Enemy Fan Forums: Carolina Panthers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Enemy Fan Forums: Carolina Panthers

Post by Funkytown »

Here you go:

http://vikingsjournal.com/_/minnesota-v ... hers-r1324

Nothing too crazy here. I just found it interesting how they were discussing the stuff going on in NC, and then today I see that the NFL is considering moving the game?

What a freaking doozy of a week for our team. This just adds to it. The look and feel of this game might be a lot different than what we just imagined a couple short days ago.

...:govikes:
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Carolina Panthers

Post by autobon7 »

Funkytown wrote:Here you go:

http://vikingsjournal.com/_/minnesota-v ... hers-r1324

Nothing too crazy here. I just found it interesting how they were discussing the stuff going on in NC, and then today I see that the NFL is considering moving the game?

What a freaking doozy of a week for our team. This just adds to it. The look and feel of this game might be a lot different than what we just imagined a couple short days ago.

...:govikes:
That would be crazy......but prolly the right thing to do.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Anyone been over to Carolinahuddle? They have a whole thread dedicated to this message board and how terrible it is. They are talking so.much trash about our fan base they sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.

Man I really hope we stomp them.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Anyone been over to Carolinahuddle? They have a whole thread dedicated to this message board and how terrible it is. They are talking so.much trash about our fan base they sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.

I can't get that forum to load on my device. Just getting a blank page.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Anyone been over to Carolinahuddle? They have a whole thread dedicated to this message board and how terrible it is. They are talking so.much trash about our fan base they sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.

Lol. They should protest this board :-P
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Didn't realize that my summary of the 2014 matchup was so controversial! My bad for misremembering and thinking that game was in Carolina. Makes me even more excited for tomorrow.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm to the point where it's not even amusing to visit these sites.

Panther fans are so woefully uninformed. It's not even worth getting upset.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I'm to the point where it's not even amusing to visit these sites.

Panther fans are so woefully uninformed. It's not even worth getting upset.
They claim that we are the most uninformed family base, the most cocky, obnoxious, and besides the vikings and the Packers we know nothing about football. Hahaha I am so excited for tomorrow.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Norv Zimmer wrote: They claim that we are the most uninformed family base, the most cocky, obnoxious, and besides the vikings and the Packers we know nothing about football. Hahaha I am so excited for tomorrow.
What do they care? Even if we are a bunch of inbred invalids, why do they care if we know nothing about football? I never understood the point of insulting the other team's fanbase. We are all passionate about our teams, and who cares if they know nothing or we know nothing.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
ncpantherfan
Waterboy

Post by ncpantherfan »

There are other Carolina boards, but the only one that the real fans go to is the official Panther website just like this one is. We don't even have a smack forum. We respect other teams so don't judge us by these unofficial boards. Even on our board, when we lost the SB, there were junk talking people for two weeks.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I had to go back and check it out. Wow. Some serious hating going on. But, to be fair, the biggest criticisms were towards the "look" of this message board. I don't get it. I love the purple on black. But I understand that hurts people's eyes? Either way, I know Vikings fans who hate the look of this board. I don't mind it at all. However, I don't understand why the banner is so outdated ... and ... plain. Have you guys seen Jim's work? Dude is AMAZING! There is no reason this board isn't way sexier. lol. Hello? Moth? Do something! :D

As far as the insults towards this board and its members, that's just ridiculous. I'm part of a handful of different Vikings message boards, and VMB is one of the best, especially regarding overall football intelligence and conversation. Maybe there wasn't a ton of in-depth discussion of the Panthers, but ... most Vikings fans spent most of the week discussing beating the Packers and how sexy the new stadium is. They need to chill.

With that said, I don't believe we're going to stomp the Panthers. lol. But I hope we do too! :D

:govikes:
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

I thought there was a pretty deep conversation going about the hair on Jim's back.
Sounds a bit petty to be whining about the appearance of the forum. Maybe they are just a real sensitive bunch over there.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Wait, so they are reading all of our posts?

FART!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

The funniest thing about all this is they, for some reason, think they have an all world defense because of one player. When currently they are behind us in yardage and ranked 19th in points allowed through two games. They think they have a better defense than green bay when the stats say otherwise. Jaded is a word that comes to mind. They are in the position they are in because of their offense. period.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Funkytown wrote: I had to go back and check it out. Wow. Some serious hating going on. But, to be fair, the biggest criticisms were towards the "look" of this message board. I don't get it. I love the purple on black. But I understand that hurts people's eyes? Either way, I know Vikings fans who hate the look of this board. I don't mind it at all. However, I don't understand why the banner is so outdated ... and ... plain. Have you guys seen Jim's work? Dude is AMAZING! There is no reason this board isn't way sexier. lol. Hello? Moth? Do something! :D

As far as the insults towards this board and its members, that's just ridiculous. I'm part of a handful of different Vikings message boards, and VMB is one of the best, especially regarding overall football intelligence and conversation. Maybe there wasn't a ton of in-depth discussion of the Panthers, but ... most Vikings fans spent most of the week discussing beating the Packers and how sexy the new stadium is. They need to chill.

With that said, I don't believe we're going to stomp the Panthers. lol. But I hope we do too! :D

:govikes:

Good post. I have seen Jim's work and totally agree, he's super talented.

I also agree that VMB is a rarity for the overall high level of dialogue that goes on here. I used to visit a couple of other sites that gave me the sense that most posters were overgrown adolescents. It was obnoxious. I always left with that feeling of having just eaten junk food--no substance, nothing nutritional gained. VMB is a well balanced diet.

I look forward to today's game because it will be a huge test, especially for our OL, but also for our D. I agree with Kapp, our D is solid, but today will give them a very nice test and we'll be able to gauge just how good we are on D. I really hope Rhodes plays.