Bradford: "I think it gets better every day"

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Bradford: "I think it gets better every day"

Post by Mothman »

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Bradford- ... --47467245
Speaking to reporters prior to practice on Wednesday, Bradford conveyed his thoughts on how he's progressed since joining the Vikings almost two weeks ago.

"I think it gets better every day," said Bradford. "It's much better now than it was at this point last week. Being able to go through a week of practice, being at the game and hearing the play calls and visualizing the game it in my head, I feel much better now."
"I felt comfortable with the game plan last week," Bradford explained. "Obviously it's not the same game plan this week, but there are similarities. Just hearing the language last week and being around the game planning process and understanding how it goes here, I think we can definitely have a full game plan.

"I feel good about all the checks from last week and I feel good about all of the ones we've put in this week thus far."

Even if Bradford does get the start this week, the Packers are still expected to sell out against the run. For the new Vikings quarterback, it's all about trying to free up the running game as much as possible.

"Regardless of what you do in the pass game, people are going to crowd the box," the former Oklahoma Sooner said. "The more effective you are throwing the football, it makes them at least think about unloading some of those guys."
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bradford: "I think it gets better every day"

Post by IrishViking »

Good to hear :)

But honestly what else is he gonna say?

"Jesus Christ, I don't understand ####" Said a clearly perspiring Bradford, "These checks? Hot reads? Audibles? It may as well be Ancient Greek." Wild eyed he continued and leaned in with a whisper "At the game I followed literally nothing, I didn't even know if they were running or passing till halfway through the play." As we left, Bradford looked up from the scribbles he was frantically putting on his hand. "If you bump into Norv you say I am doing great okay?"
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

IrishViking wrote:Good to hear :)

"Jesus Christ, I don't understand ####" Said a clearly perspiring Bradford, "These checks? Hot reads? Audibles? It may as well be Ancient Greek." Wild eyed he continued and leaned in with a whisper "At the game I followed literally nothing, I didn't even know if they were running or passing till halfway through the play." As we left, Bradford looked up from the scribbles he was frantically putting on his hand. "If you bump into Norv you say I am doing great okay?"
:rofl: Thanks for the laugh!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

IrishViking wrote:Good to hear :)

:appl:

Post of the day!
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

A spoon fed article for fans, want to hear exactly that.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Thursday Bradford starred with ones
I am not sure about today; did anyone
here if Bradford played with ones again?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

He is starting. Espn is reporting it. Kfan is reporting it. Everyone knows it.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

It's no big deal they are announcing he is starting. Hoping Bradford's arm can open up AD's running game.

Here's hoping the refs call a good game tomorrow night. :beerock:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Norv Zimmer wrote:He is starting. Espn is reporting it. Kfan is reporting it. Everyone knows it.
My thoughts too. (Though I haven't noticed anyone announcing that fact yet)

I know McCarthy stated at the beginning of the week they completely expect it to be Bradford, I doubt the preparation is much different regardless.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote:
Here's hoping the refs call a good game tomorrow night. :beerock:
Im sure regardless of the calls made tommorow night, the resulting handwringing and ref blaming will be largely the same.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: Im sure regardless of the calls made tommorow night, the resulting handwringing and ref blaming will be largely the same.
Yeah, you Packer fans never let up with that stuff. ;)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote: Yeah, you Packer fans never let up with that stuff. ;)
Aww - You beat me to the punch :tongue:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Zimmer's was pretty ticked that his players leaked last week and wasn't sure he'd tell them so there is maybe a 3% chance this is a massive smokescreen.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

So Bradford might be the strongest armed QB we've had sine Favre. Viking strong armed QBs have done well for the most part the last 20 years. Cunningham, Culpepper, Favre...