Green bay fans invading our purple palace

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Green bay fans invading our purple palace

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wonder how the Packer fans enjoyed their stay at the new stadium. Who was it that said Rogers doesnt get rattled? :tongue:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

It didn't seem like a high number
of green bay fans to me.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wonder how the Packer fans enjoyed their stay at the new stadium. Who was it that said Rogers doesnt get rattled? :tongue:
Rodgers has been shook since Seattle took his soul in the NFCCG a couple years ago. Denver reinforced it last season. Their great start last season was a mirage...Dude is lost. McCarthy gotta go, but for the Vikings sake, I hope he stays.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

jackal wrote:It didn't seem like a high number
of green bay fans to me.
I agree. It was a smaller percentage than I expected. Just enough to keep it interesting, not enough to be annoying. Only heard 1 attempted go pack go chant inside. The drive after they scored the first TD.
They got pretty quiet after that.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

They were very quiet and I imagine more outnumbered than in games before. Not a single "go pack go" chant.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

S197 wrote:They were very quiet and I imagine more outnumbered than in games before. Not a single "go pack go" chant.

Its the typical Green Bay attitude.

We have the best team.

All of minnesota are secretly Packer fans.

:puke:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/vikings/20160918/

If you went to the game, try and find yourself!
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

S197 wrote:https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/vikings/20160918/

If you went to the game, try and find yourself!
Found us yesterday as soon as they posted it!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

S197 wrote:They were very quiet and I imagine more outnumbered than in games before. Not a single "go pack go" chant.
And ... it was amazing. I'd say it was 90-95% Vikings fans, and that's WAY more than the past few years (this was my 4th Vikings-Packers game in a row).
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I am glad thats how it turned out. I was in Downtown for a wedding Saturday Night and ALL I saw were Packer fans.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Just some random observations from the game:

If you want the jersey of a key Viking player, Kendricks is a good choice. Saw very few of them.

If you want to see the giant doors open, they do it right before the regular doors open.

The lower concourse is below street level as most people know. After the game there are exits immediately behind the seats but they lead to a VERY small outdoor path. I think it's faster to walk up to street level and walk out one of the main gates.

They did the Icelandic chant, I want to say 3 times. The first time was rather bad as it's hard to get 60k+ people to get the pause after the drum beat right. But by the third time it was good and pretty awesome.

Food is expensive as expected but there's a good variety. I saw everything from lamb, to fried chicken, to brisket, to your usual stadium foods.

WiFi is free in the stadium. I was getting amazing download speeds early on (50mbps) but I did get disconnected once or twice. It's a nice addition and will probably get better w/ time.

Make sure you go to the gate listed on your ticket. They won't let you in if you try and go in a different gate (that's what I heard anyway).
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:Just some random observations from the game:

If you want the jersey of a key Viking player, Kendricks is a good choice. Saw very few of them.

If you want to see the giant doors open, they do it right before the regular doors open.

The lower concourse is below street level as most people know. After the game there are exits immediately behind the seats but they lead to a VERY small outdoor path. I think it's faster to walk up to street level and walk out one of the main gates.

They did the Icelandic chant, I want to say 3 times. The first time was rather bad as it's hard to get 60k+ people to get the pause after the drum beat right. But by the third time it was good and pretty awesome.

Food is expensive as expected but there's a good variety. I saw everything from lamb, to fried chicken, to brisket, to your usual stadium foods.

WiFi is free in the stadium. I was getting amazing download speeds early on (50mbps) but I did get disconnected once or twice. It's a nice addition and will probably get better w/ time.

Make sure you go to the gate listed on your ticket. They won't let you in if you try and go in a different gate (that's what I heard anyway).
I hope they get better at doing the chant because I think they went too slowly with the drums.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I thought the Icelandic chant went pretty well after the first try, I agree that the drums need to speed up . only like two Packer jerseys in our section , which was fine by me!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Awesome, would have loved to be there. the Prince tribute sounded great too! Very cool to include that in the stadium opening.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins