View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Injury News 
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: Injury News
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 13640667-4

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleMustReign wrote:
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601498488613640667-4

It says AD will play this Sunday!

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601498488613640667-4

It says AD will play this Sunday!

This link suggests its a possibility as well...

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 pm
Fenrir

Harrison Smith, Waynes, Fusco, and Treadwell have been ruled out for Sunday

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:22 pm
Hall of Famer

Treadwell, one of the 5 worst 1st round, 1st picks, Ive ever seen this teem pick. To say we knew he was a bit slow off the ball is like syaing MN sucks in the winter.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:40 am
Rookie

I honestly must wonder how people can say with a straight face that Treadwell has been a bad pick so far. He barely has any playing time to his name. I say give him 2-3 years to get better. Nobody is (or should) be expecting him to magically be a superstar immediately.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:29 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Harry out for the season?

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:57 am
Fenrir

autobon7 wrote:
Harry out for the season?

They may just shut him down for the season. They're not mathematically eliminated but I think his sprain is of the more severe type and while there were indications he may come back, I'm hoping he rests and comes back 100% next year.

Harris could use the reps anyway.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 pm
All Pro Elite Player

@GoesslingESPN
51m
The Vikings had Harrison Smith practicing for the first time in December on Thursday: es.pn/2hXGBOG

Zimmer on Smith: 'He moved pretty good.' #Vikings injury report: startribune.com/zimmer-on-smit…

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 pm
All Pro Elite Player

The Vikings put second-round pick Mackensie Alexander on injured reserve and promoted running back C.J. Ham to... es.pn/2i2uD9g

Sounds like AD is getting shutdown . Hoping Ham has a good showing.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:12 pm
Transition Player

Rhodes Closed wrote:
I honestly must wonder how people can say with a straight face that Treadwell has been a bad pick so far. He barely has any playing time to his name. I say give him 2-3 years to get better. Nobody is (or should) be expecting him to magically be a superstar immediately.

Agree, btw, Treadwell is only 21 years old !!! He's still a kid. He's going to be very good, IMO.
Let him learn the ropes. I was a fan of the pick. Still am. We have the elite slot guy in Diggs, a big play threat in CP, a very good WR in Thielen, and then we have Treadwell.... The Red Zone guy that people all wanted. I think that he's more than that... He absolutely dominated the SEC before he got hurt. Played last year, not even fully recovered from injury. Gets drafted, is able to make a complete recovery and learn the NFL and the offense here. Great situation for the 21 year old kid !!!!

Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:41 pm
All Pro Elite Player

IIsweet wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:

Agree, btw, Treadwell is only 21 years old !!! He's still a kid. He's going to be very good, IMO.
Let him learn the ropes. I was a fan of the pick. Still am. We have the elite slot guy in Diggs, a big play threat in CP, a very good WR in Thielen, and then we have Treadwell.... The Red Zone guy that people all wanted. I think that he's more than that... He absolutely dominated the SEC before he got hurt. Played last year, not even fully recovered from injury. Gets drafted, is able to make a complete recovery and learn the NFL and the offense here. Great situation for the 21 year old kid !!!!

Especially since this staff has a proven history of not giving any significant playing time until the kids are shined up. Seems like every season we have a talk about "X isn't playing why why why" *X finally plays*"Look how good X looks, why didn't they play him earlier!!?" ... "Uh, cause he needed to practice?"

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:13 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

^Its good to see other guys on here that aren't calling Treadwell a bust. Same with Alexander. I've seen that too many times on here and it's quite ridiculous

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:47 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
^Its good to see other guys on here that aren't calling Treadwell a bust. Same with Alexander. I've seen that too many times on here and it's quite ridiculous

What concerns me is they are high round picks that aren't playing, especially in Treadwell's case because we could have used a good red zone presence, something he is supposed to excel at. But one thing Zimmer's staff has proven is an ability to put players in positions to succeed, and they have earned my trust there.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starter

It may be too early to call Treadwell a bust but he has also done nothing to earn himself more playing time. He's had chances, and he's blown all but one. That's why he's not playing. Now he injured himself and can't even play.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:32 am
Transition Player

Peterson OUT today vs Packers. He shouldn't have played last week either. It was a desperation move that was never going to work. Fully understanding and appreciating all he's done to help the organization, its time for both parties to move on. Maybe he can go somewhere and flourish where there are more offensive weapons and maybe we can stop forcing him into games hoping he can carry the load himself again.

And I'm tired of the fumbles, to be honest.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

tmscr wrote:
Peterson OUT today vs Packers. He shouldn't have played last week either. It was a desperation move that was never going to work. Fully understanding and appreciating all he's done to help the organization, its time for both parties to move on. Maybe he can go somewhere and flourish where there are more offensive weapons and maybe we can stop forcing him into games hoping he can carry the load himself again.

Be fun to see Peterson and Bridgewater in Houston in a couple years, or see Teddy take over in AZ if he's able to recover, around the time Palmer and Arians are on their way out. Maybe reunite with Zimmer in the desert in 2018.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:48 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
tmscr wrote:

Be fun to see Peterson and Bridgewater in Houston in a couple years, or see Teddy take over in AZ if he's able to recover, around the time Palmer and Arians are on their way out. Maybe reunite with Zimmer in the desert in 2018.

Sorry but if im looking for a franchise QB im looking for better then TB.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Anyone know of pending surgeries? Just want to see where we ended the season in regards to health.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm
Defensive Tackle

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1848 ... -uncertain

Quote:
Teddy Bridgewater's future with the Minnesota Vikings remains murky, as the quarterback recovers from a torn ACL and left knee dislocation.

Coach Mike Zimmer said Thursday there were still too many factors in Bridgewater's recovery to commit to a specific date for his return.

"He's doing well," Zimmer said, "but we don't know when he'll be back."

Quote:
Bridgewater has not talked to reporters since his injury, and declined interview requests during the Vikings' final open locker room session of the season. The Vikings said on Sept. 9 that Bridgewater had a multiligament reconstruction of his left knee, but have not disclosed which ligaments Bridgewater needed repaired other than his ACL.

I've seen a fair amount of talk about how the Vikings will have a strong QB situation next year with Bradford as the starter and Bridgewater as the backup but honestly, I'm assuming Bridgewater won't be available for at least part of the season, if not all of it. I'm also going to assume his mobility will be considerably reduced even if he can play next season.

The Vikings should probably add backup QB to their list of needs this offseason.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I see your reasoning, but I do not think they can afford it. They'll have two starting QBs under contract. Adding a 3rd would really hit the cap hard. IMO, they'll need to gamble that Bradford can stay healthy with Heinecke as his backup until TB recovers.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 am
Defensive Tackle

mansquatch wrote:
I see your reasoning, but I do not think they can afford it. They'll have two starting QBs under contract. Adding a 3rd would really hit the cap hard. IMO, they'll need to gamble that Bradford can stay healthy with Heinecke as his backup until TB recovers.

At worst a 3rd would probably cost them $2 million but they could simply draft a QB and it wouldn't be cost-prohibitive. I think they consider doing that anyway. I see little point in re-signing Hill and I think they should have 3 QBs.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:42 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

At worst a 3rd would probably cost them $2 million but they could simply draft a QB and it wouldn't be cost-prohibitive. I think they consider doing that anyway. I see little point in re-signing Hill and I think they should have 3 QBs.

Bradford has been in the league closing in on a decade. I'm not sure you need the seasoned vet as a backup with him as your QB. Draft a QB, stuff Teddy on IR, Bradford, Heinecke, Rookie QB will be the depth chart at the position next year.

Maybe Teddy will be back around the time Bradford goes down and lead the Vikings to a home superbowl game. That would be fun.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7