2016 NFL Draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

2016 NFL Draft thread

Post by dead_poet »

Happy Draftsmas VMB. Round 1 tonight. Who do you want? If you haven't checked out the R1 poll created in the draft section, head over there and vote!

What are some of your predictions? Here are some of my "hot taeks":

1) Myles Jack falls out of the top-10
2) There is at least one more trade in the top-10
3) Three quarterbacks are somehow chosen in R1 (I'm tempted to put four here)
4) At least three wide receivers are chosen in R1 despite being a "weak" class
5) Colin Kaepernick is traded
6) Zeke "falls" out of the top-10
7) Will Fuller or Cory Coleman will be the first receiver drafted
8) Eli Apple will be a first round pick
9) IF Zeke goes in the top-10, it will be due to a trade
10) Myles Jack isn't selected tonight
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2016 NFL Draft thread

Post by Mothman »

Happy Draftsmas!

I don't know what to predict so I'll just predict that fans all over the country will be enraged about the choice(s) their team makes tonight and fans around the country will also think their team made a brilliant move (or moves). :)

I think you're probably right about 3 QBs going in R1.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

After reading so many draft mocks by professional sportsmen, it sounds as if a WR for the #23 pick is a sure thing. Baring a swap of pick with Rick trying to get the best value.

I think we walk away with Docston. Both Docston and Treadwell are pretty even for me, and may be worth the 23rd pick. I wouldnt mind a solid G, C or OT that knows his position well, and isnt a project player. Someone who can step up and play the first regular season game. Zek will never be there but that would be nice. I even would cry too hard if we got Henry with the pick. That guy can do it all, unlike the billion dollar man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Via Eric Galco:
High-level #Vikings front office member has Treadwell over Doctson. Doctson may not be there, but even if so, still could be Treadwell at WR
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Via Darren Wolfson:
#Vikings 2017 OL has lots of questions ('16 too?). They'll go OL at some point. Hear they like Decker. I'd be surprised if he fell to 23.
I dig Decker.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I want them to get Carl Joseph.

I could see a trade back scenario where they grab Joseph and then get an earlier shot at one of the DTs.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

If Myles Jack falls like you are projecting, do you think Vikings get him since we could use him at LB. Having an UCLA LB core would be amazing. Seems like a classic Rick move to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to grab Jack. Or trade to the top of the 2nd.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:After reading so many draft mocks by professional sportsmen, it sounds as if a WR for the #23 pick is a sure thing. Baring a swap of pick with Rick trying to get the best value.

I think we walk away with Docston. Both Docston and Treadwell are pretty even for me, and may be worth the 23rd pick. I wouldnt mind a solid G, C or OT that knows his position well, and isnt a project player. Someone who can step up and play the first regular season game. Zek will never be there but that would be nice. I even would cry too hard if we got Henry with the pick. That guy can do it all, unlike the billion dollar man.
I agree. Treadwell and Doctson are really a "1a/1b" for me. I wouldn't be upset with either. The only one I could truly say I'd be upset with is Fuller. There are some good defensive prospects that should be around at that time and some good offensive lineman.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eliot wrote:If Myles Jack falls like you are projecting, do you think Vikings get him since we could use him at LB. Having an UCLA LB core would be amazing. Seems like a classic Rick move to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to grab Jack. Or trade to the top of the 2nd.
If I was Sugarman I'd be able to tell you. I'd take him at 23 knowing what I think I know. Or trade back up for him a la Harrison Smith.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

As much as I would like to see either Tunsil or Stanley take over the left tackle spot ,I do't think Rick will want to give up what it would take to move up to get them. If Treadwell is still there at #23, I hope we take him , he may not have burner speed, but he reminds me so much of Larry Fitzgerald and who wouldn't be happy with that kind of production?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Happy Draftsmas VMB. Round 1 tonight. Who do you want? If you haven't checked out the R1 poll created in the draft section, head over there and vote!

What are some of your predictions? Here are some of my "hot taeks":

1) Myles Jack falls out of the top-10
2) There is at least one more trade in the top-10
3) Three quarterbacks are somehow chosen in R1 (I'm tempted to put four here)
4) At least three wide receivers are chosen in R1 despite being a "weak" class
5) Colin Kaepernick is traded
6) Zeke "falls" out of the top-10
7) Will Fuller or Cory Coleman will be the first receiver drafted
8) Eli Apple will be a first round pick
9) IF Zeke goes in the top-10, it will be due to a trade
10) Myles Jack isn't selected tonight
I'm thinking 4 QB's in the first.

I have been hearing the WR run is going to start with the Jets.

Myles Jack pick is going to be interesting...

You think we will get Apple? :?:

It will defiantly be interesting to see who Rick & Zim pick in round 1.
Last edited by halfgiz on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

My prediction is with everyone predicting WR at 23 the vikings go defense.

Reggie Ragland with the 23rd pick
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Mothman wrote:Happy Draftsmas!

I don't know what to predict so I'll just predict that fans all over the country will be enraged about the choice(s) their team makes tonight and fans around the country will also think their team made a brilliant move (or moves). :)

I think you're probably right about 3 QBs going in R1.
Happy Draftsmas!!
I am already pissed off at the pick, and the Vikes don't draft for another 8 hours!!!!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Norv Zimmer wrote:My prediction is with everyone predicting WR at 23 the vikings go defense.

Reggie Ragland with the 23rd pick
Wow...The former Alabama linebacker was flagged for an enlarged aorta and some NFL clubs have lowered Ragland on their draft boards as a result

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... rged-aorta
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Daniel Jeremiah's final draft is out:

#22 Will Fuller
#23 Treadwell (Vikings)
#24 Coleman
#28 Doctson

That is a TIGHT grouping of WR needy teams.