Trae Waynes could have a big role against Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Trae Waynes could have a big role against Packers

Post by Mothman »

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/ ... st-packers
This year, whether the Vikings were ready to or not, they've had to rely on Waynes early. Rhodes missed time in the preseason with a hamstring injury, and Newman also dealt with a nagging leg injury that cost him time in training camp and the preseason. Then, on Sunday, Rhodes felt a pop in his right knee while stretching before Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans. Waynes took his place at right cornerback, competing in coverage as Marcus Mariota looked his way often.

As Rhodes watched practice with a bulky brace on his knee, it looked possible the Vikings would have to lean on Waynes again this week, as the Kenosha, Wisconsin, native's home-state team comes to town. If Waynes is in the lineup against the Green Bay Packers, it's fair to assume Aaron Rodgers will test him, so the 11th overall pick in last year's draft will need to be ready.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Trae Waynes could have a big role against Packers

Post by IrishViking »

I expect him to get burned for one and maybe get a PI call against him
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Some Packer fans think he is already a bust because he is not starting. I think that Zimmer is just bringing him along under his own plan.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Am I the only one who is more worried about Newman giving up the big play than Waynes?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

808vikingsfan wrote:Am I the only one who is more worried about Newman giving up the big play than Waynes?

I have enough faith that if it does happen it will more be a undefensable pass from ARs or good coverage but a lucky break. But it could happen