Gameday food thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Gameday food thread

Post by Texas Vike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Whoa! Same neck of the woods. I grew up in Western Washington (live there (here?) now). You're right though...Breweries everywhere! Those two you mentioned are staples, but my preference when I'm out is a Mac & Jack's or a Manny's Pale Ale from a brewery in Seattle.

Today though?...I can't tell you tell you the varieties...My wife and I visited my homeboy on the Eastside last night and lo and behold, the damn grocery store had a 'build your own 6-pack.' I grabbed a couple I recognized (Lagunitas, Big Wave Golden Ale (which both are coincidentally from California brewing companies)) and the rest I can't remember. I can envision the bottle, but I didn't take the time to study what I was drinking. smh...Vikings were in a heated battle, no time to memorize! :lol:
Lagunitas makes some good brews. VMB poster The Breeze (where's he gone?) turned me on to Lil sumpin' sumpin' some years back, that's still one of my favorites. We get lots of CO and CA beers here in TX, but not too much from the Pacific NW. I need to get back up there to see some friends (and, of course, have some beers with them! :lol: )
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Texas Vike wrote: Lagunitas makes some good brews. VMB poster The Breeze (where's he gone?) turned me on to Lil sumpin' sumpin' some years back, that's still one of my favorites. We get lots of CO and CA beers here in TX, but not too much from the Pacific NW. I need to get back up there to see some friends (and, of course, have some beers with them! :lol: )
Sumpin' sumpin' is great...Good bang for the buck.

My Uncle lives in Texas and I know my Dad plans to visit soon...Heard nothing but good things...I might try to tag along.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sumpin' sumpin' is great...Good bang for the buck.

My Uncle lives in Texas and I know my Dad plans to visit soon...Heard nothing but good things...I might try to tag along.
Texas has been pretty good to me, but I always miss the great outdoors. Apart from Big Bend (which is 8-10 hours away from TX's major cities) there's a lot less scenery here than WA or MN (or other places I've lived).

Lots of good people down this way, loads of excellent music, and sunshine is abundant :thumbsup: