AD Injury thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: AD Injury thread

Post by mansquatch »

My guess is some of it will have to do with the offensive production in the coming weeks. They are really going to miss him in Charlotte.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

As for why Peterson went through the Delta Lounge when carried to lockerroom:
Andrew Krammer wrote: Wondering why Adrian Peterson wasn't carted off the field last night? It was at Peterson's request. Via @RandBall:

http://www.startribune.com/what-was-up- ... 393985141/
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

mansquatch wrote:My guess is some of it will have to do with the offensive production in the coming weeks. They are really going to miss him in Charlotte.
It might just be me, but I was more worried about GB than I am about CAR. We will be underdogs in CAR and I think our team eats that up. Last time we played them (2014), we didn't have AD and we beat them pretty easily mostly with special teams but also with our defense containing and confusing Cam into making mistakes.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

TSonn wrote: It might just be me, but I was more worried about GB than I am about CAR. We will be underdogs in CAR and I think our team eats that up. Last time we played them (2014), we didn't have AD and we beat them pretty easily mostly with special teams but also with our defense containing and confusing Cam into making mistakes.

Idk, Green Bay manhandled us on several spy plays.

I could see Cam having a rough outing passing and still get over 300 total yards and a couple of TDs.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Looks like Carolina is out their starting RB too:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1758 ... ned-longer
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

What is going on with knees up in Minnesota? First Bridgewater has a horrific knee injury on a simple non-contact drop back in practice, then Rhodes hears something pop in his knee when he's warming up, and now AD gets a torn meniscus on what didn't look to be a very unusual tackle on an inside run. Granted, his foot got caught up under the defender, but still, it wasn't didn't look like it got pinned there or anything.

Just odd the Vikings are seeing so many strange knee injuries.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

VikingLord wrote:What is going on with knees up in Minnesota? First Bridgewater has a horrific knee injury on a simple non-contact drop back in practice, then Rhodes hears something pop in his knee when he's warming up, and now AD gets a torn meniscus on what didn't look to be a very unusual tackle on an inside run. Granted, his foot got caught up under the defender, but still, it wasn't didn't look like it got pinned there or anything.

Knee Gnomes. Typically a Nordic pest. The German Unicorn must have brought them over
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingLord wrote:What is going on with knees up in Minnesota? First Bridgewater has a horrific knee injury on a simple non-contact drop back in practice, then Rhodes hears something pop in his knee when he's warming up, and now AD gets a torn meniscus on what didn't look to be a very unusual tackle on an inside run. Granted, his foot got caught up under the defender, but still, it wasn't didn't look like it got pinned there or anything.

Reminds me of the pectoral issues a few years ago.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I watched Zimmer's press conference, and I would be so frustrated with some of the questions. How many times does he have to say that they are looking at all options with AD's injury before these reporters get it? :steamed:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I watched Zimmer's press conference, and I would be so frustrated with some of the questions. How many times does he have to say that they are looking at all options with AD's injury before these reporters get it? :steamed:

BUT WHO IS STARTING NEXT WEEK AT QB?!?!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

if nothing else it should make teams have to prepare differently than the up the middle
2 yard loss or gain 15-20 times a game... :whistle:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

jackal wrote:if nothing else it should make teams have to prepare differently than the up the middle
2 yard loss or gain 15-20 times a game... :whistle:
It's been quite tiring watching that. :wallbang:
Damian
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

IrishViking wrote:
Knee Gnomes. Typically a Nordic pest. The German Unicorn must have brought them over
I heard it was a Packer spy, but you didn't hear that from me...

:gone:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I don't think I realized this injury had the potential to be so serious when it occured.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

If the Vikings can keep their winning ways then I'm seriously not opposed to letting AP fully heal and get him back just in time for the playoffs. As it was, I was hoping they would use more Asiata and McKinnon early in games and let AP take over in the 4th quarter with the ultimate goal if keeping him fresh for a playoff run anyway.

I think the Vikings can make it work with how different the styles of Asiata and Mckinnon our. It's a nice mix and change of pace. Let this line figure things out and bring AP back in January hungry for that SB.

In reality, this super-human AP will probably "miraculously" be healed up in two weeks. :lol: