Who will win the starting SS spot?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew Sendejo
45%
Anthony Harris
10%
Michael Griffin
30%
Antone Exum
No votes
Jayron Kearse
15%
Someone Else?
No votes

Total votes: 20

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I can't stand Sendejo so I have to look in another direction here, I'm going out on a limb and saying Harris
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Who will win the starting SS spot?

Post by jackal »

I think Sendajo gets it.. but I think Harris has the most upside...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

To me this is the most interesting battle on the team.

I keep going back and forth between Harris and Sandejo, but it would sure be a good sign if Kearse won it, in my opinion.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:I think Sendajo gets it.. but I think Harris has the most upside...
Agree. Harris just needs to be more consistent. He saw a small amount of first-team reps yesterday. Not sure how he did with them but that has to be a positive sign. We'll see if he makes an appearance there today.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:To me this is the most interesting battle on the team.

I keep going back and forth between Harris and Sandejo, but it would sure be a good sign if Kearse won it, in my opinion.
Kearse is intriguing. All over this defense there is a ton of length, from Griffin and Hunter, to Barr, Lamur, Edmond Robinson, Xavier and possibly Kearse. If they can be that long and tall and still be position in makes for mighty small windows.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Jordysghost wrote:To me this is the most interesting battle on the team.

Have to agree with Jordy here....the staff obviously likes Sendejo but I'm partial to Harris. If Kearse could make a big splash that would be fantastic. (Jordy go watch that video.....lol)
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Sounds like Kearse is having the best camp so far... that's a good thing especially at 6'4

that is going to make it tough on QB's to fit balls in the second level...

MoBo sounds to be struggling partially due to Stave and Old man river's inability to throw a consistent
ball. Hoping we get Heinken brewing company back soon....
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The biggest hurdle I think the younger guys will have is making good decisions. If you make a mistake at Safety it can quickly lead to touchdowns and lost games. I think that gives Sandejo an edge, albeit a small one. If one of those young guys can find some consistency then Sandejo is far from a lock.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'd prefer the veteran Griffin end up with it. Safety play outside of Smith has been ugly, and that includes Sendejo.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:I'd prefer the veteran Griffin end up with it. Safety play outside of Smith has been ugly, and that includes Sendejo.
I agree but the one game that Harris started and had no prior playing experience, he showed very well. i keep hearing they are taking a hard look at Exum I'm not really sure why. I wasnt ever the biggest fan of him. I would take Harris over him any day. Harris is a straight up ball hawk. And showed well in run support vs Arizona. He had around 8 tackles or so
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've yet to hear anything bad about Sendejo from the tweets and even some positive stuff. He was bafflingly bad at times last year but I think he has the physical ability to be a decent starter. If he worked on some of the mental stuff this offseason (being in position, realizing he's not a human missile, etc.) he might be alright next to Smith.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:I've yet to hear anything bad about Sendejo from the tweets and even some positive stuff. He was bafflingly bad at times last year but I think he has the physical ability to be a decent starter. If he worked on some of the mental stuff this offseason (being in position, realizing he's not a human missile, etc.) he might be alright next to Smith.
He's good in run support but a liability in coverage. I've had enough of that. Pulling for Harris/Kearse
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: He's good in run support but a liability in coverage. I've had enough of that. Pulling for Harris/Kearse
Has Kearse gotten any work with the 2s yet?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Has Kearse gotten any work with the 2s yet?
I think a bit. Not a lot.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

just based on notes from camp, Harris sounds like a good bet.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins