matt kalil continues to be a liability

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: matt kalil continues to be a liability

Post by halfgiz »

Matt Kalil will go on injured reserve with a hip injury, Mike Zimmer said. es.pn/2cu4j48

2m
Mike Zimmer says Matt Kalil is season ending. Surgery

1m
TJ Clemmings takes over a left tackle
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

halfgiz wrote:Matt Kalil will go on injured reserve with a hip injury, Mike Zimmer said. es.pn/2cu4j48

2m

1m

As someone who thinks Kalil is okay when he is healthy, he needs to go.

Hopefully we find a replacement quickly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Not mad about the Kalil news as it stands today. I can't stand him. Get someone out there who actually wants to be.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I have been harping on this for a few years now. Sully was a fools errand, his disc problems were never going to go away. ANY honest MD must have given Spielman the hard truth about him. Loadholts injuries were also very likely to permanently effect him. This was all VERY predictable. Moreover, Kalil has been a bust. The last 2 yrs (at least) it was very clear that he didnt have the tools or the heart to be a top line OL. Again, Spielman ignored it and stuck with the status quo. Fusco is nothing buta journeyman who would be nothing but a backup player on ANY contender. When you lower your standards this low for the OL it makes no difference how much you invest in the QB or RB,etc....they will never succeed because they cant do anything without an OL. I am sick of this. Its fundamental footbball, Its not sexy or complicated. Its not THAT hard to find decent guys at OL. THere may not have been stars available this last years draft but 2-3 AVERAGE guys would have been an upgrade over banking on Loadholt, Sully & Kalil.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

chicagopurple wrote:I have been harping on this for a few years now. Sully was a fools errand, his disc problems were never going to go away. ANY honest MD must have given Spielman the hard truth about him. Loadholts injuries were also very likely to permanently effect him. This was all VERY predictable. Moreover, Kalil has been a bust. The last 2 yrs (at least) it was very clear that he didnt have the tools or the heart to be a top line OL. Again, Spielman ignored it and stuck with the status quo. Fusco is nothing buta journeyman who would be nothing but a backup player on ANY contender. When you lower your standards this low for the OL it makes no difference how much you invest in the QB or RB,etc....they will never succeed because they cant do anything without an OL. I am sick of this. Its fundamental footbball, Its not sexy or complicated. Its not THAT hard to find decent guys at OL. THere may not have been stars available this last years draft but 2-3 AVERAGE guys would have been an upgrade over banking on Loadholt, Sully & Kalil.
I am sure Spielmen ignored all expert advice and laughed villianly as he ignored Olinemen like boone and smith
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:Matt Kalil will go on injured reserve with a hip injury, Mike Zimmer said. es.pn/2cu4j48

2m

1m

Wow.

I hope Clemmings can take a big step forward with his game and play much better on the left side than he played on the right side in 2015.

Injuries are hitting this team hard and we haven't even reached October. :(
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:
Wow.

I hope Clemmings can take a big step forward with his game and play much better on the left side than he played on the right side in 2015.

Injuries are hitting this team hard and we haven't even reached October. :(
That is three of our projected started on the OL! Maybe Sirles will get a loom.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:That is three of our projected started on the OL! Maybe Sirles will get a loom.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Who will we get to back up Clemmings? Any thoughts??

I do kind of feel bad for Clemmings. He was drafted as a project and he keeps getting throwed in...first RT and now LT.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Who will we get to back up Clemmings? Any thoughts??

I do kind of feel bad for Clemmings. He was drafted as a project and he keeps getting throwed in...first RT and now LT.
Sirles I assume
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Too much sense so it won't happen:

Move Boone to LT, Berger to LG and bring back Sully.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Guess we know how the next draft SHOULD go.......
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:Too much sense so it won't happen:

Move Boone to LT, Berger to LG and bring back Sully.
I don't know about Boone at LT ... he's not doing great at the position he was brought in for so far. Sully is probably still a free agent for a reason. My suspicion is that he's got physical problems.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

autobon7 wrote:Guess we know how the next draft SHOULD go.......

Defense, WR, QB, RB? :whistle:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Clemmings at LT may be an upgrade from last Sunday's version of Kalil, at least. He's played injured a lot and I think it's just finally caught up to him.