Enemy Fan Forums: Carolina Panthers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Carolina Panthers

Post by Cliff »

IrishViking wrote:
Its energy efficient though. Not gonna lie, when I first started coming here, its something that influenced my choice.
Which one influenced your choice? The subsilver2 layout? I've been thinking of returning to that as the default layout.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I'm for whatever seems to irritate opposing fans as the default.
I am currently enjoying the subsilver2.
No opinion or concerns about the banner
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Nunin wrote:I'm for whatever seems to irritate opposing fans as the default.
I am currently enjoying the subsilver2.
No opinion or concerns about the banner
But I don't want to irritate Vikings fans though! ;)
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Cliff wrote: Which one influenced your choice? The subsilver2 layout? I've been thinking of returning to that as the default layout.

The black background part haha. I mean, its negligible energy use but white versus black does use more power and wear out screens faster. Again not really worth working around for one person, just a personal thing I liked.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Cliff wrote: But I don't want to irritate Vikings fans though! ;)
yeh, twas tongue in cheek.;) The subsilver2 is much easier on my eyes for sure, which is what matters most to me.
-
As for a banner: a viking ship with a sail made from QB jerseys we have stomped...or just the QBs from the North.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

IrishViking wrote:The black background part haha. I mean, its negligible energy use but white versus black does use more power and wear out screens faster. Again not really worth working around for one person, just a personal thing I liked.
That makes sense. I wasn't going to do away with the background either way. Every user has the option to switch between their backgrounds and I would have left it up as an option at least.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Check this out:

http://vikingsjournal.com/topic/3138-ar ... ers/page-2

Watch the meltdown as it happens. :D

:govikes:
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Funkytown wrote:Check this out:

http://vikingsjournal.com/topic/3138-ar ... ers/page-2

Watch the meltdown as it happens. :D

:govikes:
OMG that was funny. I especially enjoyed the poster who pondered what kind of hat Fig would wear at the PC.
Game threads are hilarious
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Nunin wrote: OMG that was funny. I especially enjoyed the poster who pondered what kind of hat Fig would wear at the PC.
Game threads are hilarious
Wow, what a horrible board. I am very happy and proud to be on a board that doesn't act like that. Wow.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:Re: Message Board Layout.

I'm with Jim, I use the subsilver2 layout. It's a plain-jane look but it's really clean and easy on the eyes. The black layout was something that was created before I took over and is the one that is the "default" setting. There aren't really graphics at all on the one I use.

I've thought about revamping the layout or at least changing around the colors but I don't have a graphics background at all. I'd happily replace the banner though if Jim makes one.

I'd also be open to hearing color scheme ideas. I don't really like the black background at all personally.
Same here, I use the subsilver, probably because it is the closest to what we originally had back when there wasn't a choice. Not a fan of the black background either.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wow, what a horrible board. I am very happy and proud to be on a board that doesn't act like that. Wow.
For the most part many of them sounded like extensions of Newton's personality. Bad winners...poor loses, pouty etc?
But there was some good dry humor in there too.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

S197 wrote: Same here, I use the subsilver, probably because it is the closest to what we originally had back when there wasn't a choice. Not a fan of the black background either.
It's interesting that some people love the black theme and some absolutely hate it. I guess that's why it's so nice to have options. I just looked at the other options, and they aren't "Vikings" at all. Why isn't there a light theme that feels Vikings-y? Also, the black theme doesn't hurt my eyes at all ... but with those other themes ... it feels like I'm staring at the sun. lol. We've talked about this before. The black theme hurts some people's eyes (older people, I think? ;)), but man, those light themes hurt mine. Then again, I've been using this dark theme (and our dark theme on Vikings Journal/Purple Pain) for years now. Maybe I've adjusted. Basically, I think the dark theme is the best option over here, but the banner could use some updating, especially when you have Jim on your team! This should be the best-looking board around! Those light themes could use some sprucing up, as well.

Here are some examples of ours:

As you see, our banner needs some updating, too. (Thanks, Just Me...but it's time to upgrade! :P) And it will be soon. It'll probably be dedicated to Zimmer and the Z-Fense.

But anyway, just giving you guys some ideas to have a dark theme and a light theme that both feel "Vikings". Maybe you guys would use a Vikings light theme? ...maybe?

Anyway, :govikes:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I use SubSilver too. I have tried the others, but just end up going back within a few days.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

People are creatures of habit. I would assume whatever you started reading the board with is probably what you've stuck with over the years.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Subsilver all the way for me. I can't stand the Black and Purple theme, I'm glad we have a choice!