View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transactions) 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transacti
Plenty of speculation already about whether the #Vikings could go after Christine Michael.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:57 pm
Career Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:
Plenty of speculation already about whether the #Vikings could go after Christine Michael.

Seen plenty of him to know he's no answer...Not to mention that the RB spot isn't the issue. Not sure what people don't understand. Every one of their RB's are serviceable, if not more (looking at McKinnon here), but lest we forget that even in the small sample we saw with Peterson in game 1, this team could have ______ (insert your opinion of the most dominant RB ever) as their RB and it probably won't matter a whole lot. The Vikings just cannot block. Pretty much clear as day to me.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:33 pm
Defensive Tackle

Vikings Sign Tackle Rashod Hill, Place Jake Long on IR

Quote:
The Vikings on Tuesday announced they have signed tackle Rashod Hill and placed Jake Long on injured reserve.

Hill, who joined Jacksonville as a rookie free agent in May, was signed off the Jaguars practice squad to Minnesota’s 53-man roster. He spent one game this season on the active roster of his hometown team but did not play against Baltimore.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:58 pm
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:

With what cap room exactly? I would rather just give Ronnie Hillman a chance.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

I would love to see Hillman get more touches.....could be a good thing.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 am
All Pro Elite Player

autobon7 wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

I would love to see Hillman get more touches.....could be a good thing.

That quote was from Chris Tomasson on Christine Michael.
I agree Hillman or CJ Ham is who I would like to see. Ham as a short yardage back.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Christine Michael
The Seahawks just cut him, I for one think he would be a upgrade to our craptastic running game. I wonder how long it would take him to get a hold of the system.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:14 am
Career Elite Player

Seriously, guys...Christine Micheal is nothing special. Michael needs clear holes to run through in order to be just minimally effective and the Vikings Oline cannot provide that. Hillman is much better.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:15 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Seriously, guys...Christine Micheal is nothing special. Michael needs clear holes to run through in order to be just minimally effective and the Vikings Oline cannot provide that. Hillman is much better.

He was running behind Seattles terrible O line, I think it is almost as bad as ours and he did pretty good for them.

I agree I would like to see CJ ham in the game for short yardage instead of Asiata, that dude is like a little bowling ball.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:50 pm
All Pro Elite Player

halfgiz wrote:

Packers have claimed RB Christine Michael off waivers, source says.
1:17 PM - 16 Nov 2016

#Vikings did put in a waiver claim for Christine Michael but Packers got him since they have a worse record. twitter.com/christomasson/…

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:11 pm
Transition Player

I agree with many that Christine Michael wouldn't have helped our running game very much since our problems start at the OL. But he is going to big upgrade for the Packers and i expect he will be well acclimated by the time we go to Lambeau. Oh well.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:21 am
Packers Suck

Grashopa wrote:
I agree with many that Christine Michael wouldn't have helped our running game very much since our problems start at the OL. But he is going to big upgrade for the Packers and i expect he will be well acclimated by the time we go to Lambeau. Oh well.

A big upgrade over the practice squad scrubs we have been trotting out recently, but hopefully he doesnt take too many carries away from a returning Starks.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Grashopa wrote:

Disagree completely. As someone said above, he ran very well behind the next worse line in the NFL in Seattle. That line is so bad it could give us a run for our money. Michael is a fast, straight line runner that is elusive and has good vision (unlike Asiata) and hits the hole at full speed (unlike McKinnon). Granted the line isnt helping our cause but does anyone believe that even behind Dallas' line, Matt Asiata could run for 100 and a TD....no. Absolutely not. The guy has no right being an NFL RB. And Mckinnon just doesnt have the downhill running style that is required to be a workhorse. I've said all along that Hillman needs to see more action. I want to puke more and more when I see Asiata run the ball

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:06 am
Transition Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Michael is a fast, straight line runner that is elusive and has good vision (unlike Asiata) and hits the hole at full speed (unlike McKinnon)

The very same description could be used to describe Peterson, who also struggled mightily behind our O-line when it was at its healthiest. Havent you been watching the games this season? all of our backs no matter if they are future hall of famers, Superbowl champions or nicknamed "Jet" are getting hit in the back field or running into piles of bodies where the hole should be. It looks like an O-line problem to me. Put any of our backs behind the Dallas line where they can run through gaping holes and not even get touched until they are 3-5 yards downfield and see how they look... probably more Elliot like.

My main point was that Michael will be a much bigger improvement over the packers bottom of the barrel RBs than he would be over our stable of otherwise good RBs

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:58 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Grashopa wrote:
Michael is a fast, straight line runner that is elusive and has good vision (unlike Asiata) and hits the hole at full speed (unlike McKinnon)

The very same description could be used to describe Peterson, who also struggled mightily behind our O-line when it was at its healthiest. Havent you been watching the games this season? all of our backs no matter if they are future hall of famers, Superbowl champions or nicknamed "Jet" are getting hit in the back field or running into piles of bodies where the hole should be. It looks like an O-line problem to me. Put any of our backs behind the Dallas line where they can run through gaping holes and not even get touched until they are 3-5 yards downfield and see how they look... probably more Elliot like.

My main point was that Michael will be a much bigger improvement over the packers bottom of the barrel RBs than he would be over our stable of otherwise good RBs

But they aren't losing yards nearly as much as they were in the beginning of the season. I admitted the line is awful. But our RBs aren't getting tackled in the backfield nearly as much as they were. We have a combination of a fullback in Asiata and somebody thats overly patient in McKinnon. They couldn't hit hole if it was the size of a bus. We have nobody with any kind of elusiveness and speed to hit the line. Asiata hits it 100 mph but has no clue where he's going and McKinnon stops and sits. How is it possible for Seattles line to be so bad and Michael running as good as he was? It doesnt add up. Anytime Hillman has been in, he's been getting positive yards for the most part. Nobody else is and Hillman is a average to below average back but has the right running style. The other two don't. Michael wouldnt fix this running game completely, but I could see him making it a lot better. Thats why I'm baffled that Asiata continues to run the ball and Hillman doesnt.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:58 pm
Transition Player

But they aren't losing yards nearly as much as they were in the beginning of the season. I admitted the line is awful. But our RBs aren't getting tackled in the backfield nearly as much as they were. We have a combination of a fullback in Asiata and somebody thats overly patient in McKinnon. They couldn't hit hole if it was the size of a bus. We have nobody with any kind of elusiveness and speed to hit the line. Asiata hits it 100 mph but has no clue where he's going and McKinnon stops and sits. How is it possible for Seattles line to be so bad and Michael running as good as he was? It doesnt add up. Anytime Hillman has been in, he's been getting positive yards for the most part. Nobody else is and Hillman is a average to below average back but has the right running style. The other two don't. Michael wouldnt fix this running game completely, but I could see him making it a lot better. Thats why I'm baffled that Asiata continues to run the ball and Hillman doesnt.

I am a lurker for the most part, so you haven't heard much from me, but i have read a lot from you, and typically i agree with a lot of what you write, but this time i have to disagree and i feel that you are way off. Mckinnon and Asiata filled in nicely for Peterson a couple years ago and Hillman is coming off of a super bowl winning season in which he contributed a lot. I just cant see how RB is the issue here. I am not saying the Michael wouldn't be a slight upgrade in talent but the main issue with our running game is the O-line and to a lesser extent, play calling.

My original comment was that he is going to be a much bigger upgrade for GB was based on the fact that GB is lacking in RB talent right now. He is going to have more success in GB than he would here.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:27 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Grashopa wrote:

I am a lurker for the most part, so you haven't heard much from me, but i have read a lot from you, and typically i agree with a lot of what you write, but this time i have to disagree and i feel that you are way off. Mckinnon and Asiata filled in nicely for Peterson a couple years ago and Hillman is coming off of a super bowl winning season in which he contributed a lot. I just cant see how RB is the issue here. I am not saying the Michael wouldn't be a slight upgrade in talent but the main issue with our running game is the O-line and to a lesser extent, play calling.

My original comment was that he is going to be a much bigger upgrade for GB was based on the fact that GB is lacking in RB talent right now. He is going to have more success in GB than he would here.

And again, I'm not denying how bad our line is due to injuries. However, Matt Asiata did not fill in nicely as few years ago. He averaged 3.5 per carry which is pretty pathetic if you ask me. Yeah he scored 9 tds but I think just about every one was from the goal line. If you gave Zach Line that many carries from the goal line he would score just as much or more. Just because he had 9 touchdowns doesn't mean he filled in nicely. McKinnon played well but couldn't stay healthy.

Bottom line is, yes our line is terrible but our RBs aren't much better. Especially Asiata who's sadly getting the most carries out of anyone for whatever stupid reason. Asiata is an absolute dud and McKinnon is nothing but a 3rd down back. Michael provides a little bit of everything and isn't one dimensional like the guys we have. I would really like to see a young solid RB in there and see what happens. This could be Dallas' line and Asiata wouldn't be able to average over 4.0 YPC.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 pm
Fenrir

This is a thread about Free Agency, please move the discussion to the appropriate area. Thank you.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote:
This is a thread about Free Agency, please move the discussion to the appropriate area. Thank you.

With all do respect, our argument pertains to how Christine Michael would or wouldnt improve our run game which technically had to do with free agency

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:52 pm
Backup

Grashopa wrote:

I am a lurker for the most part, so you haven't heard much from me, but i have read a lot from you, and typically i agree with a lot of what you write, but this time i have to disagree and i feel that you are way off. Mckinnon and Asiata filled in nicely for Peterson a couple years ago and Hillman is coming off of a super bowl winning season in which he contributed a lot. I just cant see how RB is the issue here. I am not saying the Michael wouldn't be a slight upgrade in talent but the main issue with our running game is the O-line and to a lesser extent, play calling

Well stated Grashopa. The upgrade is slight at best......if any at all. Also, he doesn't know the system! The protections! He would be a liability initially really. Our protection is bad enough already without throwing more variable in the mix. Best off waiting for AP to return, we will get an upgrade then.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:52 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alaskan wrote:
Grashopa wrote:

I am a lurker for the most part, so you haven't heard much from me, but i have read a lot from you, and typically i agree with a lot of what you write, but this time i have to disagree and i feel that you are way off. Mckinnon and Asiata filled in nicely for Peterson a couple years ago and Hillman is coming off of a super bowl winning season in which he contributed a lot. I just cant see how RB is the issue here. I am not saying the Michael wouldn't be a slight upgrade in talent but the main issue with our running game is the O-line and to a lesser extent, play calling

Well stated Grashopa. The upgrade is slight at best......if any at all. Also, he doesn't know the system! The protections! He would be a liability initially really. Our protection is bad enough already without throwing more variable in the mix. Best off waiting for AP to return, we will get an upgrade then.

Well it's no different than Ronnie Hillman. Just because you sign a guy doesnt mean you have to plug him in the lineup day 1. Like I said, he's the type of back we currently don't have which is why I think he could've helped this running game. Not completely turn it around but he would definitely help it

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 pm
Franchise Player

i believe the only thing you can definitively say about Michael is that he's a Packer.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:08 am
Career Elite Player

Nunin wrote:
i believe the only thing you can definitively say about Michael is that he's a Packer.

Yep...#### him.

:lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:51 am
All Pro Elite Player

@ GoesslingESPN
Minneapolis
The Vikings waived running back Ronnie Hillman, and signed defensive end Stephen Weatherly to the active roster.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:34 pm
All Pro Elite Player

#Vikings add RB Bishop Sankey, a former second-round pick of the Titans, to their practice squad.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:34 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
#Vikings add RB Bishop Sankey, a former second-round pick of the Titans, to their practice squad.

Smart move to at least store someone on the p-squad since we had to dump hillman. Don't think he'll ever do much though

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:07 pm
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:

Smart move to at least store someone on the p-squad since we had to dump hillman. Don't think he'll ever do much though

Im starting to wonder if Hillman would have been better to keep around then McKinnon (or even Asiata). And I doubt we ever see Sankey playing. The more games I see with Mckinnnon and Asiata, the more I dont like either.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 am
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

Im starting to wonder if Hillman would have been better to keep around then McKinnon (or even Asiata). And I doubt we ever see Sankey playing. The more games I see with Mckinnnon and Asiata, the more I dont like either.

Now people are seeing what many of the rest of us saw at the beginning of the year. The running game is not AD's fault, it is the hrorific OL that we trot out each day. If the Vikings don't spend their first three picks on an OL I will be very disappointed.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

Im not sure how salaries work, cap space, at all that, but i dont see us keeping AD. We have too many bills and not enough talent. Just thinking of AD not being a Viking is sad, but I think next year is going to be a rebuild year, with Bradford as vet until whatever rookie can play. Maybe the Eagles or Cowboys could pick that QB for us.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:40 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleMustReign wrote:

Now people are seeing what many of the rest of us saw at the beginning of the year. The running game is not AD's fault, it is the hrorific OL that we trot out each day. If the Vikings don't spend their first three picks on an OL I will be very disappointed.

I honestly think that we should draft OL exclusively this year. I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's just how bad we are at that position and how crippling it's been for us.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next