Vikings vs. Packers on SNF

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings vs. Packers on SNF

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Zimmer told Green Bay media he might not tell #Vikings players who starts at QB to prevent leaks. Committed to the bit, I guess.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mike Zimmer told Green Bay media he might not start a QB so no one would ever know
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

IrishViking wrote:Mike Zimmer told Green Bay media he might not start a QB so no one would ever know
Wildcat? Brilliant!
Damian
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Put Mckinnon and CP84 back there and run the Wildcat! They will never expect it!
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Thinking about ways to beat the Packers and here is my main idea. I think the Vikings should put in a extra lineman or run 2 TE and power run the ball. The Packers are pretty thin at DL and linebacker from what I have seen/read, it would be in the Vikings benefit to tire them out and run it down their throats.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Thinking about ways to beat the Packers and here is my main idea. I think the Vikings should put in a extra lineman or run 2 TE and power run the ball. The Packers are pretty thin at DL and linebacker from what I have seen/read, it would be in the Vikings benefit to tire them out and run it down their throats.

I wasn't able to see last week's game, but from the sounds of it, the run blocking was horrendous. I picture your vision and see AD just running into a wall and falling over ad infinitum!. We might just tire everyone out (including the fans) and score 0 offensive points once again.

I'm hoping for a balanced attack that includes lots of Diggs and Rudy and a fair bit of CP84.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I wasn't able to see last week's game, but from the sounds of it, the run blocking was horrendous. I picture your vision and see AD just running into a wall and falling over ad infinitum!. We might just tire everyone out (including the fans) and score 0 offensive points once again.
Here's a taste of it for you:

I call this one "Swarmed in the Backfield"...

... and this one "Boone Whiffs":

Note how the defender has almost reached Peterson as the latter is receiving the handoff! Then, just seconds later, the tackling begins:

Curse that over-the-hill runner! :tongue:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Thinking about ways to beat the Packers and here is my main idea. I think the Vikings should put in a extra lineman or run 2 TE and power run the ball. The Packers are pretty thin at DL and linebacker from what I have seen/read, it would be in the Vikings benefit to tire them out and run it down their throats.
This is more or less what they've been doing for years. Last year they would bring in Austin Shepherd as the extra lineman or utilize a lot of 2 TE formations. As long as you don't get down by too much this tends to work, the problem is this type of offense makes it hard to catch up from behind.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

S197 wrote: This is more or less what they've been doing for years. Last year they would bring in Austin Shepherd as the extra lineman or utilize a lot of 2 TE formations. As long as you don't get down by too much this tends to work, the problem is this type of offense makes it hard to catch up from behind.
You would lose 99 oit of 100 times, vs a team that has a legit NFL passing game.
This space available for rent.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

PurpleHalo wrote: You would lose 99 oit of 100 times, vs a team that has a legit NFL passing game.
Not if your defense is good.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Jordysghost wrote: Thats your opinion and I respect it. I disagree however, his numbers in a 4-3 would be out of this world as would his disruption.
So you are trying to say, only 3/4 linemen qualify in your discussion as best in the division. Hunter and Griff are both DL, not 3/4 LBers. And however you want to catigorize them, they are going to be all over 12 on Sunday night.
This space available for rent.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

I've watched every packer game the past few years and admit that Mike Daniels is a fine player, but he's only a borderline pro bowl type guy. After he got his new contract last year his play dropped off a noticeable amount. Maybe it was injuries, but either way he has nothing on Linval. Linval consistently dominated last year while battling through injuries. I'm sure you will be able to cherry pick stats to try and defend your argument, but you are flat out wrong on this one. Linval is an all-pro talent at DT, Daniels is not quite there.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleHalo wrote: So you are trying to say, only 3/4 linemen qualify in your discussion as best in the division. Hunter and Griff are both DL, not 3/4 LBers. And however you want to catigorize them, they are going to be all over 12 on Sunday night.
No that is not what im trying to say, at all.

Yes, obviously hunter and Griffen aren't 3-4 OLBs, they are the 4-3 counterpart of that as the DEs are the primary pass rushers in that system.

Im not worried, Everson will have his hands full with Bahktiari as usual, Bulaga on Hunter is also a matchup I feel good about, I think Rodgers will have plenty room to step up in the pocket, Floyd on Taylor is probably your best bet for muddying that pocket.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

beerfan wrote:I've watched every packer game the past few years and admit that Mike Daniels is a fine player, but he's only a borderline pro bowl type guy. After he got his new contract last year his play dropped off a noticeable amount. Maybe it was injuries, but either way he has nothing on Linval. Linval consistently dominated last year while battling through injuries. I'm sure you will be able to cherry pick stats to try and defend your argument, but you are flat out wrong on this one. Linval is an all-pro talent at DT, Daniels is not quite there.
First off, no Daniels didn't drop off, last year was his best year.

Second off, cherry pick stats? You say that as if tackles aren't the ONLY thing Linval has on Daniels, and that should be a given being that he is a 4-3 DT and not a 3-4 NT, in fact, he should have more sacks and QB hurries as well, but he doesn't. You say he has nothing on Linval, but it looks to me like Linval has nothing on Daniels.

Daniels consistently dominates and puts up numbers from a spot where dominating and putting up numbers is rare, is there an actual statistical reason why im supposed to take Linval over Daniels? Because im not seeing it.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

This Daniels vs Linval talk has effectively taken over half this thread unfortunately.

Im done on that subject, lets get back to Sunday Night Football.