Biggest questions heading into next year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Biggest questions heading into next year

Post by mansquatch »

It was Thomas Davis who is a ILB. He is an all pro to boot. I think it is worth dividing the issues on that play. Mkinnon's job in that pass protection is to stone the oncoming blitzer, a task which he obviously failed. Whether the OLINE was supposed to pick him up or not is a separate issue. The RB is there ot pick up the guy that comes free.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I am just stupefied that MC was in and not asiata
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

If i recall correctly. It was Boone who didnt block anyone on that play.

He had a guy on his left and right, he moved left and that guy dropped back. Davis was on his right and charged right through Mckinnon.
Formerly AADPFan
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Grashopa wrote:If i recall correctly. It was Boone who didnt block anyone on that play.

He had a guy on his left and right, he moved left and that guy dropped back. Davis was on his right and charged right through Mckinnon.

My point is that Mckinnon should never be pass protecting when Asiata or a wet bag is available. Hes small
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Grashopa wrote:If i recall correctly. It was Boone who didnt block anyone on that play.

Difficult to say who was assigned to that protection but it was pretty clear either the center or guard messed up. They did a good job of feigning blitz but when you only rush 3 and you have 5 lineman, McKinnon isn't at fault unless it were some sort of screen play (didn't look like it was).