Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by autobon7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Any updates?

User avatar
UKno1VIKING
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 pm
Location: Bradford, UK

Re: Injury News

Post by UKno1VIKING » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:28 am

Will it be Harris coming in for Smith? Or Kearse?

autobon7
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by autobon7 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:12 am

UKno1VIKING wrote:Will it be Harris coming in for Smith? Or Kearse?
I'd like to see more Harris....

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:57 am

@christomasson
#Vikings Harrison Smith has high ankle sprain His grade 3 sprain worst kind of sprained ankle you can get. Out Sunday, rest of year in doubt
7:37 PM - 6 Dec 2016

User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
Contact:

Re: Injury News

Post by Thaumaturgist » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am

halfgiz wrote:@christomasson
#Vikings Harrison Smith has high ankle sprain His grade 3 sprain worst kind of sprained ankle you can get. Out Sunday, rest of year in doubt
7:37 PM - 6 Dec 2016
Dang! That hurts.

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5277
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Injury News

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 am

The injuries for this team just never end. However, I think we're fairly deep at safety. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a Harris/Kearse split based on game situations
Image

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:10 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:The injuries for this team just never end. However, I think we're fairly deep at safety. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a Harris/Kearse split based on game situations
It's been an unreal year. Losing Harry would be a big loss down the stretch.



Our theme song this year should be...Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust"

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5277
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Injury News

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:15 am

halfgiz wrote: It's been an unreal year. Losing Harry would be a big loss down the stretch.



Our theme song this year should be...Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust"
Seriously dude. My goodness. We are officially the most injury riddled team of 2016. Do we get a trophy for that or something??? :lol:
Image

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Seriously dude. My goodness. We are officially the most injury riddled team of 2016. Do we get a trophy for that or something??? :lol:
You would think it would be worth a first round pick as a consolation.

Jordysghost
Packers Suck
Posts: 2992
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by Jordysghost » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:49 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Seriously dude. My goodness. We are officially the most injury riddled team of 2016. Do we get a trophy for that or something??? :lol:
I think we're right up there with you. Been a tough year.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3201
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Injury News

Post by Raptorman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:58 pm

When you look at all the injuries the Vikings have sustained on the O-line and you have to wonder has it had as much effect on the game they play as we think? Well, take a look at the Oakland Raiders. Thursday night they were missing one starter on their O-line. Their Left guard. And what happened? They couldn't run the ball worth a damn. Now while this is very interesting it goes to show you how much one good player not being on the line can affect the whole line. Even if the Viking's o-linemen are not of the same caliber of Oakland guard, it goes to show you how much the drop off can be.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3467
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Injury News

Post by fiestavike » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Raptorman wrote:When you look at all the injuries the Vikings have sustained on the O-line and you have to wonder has it had as much effect on the game they play as we think? Well, take a look at the Oakland Raiders. Thursday night they were missing one starter on their O-line. Their Left guard. And what happened? They couldn't run the ball worth a damn. Now while this is very interesting it goes to show you how much one good player not being on the line can affect the whole line. Even if the Viking's o-linemen are not of the same caliber of Oakland guard, it goes to show you how much the drop off can be.
Oakland built a solid O Line a couple years ago with cast offs and Mike Tice. The Vikings Offensive line over the last three years is the worst I've ever seen play.

User avatar
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:29 am
Contact:

Re: Injury News

Post by Thaumaturgist » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:14 pm


User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:Floyd on IR for the year.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/ ... loyd-on-ir
Be interesting who they move up to the active roster.

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8309
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Injury News

Post by Cliff » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Image
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

cmoss84
Backup
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Re: Injury News

Post by cmoss84 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:49 pm

Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Injury News

Post by S197 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:02 pm

cmoss84 wrote:Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?
He said after the colts, assuming a win.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:44 pm

cmoss84 wrote:Any news on AP? Anyone want to go out on a limb and say he plays this weekend?


@NFLFBGAMETIME
1h
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson plans to practice this week and is aiming for a week 16 return vs Green Bay. Hasn't played since week 2.

Hope the field is decent that week.
I would think that a dome would be an easier start.

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8358
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:41 am

I just read AD said the only way he plays anymore this season is if the get in the playoffs. Maybe Rick can find some kind og running back by then. I know our line has some serious suckage, but MckInnon should be used as a different type of back and Asiata should go back to bagging groceries or whatever he was doing before Rick spotted him. I just kidding, I have no idea who saw Asiata. He is/was good at one thing, that short fast screen pass.

User avatar
Grashopa
Franchise Player
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Injury News

Post by Grashopa » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:22 am

Was just thinking, if Adrian returns on Christmas eve, he will be returning on the same day that he tore his ACL 5 years ago.
Formerly AADPFan

User avatar
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by HardcoreVikesFan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:34 am

Thaumaturgist wrote:Floyd on IR for the year.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/ ... loyd-on-ir
Hard to speculate, and I don't like to, but, I would bet he is experiencing something along the lines of chondromalacia or an osteochondral defect. Neither are good physiological issues to be dealing with.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the last of Shariff Floyd as a Viking.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:46 pm

The Vikings designated Adrian Peterson for return from injured reserve, and announced Peterson will practice... es.pn/2gJ8kW6

5thWave
Backup
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:31 pm
Location: Southwest Missouri

Re: Injury News

Post by 5thWave » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 pm

halfgiz wrote:The Vikings designated Adrian Peterson for return from injured reserve, and announced Peterson will practice... es.pn/2gJ8kW6
He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...

User avatar
Purple Martin
Starter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:08 pm
Location: The Trees

Re: Injury News

Post by Purple Martin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 pm

5thWave wrote: He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...
His return in and of itself is unlikely to hurt, unless it causes our OC and QB to reverse the modest positive changes of late. In theory AP's presence should create opportunities for the passing game but it has rarely worked that way in reality. Perhaps that's because we've had quarterbacks who were unable to take advantage of it, I guess we'll find out. Bradford has the skills to take advantage of those opportunities IMO, but he has also shown the ability to be a checkdown charlotte. If they expect AP to carry the team we're in for a long, unbearable 3 game stretch.

We are Vikings. I will hope for the best but expect the worst, or expect that our "best" will only be a slightly different flavor of the status quo. Which isn't very good. :?
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Transition Player
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: Injury News

Post by Maelstrom88 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:21 pm

I saw Harrison Smith may return this Sunday!
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
allday1991
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by allday1991 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:38 pm

5thWave wrote: He's a once-in-a-lifetime player. We can only hope he's the spark that ignites this team...
Most excited I've been then season since week 5. Glad to hear the cries for McKinnon have stopped as I knew they would. I have full faith that a.p will play good enough when he gets back to prove his value for this team and how bad they need him. Let him go an by the time we "rebuild" Smith will be retired.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson

User avatar
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1631
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am

Re: Injury News

Post by IrishViking » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:13 pm

allday1991 wrote: Most excited I've been then season since week 5. Glad to hear the cries for McKinnon have stopped as I knew they would. I have full faith that a.p will play good enough when he gets back to prove his value for this team and how bad they need him. Let him go an by the time we "rebuild" Smith will be retired.
A 32 year old running back isn't going to lead our team to the future.

More than likely, in true Vikings fashion he will storm in the last three games, run for 780 yards, 8 TDs, lead a three game winning, but we will miss the playoffs, hell receive a monstrous extension this offseason... Then never break 80 yards in a game again. :lol: :oops:

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Injury News

Post by S197 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Maelstrom88 wrote:I saw Harrison Smith may return this Sunday!
Wow that would be great!

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3467
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am

Re: Injury News

Post by fiestavike » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:06 am

IrishViking wrote:
More than likely, in true Vikings fashion he will storm in the last three games, run for 780 yards, 8 TDs, lead a three game winning, but we will miss the playoffs, hell receive a monstrous extension this offseason... Then never break 80 yards in a game again. :lol: :oops:
Sounds about right. We are all about mortgaging the future for mediocrity. Its been one near constant in the history of this franchise.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Injury News

Post by halfgiz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:35 pm

@eric_j_thompson
4m
The #Vikings will roll out their seventh different starting offensive line combination of the season on Sunday vs. the #Colts. pic.twitter.com/X0CwbBE0eR

Post Reply