Thoughts Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Thoughts Week 2

Post by IrishViking »

Given the timing of our bye and how little our running attack has been producing I would be surprised if they didnt address it right away and let him rest till after the bye.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

jackal wrote:I would like them try and use CP
in the slot next week. Bradford
is more acurate and if he could get
the ball to him in stride it would
be like a kick off return for him.
Agree.....I'd also like to see a little sampling of Wright. I know we cant get all 6 involved but I think he could be a dark horse.....if healthy.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

autobon7 wrote: Agree.....I'd also like to see a little sampling of Wright. I know we cant get all 6 involved but I think he could be a dark horse.....if healthy.
I also agree. I would love to see both Patterson and Wright get more involved with the offense.

Seems to me a QB like Bradford opens the door for a more varied pass offense. But that's only if the OL will protect him.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

IrishViking wrote:Given the timing of our bye and how little our running attack has been producing I would be surprised if they didnt address it right away and let him rest till after the bye.
That might be a good idea, if Mckinnon, asiata and Ham (considering he plays) can move the ball.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: That might be a good idea, if Mckinnon, asiata and Ham (considering he plays) can move the ball.
McKinnon, Asiata and Ham might not be able to do much either. I sure don't expect them to be the answer to the running game.

The blocking has to be there. The Vikings OL isn't opening lanes for anyone to run through.

Well...except for opposing pass rushers and run stoppers.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:McKinnon, Asiata and Ham might not be able to do much either. I sure don't expect them to be the answer to the running game.

The blocking has to be there. The Vikings OL isn't opening lanes for anyone to run through.

Well...except for opposing pass rushers and run stoppers.
:lol: That's the line of the week!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

SP1966 wrote: Didn't CJ hurt his hamstring in preseason? It has to be difficult to play fast with on busted wheel. My bigger concern is what it says about Treadwell that he cannot beat out an injured, underperforming starter.
That surprises you? They didn't start diggs til week 4 last year and that surprises you....
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

I'm fairly convinced turner has a god complex. And zim is so focused on the defense he lets him get away with it
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Boon wrote:I'm fairly convinced turner has a god complex. And zim is so focused on the defense he lets him get away with it
Exactly.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Boon wrote:I'm fairly convinced turner has a god complex. And zim is so focused on the defense he lets him get away with it

I have the same concern.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This seemed like a good thread in which to post this quote from Gregg Rosenthal's weekly "Winners and Losers" column:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... stand-tall
Minnesota's franchise quarterback is out for the season and his future is uncertain. The greatest player in franchise history, Adrian Peterson, was carried to the locker room after injuring his knee past fans enjoying the team's shiny new stadium. Yet the Vikings are one of this season's early standouts because they keep battling. And winning.

Sunday night's 17-14 victory over Green Bay was a reminder that the NFC North can't simply be handed to the Packers. For one night, America witnessed Sam Bradford outplaying Aaron Rodgers. Anything is possible. Bradford withstood 10 QB hits and four sacks to deliver a number of pretty throws, often to breakout No. 1 receiver Stefon Diggs.

Loving the Vikings is never simple and this stadium-christening victory will cause mixed emotions because of Peterson's injury, not to mention the team's leaky offensive line. But this is also a squad that Vikings fans can get behind. Their defense comes at teams with waves of pressure and effort. If Linval Joseph and Everson Griffen don't hit you, Brian Robison or Anthony Barr will. Their secondary forced Aaron Rodgers to hold the ball and improvise too often, leading to three fumbles and a disjointed offense.

Many of these themes were similar late last season when the Vikings stole a division title that has often felt like Rodgers' birthright. Minnesota is missing some big names this time around, but they won't go away easily.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:This seemed like a good thread in which to post this quote from Gregg Rosenthal's weekly "Winners and Losers" column:

I like AP, but "greatest player in franchise history?"

There are 11 Vikings players actually IN the HOF who might take exception to that notion.

(But it's still a good read ... thanks for posting!)
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:This seemed like a good thread in which to post this quote from Gregg Rosenthal's weekly "Winners and Losers" column:

Its a little odd reading a lot of these write ups. It feels like its 2012 or something. Rodgers has been mortal for a couple of years now. seems like he gets out played or at least matched in about half his games if not more. Its not that surprising when he gets out played, and Peterson, with weight, given to his past performance, isn't coming off of his Dickerson chase. He is solid but its not like our season is suddenly in limbo without a running game :lol:

I get it, they are just trying to fill lines and It is tough watching Peterson go down, Idk, I didn't really feel much when it happened, maybe that's just me. For all our back and forth on here, I know what he is. But I really didn't react any differently then watching any player go down "oh crap that sucks. Hes, walking, looks like he'll live. Good. Next play"

Just seems weird is all. :?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:I like AP, but "greatest player in franchise history?"

There are 11 Vikings players actually IN the HOF who might take exception to that notion.
Yes, that should have read "one of the greatest". :)
(But it's still a good read ... thanks for posting!)
You're welcome. I posted it mainly for the part about the defense coming "at teams with waves of pressure and effort" and the last sentence ("Minnesota is missing some big names this time around, but they won't go away easily").

I get the feeling that's true. This team has a lot of fight in it.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:Its a little odd reading a lot of these write ups. It feels like its 2012 or something. Rodgers has been mortal for a couple of years now. seems like he gets out played or at least matched in about half his games if not more. Its not that surprising when he gets out played, and Peterson, with weight, given to his past performance, isn't coming off of his Dickerson chase. He is solid but its not like our season is suddenly in limbo without a running game :lol:

I get it, they are just trying to fill lines and It is tough watching Peterson go down, Idk, I didn't really feel much when it happened, maybe that's just me. For all our back and forth on here, I know what he is. But I really didn't react any differently then watching any player go down "oh crap that sucks. Hes, walking, looks like he'll live. Good. Next play"

Just seems weird is all. :?
You focused on entirely different aspects of Rosenthal's comments than those that prompted me to post them but I hear where you're coming from. :)