2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

beerfan
Backup

Re: 2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by beerfan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I don't really understand how??? He hasnt allowed 1 sack in two games. Doesnt make much sense to me
I also don't recall him getting any holding or false start calls either. He definitely got away with one holding in the third quarter though.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:
Wow that is somewhat of a surprise...I didn't think Clemmings was great at left tackle, but I didn't think he was bottom of the heap.
I thought he was doing a fair job protecting Bradford. And I thought him and Boone was doing a decent job working together.
So do you give Sirles a try at left tackle?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PFF seems pretty suspect this year. Even the defensive guys are rated pretty low, guys like Rhodes, Barr, etc. I think Smith is the only guy rated highly.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:PFF seems pretty suspect this year. Even the defensive guys are rated pretty low, guys like Rhodes, Barr, etc. I think Smith is the only guy rated highly.
The panthers game Zimmer said he thought Clemmings done a good job.
I didn't hear much about the Gaints game. So I guess if the coach thinks you done ok that is all that counts.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not ideal.
Not practicing were receiver Stefon Diggs (groin), tight end Kyle Rudolph (clavicle/rib), right tackle Andre Smith (triceps), tight end Rhett Ellison (knee), tight end David Morgan (knee) and tackle Sharrif Floyd (knee), who is a starter but hasn’t played since having knee surgery after the season opener.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:Not ideal.

Hoping that Rudy's fine. His wife just had twins, so maybe he missed for that more than the ribs? We need him vs. the Texans.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

0 Vikings-Texans Numbers of Note: Vikings Lead NFL in Turnover Margin
67.6 - Combined passer rating allowed through four games by Minnesota's defense. The quartet of Marcus Mariota, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and Eli Manning have combined to throw three touchdowns and six interceptions.
http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/10- ... 0c942b4681
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Only change on Vikings' injury report for Thursday was Rudolph's limited return with a rib injury. DNP: Smith, Diggs, Ellison, Morgan, Floyd
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Diggs is really starting to worry me. He didnt practice again today. That could kill our passing game. Although, it would be nice to see Laquon fill in
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Well it has been about 4 days so we were overdue to lose someone else on offense.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Diggs is listed as doubtful......I'm sure we will see Wright as long as he is 100%.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:Well it has been about 4 days so we were overdue to lose someone else on offense.
As long as it isnt Bradford. We have been giving a blessedness.
To have this Vet as a backup, well thats just good oversight. Something im not noy to oversaying..

We will take it will we gave will and instill confidence. The Turnetd, Zimmer. very good staff, all of it good. Use is wisely and work our tail off. And lets not forgrt the D!. How in the the world could we LOL. I am more excited about '98 right noe, and I know it early.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Mycole Pruitt doesn't know how serious his knee injury is told me he will have an MRI
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Would Alex Boone have been Vikings' next man up at tackle: 'I don't want to think about that, it's been so long. Let's move on.'
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson #Vikings Brandon Fusco with concussion was in locker room after game walking around Can't talk to media but word from others is should be OK