2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign »

fiestavike wrote: Even if they Keep Floyd, they have to acknowledge that he is not only injury prone but shockingly inconsistent. Just when he starts to look elite he'll start spinning himself out of position against the run, creating gaping holes or have an inexplicably slow motor performance. I don't think he can be counted on as anything other than high upside depth at this juncture. Shamar Stephen is fundamentally sound enough to be considered the starting DT for next season, and I think that does indicate there is a need at the position.
Would Floyd get a legitimate offer from another team?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Would Floyd get a legitimate offer from another team?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I think he's flashed enough that he'll get overpaid in FA. It could pay off if he can put it together, but betting on something and counting on something are different things.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It'd be nice if they could sign Floyd to a 1-year "prove it" deal that they did with several other players in the past.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I didn't think this needed it's own thread but I thought some of you might find it interesting:

Randy Moss to KG: I should have left Vikings after rookie year
“I felt that he wanted me there in Minnesota but after he left it felt like they did not want Denny’s players there in Minnesota any more,” Moss said.

Green was let go by the Vikings near the end of the 2001 season, which was Moss’ fourth year in the league.

But Moss dropped a true shocker when he kept talking: “If I could go back and change things I probably would have left after the 15-1 season,” he said.

That, of course, was his rookie year of 1998 — when Moss took the league by storm with 17 touchdown catches. The Vikings went to the playoffs three more times during Moss’ time in Minnesota, including another NFC title game appearance. But they never quite re-captured the magic of 1998. Moss eventually fell out of favor and was traded to the Raiders after the 2004 season.

“I was loyal to the Minnesota Vikings. I was loyal to Coach Green and the organization,” Moss said. “For them to ship me out after (seven seasons) … what I do know now, I’d have probably gotten out of there my second year.”
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:I didn't think this needed it's own thread but I thought some of you might find it interesting:

Randy Moss to KG: I should have left Vikings after rookie year
meh.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

On a side note: Vegas gave the Vikings the 6th best odds to win the SB next year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I had to laugh at this:

Crystal ball: NFL predictions for 2017
10. The Minnesota Vikings become the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium

Their opponent is the Indianapolis Colts, who win a 41-38 thriller after Andrew Luck throws a go-ahead touchdown with 1:45 left and Sam Bradford checks it down to a running back with time expiring at the Colts' 15-yard line. Two months later, Bradford signs with the Texans. Circle of life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:I had to laugh at this:

Crystal ball: NFL predictions for 2017
I'm repelling off the stadium roof if this happens. Without the rope.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I'm repelling off the stadium roof if this happens. Without the rope.
:lol:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote: I'm repelling off the stadium roof if this happens. Without the rope.
Not to worry! You'll probably land softly on a feather bed of dead birds! :tongue:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins