Straight Cash, Homey!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Straight Cash, Homey!

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: You didn't say you were salty but it seems pretty obvious. We're on page four of this thread and half of the posts are you talking about how terrible this act was and how Moss is classless and a D bag and yada yada.

You're discussing this like it happened a week ago ... seems pretty over seasoned to me.
I didn't say it was 'terrible' I said it was undignified and not in the best taste, my biggest point in this thread was that to try and deny that such a thing wasn't, is clearly nothing more then a load of homeristic nonsense.

Your comment about me 'Talking about this as if it happened a week ago.' Is about as hyperbolic as every other exaggerated insinuation superimposing feelings and viewpoints upon me, in this thread.

I do belive both of those things stated above (Classless, D bag etc.) but it is hardly ONLY because of his gesture.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Cliff wrote: You didn't say you were salty but it seems pretty obvious. We're on page four of this thread and half of the posts are you talking about how terrible this act was and how Moss is classless and a D bag and yada yada.

You're discussing this like it happened a week ago ... seems pretty over seasoned to me.

8)
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: I didn't say it was 'terrible' I said it was undignified and not in the best taste, my biggest point in this thread was that to try and deny that such a thing wasn't, is clearly nothing more then a load of homeristic nonsense.

Your comment about me 'Talking about this as if it happened a week ago.' Is about as hyperbolic as every other exaggerated insinuation superimposing feelings and viewpoints upon me, in this thread.

I do belive both of those things stated above (Classless, D bag etc.) but it is hardly ONLY because of his gesture.
Moss was a disgrace, but you are picking the wrong horse to ride this point home on Jordy...although I sense you are trying to dismount while heading down the stretch and jump on a winner.

Moss quiting on his team on several occasions was inexcusable. The 'mooning' was much ado about nothing.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Moss was a disgrace, but you are picking the wrong horse to ride this point home on Jordy...although I sense you are trying to dismount while heading down the stretch and jump on a winner.

Moss quiting on his team on several occasions was inexcusable. The 'mooning' was much ado about nothing.
But it wasn't, if it was, why was he fined for it, and why haven't we seen anything comparable both before and after?

My point was never that Randy's actions that night were terrible or unforgivable, but they WERE in bad taste, and they WERE immature, my biggest point on the topic of his gesture was that to actually try to imply that they weren't those two things, takes a whole heaping load homerism.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:I didn't say it was 'terrible' I said it was undignified and not in the best taste, my biggest point in this thread was that to try and deny that such a thing wasn't, is clearly nothing more then a load of homeristic nonsense.
Undignified and not in the best taste ... is your opinion. In my opinion, Rodgers "discount doublecheck" is undignified. Undignified meaning to "appear foolish and unseemly; lacking in dignity".

So, what you're saying, is that you really don't care about this incident. To you, Randy Moss is classless and a d-bag but that's really all.

That's one sentence. One comment. You just seem mad, bro.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
My point was never that Randy's actions that night were terrible or unforgivable, but they WERE in bad taste, and they WERE immature,
I woudn't 100 percent disagree, but given what is now "normal" behavior for NFL players it appears downright tame and humorous. We have dreadful sportsmanship from players like Cam Newton as par for the course. We have Aaron Rodgers doing his obnoxiouc double check. Sadly, outside of a few players, there is almost no dignity, maturity or good taste left in the NFL.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Undignified and not in the best taste ... is your opinion. In my opinion, Rodgers "discount doublecheck" is undignified. Undignified meaning to "appear foolish and unseemly; lacking in dignity".
So, what you're saying, is that you really don't care about this incident. To you, Randy Moss is classless and a d-bag but that's really all.

That's one sentence. One comment. You just seem mad, bro.
If that is your opinion, that is your opinion, and I respect it, but to me, celebration isn't undignified or in poor taste in its own right, but pointed gesture made out of contempt at opposing fans is something else entirely, and it is something Rodgers has never done. (At least, to the best of my knowledge)

I care about the incident in the sense that I have common sense based knowledge on how to not be an awful sportsman, but I hardly take his gesture personal, I take the TD that brought about his gesture far, far more personally, tbh.

That would be one sentence if I didn't need to constantly correct hyperbole emmiting fans from continuously trying to put words in my mouth, at any rate you still seem confused, the majority of this thread my point has been that trying to defend his gesture as not being in poor taste is nothing less then homeristic and delusional, NOT that his gesture was so terrible, or that im so offended, or that it hurt my feelings, or any of the misguided sentiments that so many seem to insist on insinuating upon me whenever this topic arises.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Jordysghost wrote: I will watch it a little bit later and I will let you know what I think. :thumbsup:

Did you get a chance to watch the vid?
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Jordysghost wrote:
Where did I ever say that I was salty about what Randy did? I simply stated that Randy's gesture that night was classless, and that Randy is a collosal D Bag, both of those things are true, and practically anyone who isn't a Vikings fan would tend to agree.
Actually, Randy is not a D Bag as many people think. He has his moments, but is one of the most approachable people when it come to doing charity work. He always has been. You just don't hear about it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote:Actually, Randy is not a D Bag as many people think. He has his moments, but is one of the most approachable people when it come to doing charity work. He always has been. You just don't hear about it.
With as much money as Randy has, I certainly hope he has.

Im sure TO and Keyshawn have made several generous donations as well, just saying.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

autobon7 wrote:
Did you get a chance to watch the vid?
No, I haven't but I will make sure to do so today.