very likely either...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
ncpantherfan
Waterboy

Post by ncpantherfan »

One thing that worries me, if any time Cam gets touched, there going to be penalty call. Al a lot of people stil upset ober that last game.

SF said the same thing. It didn't happen, and it won't happen with Minn. Denver got away with a lot because that's the kind of team they are, but most teams don't use their helmet as a weapon.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

ncpantherfan wrote:One thing that worries me, if any time Cam gets touched, there going to be penalty call. Al a lot of people stil upset ober that last game.

SF said the same thing. It didn't happen, and it won't happen with Minn. Denver got away with a lot because that's the kind of team they are, but most teams don't use their helmet as a weapon.
You have to admit though when Cam runs the ball he is going to get hit. I think there is going to atleast be a few calls against the vikings for such hits. And more than a few times panthers/fans whine about it.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

To NCPantherfan: Not trying to make an excuse, but I'm sure I'm a little older than you and I've seen a lot of strange things over the years. Unlike baseball, football is played with much more emotion. That is why Carolina will have an edge. Both teams want to win but Carolina will have a perceived mission to accomplish for their city. Just saying. This is not the week any team wants to play in Carolina.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Just like when a team on a losing streak fires their coach. Suddenly that next game, they don't suck as much and often times win outright.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote:Just like when a team on a losing streak fires their coach. Suddenly that next game, they don't suck as much and often times win outright.
Seems to me that losing your franchise player and starting left tackle in a big home win against your biggest rival could be fairly emotionally galvanizing too.
Beating the Panthers at home will be a tough task because they are an excellent football team. High emotions are just as likely to lead to sloppy play and mistakes. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow...eh?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Cam Newton is a pathetic embarassment.

He says if you don't like his celebrating don't let him score. I hope we take him at his word and make sure he can't score for the rest of the season.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

According to the talking heads, the Vikings don't stand a chance. 93% have picked the Panthers.

http://nflpickwatch.com/
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I, for one, refuse to roll over and cede this game to Carolina.

They're favored, and they should be. They're the defending NFC champs, and they're playing at home. But I will not be the least bit surprised to see the Vikings prevail in a close game.

Why?

1. Carolina is giving up 24 ppg. Their defense is good, but not as dominant as last year. Look for McKinnon and Asiata to make plays in the passing game. It's a staple of Norv Turner offenses that just isn't available with Peterson. He'll go to it now. Just you watch.
2. Carolina, of course, has an offense that can score, but Mike Zimmer has a way of neutralizing these things. He's particularly good at making in-game adjustments on the defensive side of the ball. Our defense is really good, and getting better all the time. Linval Joseph, Eric Kendricks, Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith are among the best at their positions in the NFL. If Rhodes plays, it's that much better. I love our defense, guys. Period.
3. Carolina has 5 turnovers in 2 games, while the Vikings have forced 6.
4. Cordarrelle Patterson returns kicks for the Vikings. In fact, I like the Vikings' special teams in general. Kick coverage has been excellent, Jeff Locke has been good at flipping the field, and even Blair Walsh has made 8 straight kicks after his horror show to start the season.
5. Stefon Diggs wears purple. He's turning into the NFC version of Antonio Brown. He even wears the same number. He changed the game against the Packers, and they have a pretty darned good secondary.

The key is the Vikings' O-line. They MUST do a better job. If they can protect Bradford the way they protected Shaun Hill against Tennessee, Sam could have another excellent game. And if we can generate even 75 yards on the ground, it will change the complexion of the offense.

Too much Kool-Aid? Not even close. The Panthers are favored, and they should be. I realize fully that everything will have to fall into place for the Vikings to come out of Charlotte with a win. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Our defense is that good.

SKOL!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I, for one, refuse to roll over and cede this game to Carolina.

They're favored, and they should be. They're the defending NFC champs, and they're playing at home. But I will not be the least bit surprised to see the Vikings prevail in a close game.

Why?

1. Carolina is giving up 24 ppg. Their defense is good, but not as dominant as last year. Look for McKinnon and Asiata to make plays in the passing game. It's a staple of Norv Turner offenses that just isn't available with Peterson. He'll go to it now. Just you watch.
2. Carolina, of course, has an offense that can score, but Mike Zimmer has a way of neutralizing these things. He's particularly good at making in-game adjustments on the defensive side of the ball. Our defense is really good, and getting better all the time. Linval Joseph, Eric Kendricks, Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith are among the best at their positions in the NFL. If Rhodes plays, it's that much better. I love our defense, guys. Period.
3. Carolina has 5 turnovers in 2 games, while the Vikings have forced 6.
4. Cordarrelle Patterson returns kicks for the Vikings. In fact, I like the Vikings' special teams in general. Kick coverage has been excellent, Jeff Locke has been good at flipping the field, and even Blair Walsh has made 8 straight kicks after his horror show to start the season.
5. Stefon Diggs wears purple. He's turning into the NFC version of Antonio Brown. He even wears the same number. He changed the game against the Packers, and they have a pretty darned good secondary.

The key is the Vikings' O-line. They MUST do a better job. If they can protect Bradford the way they protected Shaun Hill against Tennessee, Sam could have another excellent game. And if we can generate even 75 yards on the ground, it will change the complexion of the offense.

Too much Kool-Aid? Not even close. The Panthers are favored, and they should be. I realize fully that everything will have to fall into place for the Vikings to come out of Charlotte with a win. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Our defense is that good.

SKOL!
I agree. Vikings have a good shot and would be a statement game for the organization. Contain "Ham", put a hand in his face. Need a good game out of both lines.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter